Solomon42

Sep 23, 2023
Does anyone have a step by step for Mai-lynn. I have beat the gang , am investing in the village, she says she only worried about her father health. What am I missing?

Mar 5, 2024
I have been able to reduce the runtime for the conclude day (with midnight calculations) for my game from more than 7 seconds to about 3 seconds, just by doing some preprocessing and restructuring some code (especially if-blocks). (And I expect that the runtime improvement would be even larger, if I had a few floor crawlers, a guard captain (with maybe some guards) and a few more workshops or a few more npcs, as I am currently not at the cap). The midnight calculations alone, without conclude day do currently take maybe 1.5 seconds with the changes, without the changes the midnight calculations without conclude day would currently take more than 4.5 seconds.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While currently the runtime of the code should probably not be the primary concern of Grimdark (GD-studios), it might still be a good idea to not totally neglate the runtime of the code (ie. if inefficient code blocks are copy and pasted before some modifications to the pasted code block, it will be more work to make the code blocks efficient later on as there will be more code blocks, which need to be changed), as the code base (or code size) will probably get larger in future versions and the runtime will increase (eventhough this is probably only necessary in the long run for the code executed during the "midnight calculations" and the "conclude day calculations" and for possible future computation heavy code).

ps. At least for random npcs there is a problem if the npc successfully escapes (in v8.31), as in that case "ClearSlot" is called too early (so that the melee and other stats of the npc are no longer available, eventhough they are still used for calculating the damage to guards etc.).

Reactions: StJesuz

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Does anyone have a step by step for Mai-lynn. I have beat the gang , am investing in the village, she says she only worried about her father health. What am I missing?
Have her accompany you and go to Toshi Gardens where you meet her father. The quest doesn't here though, you have much more to do. The village isn't part of May Lynn's quest though, Aiko did say she was from Burakumin village, but it seems there is no quest related to Aiko (as of yet?).

Sep 29, 2019
Have her accompany you and go to Toshi Gardens where you meet her father. The quest doesn't here though, you have much more to do. The village isn't part of May Lynn's quest though, Aiko did say she was from Burakumin village, but it seems there is no quest related to Aiko (as of yet?).
its not the Village you must take her to the garden near the Store on the left side of the Map.And you must kill all the Ninja that are near the Village on the right side of the map to go on with the Quest

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
You get Mai Lynn to see her father in Toshi's Garden in Raikan. She then asks you to recover her father's seedlings from the Hunt Research in Emerald City. You can buy it out or steal it (there is a hacking check if you do, decently strong). You return the seedlings to her father who will then ask you to get him 4 Baneclaw dung. You travel to Kahil Outpost via the port in Darkmere. You can choose to go alone if you have decent stealth stats to sneakily steal Baneclaw dung or you can bring a party of 4 combat ready NPCs to fight for each dung. Two Baneclaws spawn for each dung. If you are solo and you are detected, you are dead. You can save before trying each dung, reloading the save until you are not detected. If you do not want to do that, bringing 4 combat-ready NPCs in duraplate and greatsword will do the trick.

its not the Village you must take her to the garden near the Store on the left side of the Map.And you must kill all the Ninja that are near the Village on the right side of the map to go on with the Quest
Killing the Black Scorpion gang is not necessary for Mai Lynn's questline as far as I know. They are only "necessary" if you want to earn income from Toshi's Garden. Also, if you ask her for her hopes and dreams, she says she wants you to kill the gang.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey
Sep 29, 2019
Killing the Black Scorpion gang is not necessary for Mai Lynn's questline as far as I know. They are only "necessary" if you want to earn income from Toshi's Garden. Also, if you ask her for her hopes and dreams, she says she wants you to kill the gang.
As she ask for it i have done it before i have done the rest so not sure if it real need.But if it not need a little bit wired that she ask about it

Solomon42

Sep 23, 2023
You get Mai Lynn to see her father in Toshi's Garden in Raikan. She then asks you to recover her father's seedlings from the Hunt Research in Emerald City. You can buy it out or steal it (there is a hacking check if you do, decently strong). You return the seedlings to her father who will then ask you to get him 4 Baneclaw dung. You travel to Kahil Outpost via the port in Darkmere. You can choose to go alone if you have decent stealth stats to sneakily steal Baneclaw dung or you can bring a party of 4 combat ready NPCs to fight for each dung. Two Baneclaws spawn for each dung. If you are solo and you are detected, you are dead. You can save before trying each dung, reloading the save until you are not detected. If you do not want to do that, bringing 4 combat-ready NPCs in duraplate and greatsword will do the trick.

For some reason I can not get her father to trigger.
I go to the garden and get her that one day she will talk about herself and wonder where her father is.
I have undying affection
She is a servant not a slave
Her will power 11+
I got her to talk in Gold Dragon once
What are the exact triggers to meet her father?
Is there any trigger blockers?

Jun 10, 2022
For some reason I can not get her father to trigger.
I go to the garden and get her that one day she will talk about herself and wonder where her father is.
I have undying affection
She is a servant not a slave
Her will power 11+
I got her to talk in Gold Dragon once
What are the exact triggers to meet her father?
Is there any trigger blockers?
What does she say when you ask her hopes and dreams? What does she say when you ask about background?

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Does Valkaria despawn if you ignore her? I had planned to come back but now she's gone. From the looks of it I may have to restart in order to grab her which is fine depending on how close the next update is.

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Does Valkaria despawn if you ignore her? I had planned to come back but now she's gone. From the looks of it I may have to restart in order to grab her which is fine depending on how close the next update is.
I think when you get the day end event that the guards cleared out the bandits in that area her group is eliminated. It's pretty easy to respawn her group using console commands. Search the thread and you should get it as it has been posted several times before.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024
Does anyone know how can you get your hands on the CiberCannon?
Yes, if you mean Cybercannon, no if you really mean Cibercannon. But I will only give a few hints: you need to find two encrypted texts, need to decrypt and then visit (with a combined strength of no less than 250) a location which has three statues of settlers (btw. the location is somewhere in Ikaanos City, where multiple ambushes from swarming raiders can happen due to a single global event on the day that global event is triggered).

ps. As an alternative you could set $owncyber to an integer value above zero.

Tom Soyer

Jun 3, 2017
So guys, Furry's Tavern is always closed in my playthrough. I got several bounties there, but can't deliever, because the tavern never opens. I have build my own tavern ion Redhaven, can it be Furry's closed because of that?

PS. Never mind, they open in the evening...

Last edited:
Reactions: LizJ

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Yes, if you mean Cybercannon, no if you really mean Cibercannon. But I will only give a few hints: you need to find two encrypted texts, need to decrypt and then visit (with a combined strength of no less than 250) a location which has three statues of settlers (btw. the location is somewhere in Ikaanos City, where multiple ambushes from swarming raiders can happen due to a single global event on the day that global event is triggered).

ps. As an alternative you could set $owncyber to an integer value above zero.
Damm, a bloody riddle!!!

I´m really really bad at riddles....

Reactions: Nellyg
4.60 star(s) 112 Votes