Unreal Engine Abandoned Marrying Witches [v0.3.0.2] [Witch-Dev]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
My frame rate is great, but the GPU is working at 100% constantly. I have GTX780.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Turning V-Sync on doesn't help?
If it doesn't help I might have to add an option to artificially limit the framerate in a future update.

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Turning V-Sync on doesn't help?
If it doesn't help I might have to add an option to artificially limit the framerate in a future update.
Limiting the framerate and dropping the quality a bit makes it go down to 90%, which I'm fine with... and I probably should have tried sooner.

Still, playing Dishonored 2 max settings takes me less than 50%, so maybe the game could use a little optimization. I don't know how hard it is though, so I wouldn't want to sound pretencious.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, I will try to optimize wherever I can but I'm also leaving options in which are just thought for people with very high end PCs who want to use them, for example setting the grass density to 50% and shadow cascades down to 4 will most of the time look very similar to the max setting and setting render scale over 100 is just there in case someone has a very powerfull graphics card and wants that tiny bit more sharpness.
I will also add more options to the graphics menu over time, because I personally like it when I can tweak all kinds of graphics settings in a game.
Also I want to add some presets, not entirely sure how I'll handle that though, I kind of want to do a mini benchmark to determine the optimal settings for each user but that would be a lot of work with rather minor benefit, I'll probably just try to create some ultra, high, medium, low presets first which you can then select.

Reactions: zazzaro

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, I will try to optimize wherever I can but I'm also leaving options in which are just thought for people with very high end PCs who want to use them, for example setting the grass density to 50% and shadow cascades down to 4 will most of the time look very similar to the max setting and setting render scale over 100 is just there in case someone has a very powerfull graphics card and wants that tiny bit more sharpness.
I will also add more options to the graphics menu over time, because I personally like it when I can tweak all kinds of graphics settings in a game.
Also I want to add some presets, not entirely sure how I'll handle that though, I kind of want to do a mini benchmark to determine the optimal settings for each user but that would be a lot of work with rather minor benefit, I'll probably just try to create some ultra, high, medium, low presets first which you can then select.
Considering that I play AAA in ultra with no issues, maybe call your extreme version "absurd" or something like that. :extremelyhappy:

u3708395

Jan 23, 2018
I think most screenshots in OP are not achievable with the playable version.

The glitches are glorious. Does anybody know why this is happening? Inverse Kinematics?

The adult action looks very good. Although one of the holes (guess which) seems to be disappearing.

Reactions: mastercuck

zazzaro

Jun 5, 2017
I had a glitch where the girl's tits went NUTS while she was sitting in the throne. I was glorious!

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
I think most screenshots in OP are not achievable with the playable version.
Yeah, they are all from test builds.
Regarding that glitch it's the foot correction which tries to step on her collision capsule, let's just say it's fixed in the next version.
Same with the butthole it'll be fixed once I have the high detail meshes for sex scenes in (fixed for low and high detail meshes).

I had a glitch where the girl's tits went NUTS while she was sitting in the throne. I was glorious!
I'm currently not resetting her physics the moment the cutscene starts, I guess I should (I allready reset the player character physics because he teleports into the right position at beginning of the cutscene, so adding it for her won't take much time.)

Luxee

Deluded weirdo
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2017
This is oddly titillating, maybe glitch tits is the way to go? That could be one of the characters in game, some alien that has weird titty physics because her body isn't attuned to earth gravity :thinking:

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Lucky that those physics bugs aren't game breaking, but in general I'll try to fix them as far as possible and then I'd rather go with Luxee's recommendation and add a specific character to feature that (or just a menu option that makes the physics more loose, actually a slider to make breast physics more or less jiggly would be pretty easy to do)
In other news I'm working on the first story line in the new world, which includes the goblin girl.

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
oh wow, never hear this before... did you have any idea how unity or unreal work ?
renpy is nothing else than some shitty scripting pushed at the most easy limit possible. i mean its like :
================================
enter room
talk mom = hi honey !
player answer = hi mom !
scene end
scene end if clic somwhere else
================================

i not joking, renpy is literally this easy.. all you have to do is to put the art you make , and its even not hard at all as the soft have the most easy way to do that. ( renpy is the most easy engine to learn for game)

unity and unreal are far away from this simple system. the comparison is similar to use Playdoh and 3DsMax .. 1 is for beginner, 1 is for pro/semi-pro ( specially more for unreal )
but dont think a RPG action game no pics in it all moving continuous im really getting sick errors in renpy games missing pics nothing wrong unreal engine so many pc game company's use it ,,, anyway i had game the other day first start it after download what did it do strait into first screen error its not pc problem i run i7 3.4 quad core 16 gb ram gforce gtx 970 on iv run fallout 4 in ultra settings

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
I played , game is a bit lag

but I played Tails of Azeroth so Smooth

maybe there are too lots objects on map or etc

or separate map for parts reduce lag

there are 2 lakes 1 house , lots of trees and rocks , and Trail is narrow
well sad but this game played smooth as on my pc maybe bec i got i7 3.4 quad core 16gb ddr3 ram gtx 970 i ran great

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
I forget the "https" in that link I guess thats why you got that error.

I did try some solutions with partially baked lighting before but it isn't feasible with big levels. I will have more detailed lighting indoors in the future because I plan to separate them into their own sub levels (this has also performance benefits since indoor levels won't have to be loaded at the same time as the rest of the world).
If there are other aspects especially about the outdoors lighting (like in the open field or the forest) I'd like to hear what your issues exactly are.
Otherwise higher detail models are close to finished and will be in the next update (they will be used during gameplay for fast computers and during sex scenes by default).
Hello "witchdev im wondering if you have put save game button in the 2.2 ver i not found it yet ,,,, why there no screen shot maker is it coming be nice if f12 worked , must be not compatible in your game i even added it to steam folder added it steam as non steam game used F12 take snapshot pic i get nothing

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
Hello "witchdev im wondering if you have put save game button in the 2.2 ver i not found it yet ,,,, why there no screen shot maker is it coming be nice if f12 worked , must be not compatible in your game i even added it to steam folder added it steam as non steam game used F12 take snapshot pic i get nothing
There is no save game button yet, the next version will have a "level select" option, after that I'll make a save game button, there just isn't much to save yet so I put it off until later.
Regarding the screenshots you can hit F9 to take a screenshot it's saved under: "C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Alchemist\Saved\Screenshots" it's a bit half assed and takes the screenshot without speech bubbles, which is why I didn't document it yet (planned is to have buttons for screenshots with and without UI elements and to be able to change the location where they are saved.)

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
I'm creating polls now. There is one for her hairstyle which is open for everyone, the others are for patrons only.

cl0ckw3rk

Jan 3, 2018
So does the game only go up to the space sex scene or what? People have asked how to get passed it but no answer was posted yet. I'm assuming there's further content based on what's written in the changelog.

witchdev

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2018
The game ends currently at the space sex scene, I'm currently working on getting the new content in the fantasy world ready(though the last week I've been preparing a lot of stuff for my new patreon page).

I really have to display a message once players have reached the end of the current content (It bugs me that I didn't make it clear).

In other news patrons can now vote for her clothes.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes