• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
If you're not in the area of your home at north redhaven, you won't be able to process slaves. I think you can process in an area where there's a slave market. If you're at the swamps and have fort sera, instead of process you can donate to fort sera
You're right, Crystal Heights and Watery Eyes have slave markets, thus you can process them there as well. The Mad Preacher will also take hotties off your hands but has little use for men so don't bother if you process in Preacher's Pond, the fourth place you can sell slaves.

Reactions: errte13 and Fauno36

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
:)

I don't keep them, but my toll no doubt runs in the hundreds. For weeks at a time I've played the first few days like ten times a night trying to find the 'optimum' opening. Every few nights I'll take one to thirty or so and see where I get.
For me it has become like a whole chess game, trying new openings until I find the optimal one (I think I did it).
Of course, until Grimdark makes a new radical change and we start again. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
For me it has become like a whole chess game, trying new openings until I find the optimal one (I think I did it).
Of course, until Grimdark makes a new radical change and we start again. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
In your most optimum start did you hire Ansel, the Peasant and Bud and take out the neighborhood nemesis and start on the Redhaven Gang before moving anywhere else? I've tried it both ways, but for the reward versus the time investment and risk that is a good payout and allows you to buy more tendstims to keep you going longer.

Reactions: Fauno36

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
In your most optimum start did you hire Ansel, the Peasant and Bud and take out the neighborhood nemesis and start on the Redhaven Gang before moving anywhere else? I've tried it both ways, but for the reward versus the time investment and risk that is a good payout and allows you to buy more tendstims to keep you going longer.
Everything except Bud, I have him banned.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Everything except Bud, I have him banned.
You don't abandon the boys in the 'hood where I come from. Yes Bud is an obnoxious twit most of the time, but he's our twit. We have to take care of him or no one will.

He makes me laugh sometimes, mostly at him and not with him I must admit.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What mercs are you hiring?
So far i'm more on the lecturing / arms (crafting/manufacturing) route
Depends on whether I start with more or less than 1500 influence. If more then I head straight to the bank, take out a loan and go round up the top tiers. If less then I hire the cheap guys first so I can make enough money to hire the more expensive ones as soon as possible.

If you're not focusing as much on combat then I would probably stick with mercs that have a combination of decent health plus cheap salary. Ansel, Jack, Bud, and Doyle would be great for that. Doyle is kind of expensive up front, but his salary is cheap. I don't fight with people who have less than 100 health past day 1, which excludes most of the low salary mercs.

If you're playing one of the latest versions there are a couple of unique male slaves you can capture that are absolute melee monsters but they don't go down easy. Once you get them though you have combat monsters on par with the top tiers with no salary.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You don't abandon the boys in the 'hood where I come from. Yes Bud is an obnoxious twit most of the time, but he's our twit. We have to take care of him or no one will.

He makes me laugh sometimes, mostly at him and not with him I must admit.
Bud is less annoying than he used to be now that pool parties are a thing. Plus he got buffed at some point so his starting ranged skill isn't so terrible (he starts at 60 now, used to be 50). He's actually one of the best day 1 mercs now IMO when you take into account his decent health, reasonable ranged skill, ammo pack, and low salary. The only other low salary mercs with the same or better health than Bud are Jack, and Doyle and neither of them has an ammo pack.

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
Bud is less annoying than he used to be now that pool parties are a thing. Plus he got buffed at some point so his starting ranged skill isn't so terrible (he starts at 60 now, used to be 50). He's actually one of the best day 1 mercs now IMO when you take into account his decent health, reasonable ranged skill, ammo pack, and low salary. The only other low salary mercs with the same or better health than Bud are Jack, and Doyle and neither of them has an ammo pack.
My problem with Bud is that he is constantly losing happiness and affection, I tried everything and he tired me out!

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
My problem with Bud is that he is constantly losing happiness and affection, I tried everything and he tired me out!
Pool parties count as "spending time" with him for the attention whore perk so build a gazebo with a pool and throw some parties. They make everyone in your house happy, including Bud.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I apply a Neuraclean to Bud almost every time when I can buy it. He losses every trait except Ammo Pack and Scavenger, the two traits I need. If he ever spawns with Workaholic, I have no choice but to spare him. It fits timing-wise too since when I can access the Palace and afford to easily spend on Neuraclean also happens to be the time I use him less and ergo pay less attention to his happiness.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I apply a Neuraclean to Bud almost every time when I can buy it. He losses every trait except Ammo Pack and Scavenger, the two traits I need. If he ever spawns with Workaholic, I have no choice but to spare him. It fits timing-wise too since when I can access the Palace and afford to easily spend on Neuraclean also happens to be the time I use him less and ergo pay less attention to his happiness.
I keep forgetting that drug exists. Have to admit getting rid of attention whore entirely would be a good use of it. Shame to see Bud lose Nympho and Perverted though. Poor guy just needs to get a clue and seek attention from some of the actual whores living in the house...

I actually used to save scum perverted on Rifle Savant just because I found it amusing to have someone who was both Pure and Perverted at the same time. I think Grim fixed that though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
It used to be if your NPCs went down, they were Dead, dead. Recently in the Alphas Grimdark reintroduced it through Iron Man mode where if they hit -15 hp they'd be gone.

As for restarting, I may hold the record. Often I'll just play the first few days or maybe a month just for the fun of seeing if I can get off to a better start.

I've never lost a game-ending battle, he didn't introduce that until I knew enough not to walk into a fight without superior firepower or the best vibro-blades in Ikaanos.
Yeah if the next update has alot of stuff worth restarting for I may do it and do an ironman run. but until then no way lol. I have almost every named character this run so I feel I am closing in on being "done" anyway.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
You can only process in North Redhaven, Crystal Heights (when you can access it), Watery Eyes, and Preacher's Hall.
In this last location NEVER sell slaves, only process. The preacher pays very badly.
any reason to ever help preacher? I just dislike him bc of the michelle quest lol

kurum007

Jul 26, 2017
Is there way to raise corruption of Ikaanos?
Does that do anything? I was unaware that any of the stats other than wealth mattered. as for raising it I think the news office can?
Yes, see

Depends on whether I start with more or less than 1500 influence. If more then I head straight to the bank, take out a loan and go round up the top tiers. If less then I hire the cheap guys first so I can make enough money to hire the more expensive ones as soon as possible.

If you're not focusing as much on combat then I would probably stick with mercs that have a combination of decent health plus cheap salary. Ansel, Jack, Bud, and Doyle would be great for that. Doyle is kind of expensive up front, but his salary is cheap. I don't fight with people who have less than 100 health past day 1, which excludes most of the low salary mercs.

If you're playing one of the latest versions there are a couple of unique male slaves you can capture that are absolute melee monsters but they don't go down easy. Once you get them though you have combat monsters on par with the top tiers with no salary.
Seems like i have some "acquiring to do"
(the non merc beasts are mentioned in the post below)

https://f95zone.to/threads/masters-of-raana-v0-8-3-1-grimdark.100207/post-13585351

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes