Unreal Engine Abandoned Marrying Witches [v0.3.0.2] [Witch-Dev]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Hello, I'm the developer of this game, you can find a new version of it on and I recently set up a patreon page if you want to support the development of my game:
I'll gladly listen to any feedback whether you like what I'm doing or not let me hear it, I have a rather thick skin and can deal with criticism after all thats the only way to improve what I'm doing.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
There is an unspecified error when trying to extract the files from the Mega download... Tried downloading a couple times, but windows just keeps throwing errors when trying to copy the files out of the compressed file...

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
There is an unspecified error when trying to extract the files from the Mega download... Tried downloading a couple times, but windows just keeps throwing errors when trying to copy the files out of the compressed file...
Can you try downloading it through the itch.io link? I'd like to know if you have the problem with that file as well.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Can you try downloading it through the itch.io link? I'd like to know if you have the problem with that file as well.
All my browsers give off the same type of errors with that link:

This site is not secure
This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

And I usually don't try and bypass errors such as this....

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
copy the files out of the compressed file?? what are you doing?!? you unarchive it, not drag files out or try to run it inside the archive(one of my nephews still tries to do this and can't seem to understand why it doesn't work). plus it can also be using the wrong app to decompress that causes problems, i'll never understand why someone will try to use bob's special file compressor on a RAR archive and then claim the file is screwed up cuz it won't decompress heh. man now i have to d/l this from the mega just to see.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
copy the files out of the compressed file?? what are you doing?!? you unarchive it, not drag files out or try to run it inside the archive(one of my nephews still tries to do this and can't seem to understand why it doesn't work). plus it can also be using the wrong app to decompress that causes problems, i'll never understand why someone will try to use bob's special file compressor on a RAR archive and then claim the file is screwed up cuz it won't decompress heh. man now i have to d/l this from the mega just to see.
As with any compressed file, once you open it up, you need to extract the files to your hard drive... During this operation, the OS throws an error, as I listed... I been decompressing files of this nature since the late 80's, and always use either an official program or in this case, you can open and extract the file using Windows 10 directly... I've done this thousands of times, so it isn't human error or the extraction tool being the problem... It's something about the compressed file from the Mega link that the OS doesn't like when trying to extract some of the files... The error code given isn't specific enough with the exact reason for the error... It's listed as a Non-Specific Error when you look the code up...

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
Too early to decide if I like this or not. Graphics could use more work, especially lighting but I won't complain, overall the game looks nice so far. I trust this game can have some decent content and can gather a ton of patrons in the next months.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
This site is not secure
I forget the "https" in that link I guess thats why you got that error.

Too early to decide if I like this or not. Graphics could use more work, especially lighting but I won't complain, overall the game looks nice so far. I trust this game can have some decent content and can gather a ton of patrons in the next months.
I did try some solutions with partially baked lighting before but it isn't feasible with big levels. I will have more detailed lighting indoors in the future because I plan to separate them into their own sub levels (this has also performance benefits since indoor levels won't have to be loaded at the same time as the rest of the world).
If there are other aspects especially about the outdoors lighting (like in the open field or the forest) I'd like to hear what your issues exactly are.
Otherwise higher detail models are close to finished and will be in the next update (they will be used during gameplay for fast computers and during sex scenes by default).

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I can't seem to unzip the .exe file. Everything else weirdly works though.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Ah crap I see it now I was always using 7-zip I can't unzip it with windows by default either I'll fix it as soon as possible and let you know.

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
I forget the "https" in that link I guess thats why you got that error.

I did try some solutions with partially baked lighting before but it isn't feasible with big levels. I will have more detailed lighting indoors in the future because I plan to separate them into their own sub levels (this has also performance benefits since indoor levels won't have to be loaded at the same time as the rest of the world).
If there are other aspects especially about the outdoors lighting (like in the open field or the forest) I'd like to hear what your issues exactly are.
Otherwise higher detail models are close to finished and will be in the next update (they will be used during gameplay for fast computers and during sex scenes by default).
The outer world kinda looks ok-ish, mostly because the focus is on exploration (?) or running around. During the NSFW scenes, the focus is fully on the characters and it's where they look a bit too... I can't find the proper word... like plastic dolls. I don't know if that's the style you want to go for so... yeah. As I said above I don't know what to say about this project so far there's a perfect balance between pro's and con's in my mind right now. Let me see what 0.3.0 brings and I will provide feedback.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
I'm always trying to improve the animations and I hope that the high detail meshes I'll be adding will help, but I'm also not going for a realistic style (the player character is also still missing properly animated eyes which isn't helping).
Waiting for 0.3.0 is a reasonable decision.

I can't seem to unzip the .exe file. Everything else weirdly works though.
I hope you'll find the cause of this problem very soon.
I uploaded a differently compressed file which is a bit larger but did work for me with windows own unzip. Please tell me whether the file on my itch page works for you now.

Reactions: zazzaro

ezala

May 7, 2017
It works. For me at least, but I'm using WinRAR. Habits die hard *shrug*. I rather like the art style and I'll look forward to seeing more.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
At least I have now one more thing in my test checklist: unzip with different tools.

RabbinicalScholor

Feb 11, 2018
Honestly Witch-Dev I think that you need better advertising.

There's a lot of great Devs that never make a lot of money because they don't advertise properly.

Jun 27, 2017
Hello, I'm the developer of this game, you can find a new version of it on and I recently set up a patreon page if you want to support the development of my game:
I'll gladly listen to any feedback whether you like what I'm doing or not let me hear it, I have a rather thick skin and can deal with criticism after all thats the only way to improve what I'm doing.
That goblin girl would wear panties at least XD

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Honestly Witch-Dev I think that you need better advertising.
I do. But it takes time I could use to develop the game further, on the other hand with more money I'd have more time to develop the game. I guess I'll just try to improve the patreon page and prepare the polls for now. Then I'll try to spread the word some more.

That goblin girl would wear panties at least
But shirt without pants is my fetish. (though to all you panty lovers there will be sexy lingerie)

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
What kind of gpu do you have? Lowering Material quality, grass density, shadow cascades, shadow resolution and render scale should increase the frame rate a lot (Screen space reflection and distance field shadowing does also have a noticeable impact). If your frame rate is high enough or you get screen tearing try turning V-Sync on.
Other than that the next unreal engine version has some improvements which should help improve the frame rate.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes