chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Slaves and mercenaries use a completely diffrent mechanic to buy/equip armours for some reason. Could that be responsible?
Only person who can answer is the dev, already sent him pic of armor my girls can't equip 19k each armor in town where arena is, also I didn't see that armor in variables got a bunch of other armors and items, I always like to experiment on 1st playthrough to see what game needs and one thing it's missing animated scenes.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Is there anything you can do with the two kids you recruit?
I've got them both salvaging for now... are they good for anything else?
You can send them to school and eventually they can become accountants. You can train them in combat and even take them out with you (duraplate is recommended--they have like 25 health) to fight against lower-tier adversaries.

Laika will be eighteen someday too....

Last edited:
Reactions: JaxMan

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Only person who can answer is the dev, already sent him pic of armor my girls can't equip 19k each armor in town where arena is, also I didn't see that armor in variables got a bunch of other armors and items, I always like to experiment on 1st playthrough to see what game needs and one thing it's missing animated scenes.
You bought your girls stealth armor (19k) and it doesn't show up on their armor tab?

I just bought some stealth armor and equipped it to test whether it worked in my game and it did. I don't know why it's not working for you, has anyone else had this problem?

Reactions: chicho1958

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
No, you can also answer that question.
Are you trying to equip a slave or a mercenary?
Slaves get their armour from the armour shop, Mercenaries get their armour through their own equipment menu.
If you're actually trying to equip a merc that you recruited, it would explain why you can't make her wear that armour.

If you're not, then it's probably a bug.

You can send them to school and eventually they can become accountants. You can train them in combat and even take them out with you (duraplate is recommended--they have like 25 health) to fight against lower-tier adversaries.

Laika will be eighteen someday too....
I keep aging turned off so my 18 year old slaves stay 18.
... Which is a problem, because it means that my underage slave won't grow up.
lame.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
No, you can also answer that question.
Are you trying to equip a slave or a mercenary?
Slaves get their armour from the armour shop, Mercenaries get their armour through their own equipment menu.
If you're actually trying to equip a merc that you recruited, it would explain why you can't make her wear that armour.

If you're not, then it's probably a bug.

I keep aging turned off so my 18 year old slaves stay 18.
... Which is a problem, because it means that my underage slave won't grow up.
lame.
The NPCs still age even with the aging turned off. Also, Laika and Loden are not your slaves.

Reactions: khumak

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Feels like you have a bunch of disparate systems that could be unifed.

Like, Furry's tavern, Divine Juices and the Dockyard bar all have seperate gambling mechanics (FYI, whichever one it is that makes you actually play the game hold/raise/fold is my least favourite, I prefer to just make a skill-check and be done with it)

Second: Training people to fight is weirdly hard. You've got seperate mechanics for servants and slaves.
Like, to train slaves I need to train myself and then invite the slave over for a freebie.
To train a servant, however, I need to train them myself through a completely seperate menu.

And in both cases you get extremely minor gains, limited times per day, with a single character per action. And with the servant one you can't even choose if you train Ranged Combat (useful stat) or Melee Combat (worthless stat)

Frankly, I suggest you just implement a way to take your whole combat-squad (the group that would be with you if you got into a fight. All activated mercs and slaves) out to the range for a day and train all five characters at once. Preferably three or four times a day.

I mean, maybe it's my fault for trying to train up Akio and Enya instead of grabbing one of the more useful (male) mercs, but I'm not inviting dudes into my sexpad.
I just gotta get all of these bitches to the point where they can wield a coilgun and actually hit things with it.

Also, what critira does the Mad Preacher use to decide if you're strong enough to fight him or not? (Lost Girls quest)
I'm at 15/25 but i'm pretty sure I could take him, given that he's not wearing a shirt and all of his 'gladiatrixes' that he's so proud of are naked and unarmed at the moment.
Shooting him in the face wouldn't be too hard.

Alas, it looks like I need Michelle active for this part of the quest (right?) and she's dead weight.
She's taking up a slot that should be taken by Rebecca, who is one of my strongest.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Frankly, I suggest you just implement a way to take your whole combat-squad (the group that would be with you if you got into a fight. All activated mercs and slaves) out to the range for a day and train all five characters at once. Preferably three or four times a day.
That's what I do, but I 'train' through crits in combat. Every day my (current) team goes out, even if just to fight two Arena battles and do a bounty. Oftentimes however the Ceilor Forest Raiders have taken Stokke Hills (recurring enemy) and I get four or five more battles that day, another recurring one is the Freebooter in Watery Eyes. Also, go to Town Hall in the morning for the bounty and then get the location at Divine Juices in Watery Eyes so you can get back to Town Hall by 9 PM and ensure you can do a bounty the next day too.

Reactions: tsap

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
You bought your girls stealth armor (19k) and it doesn't show up on their armor tab?

I just bought some stealth armor and equipped it to test whether it worked in my game and it did. I don't know why it's not working for you, has anyone else had this problem?
this one it's for girls only they sell them in the district where the arena is, I do have the other stealth armor that anyone can wear but wanted get 4 girls on my team so they can distract me when fighting :rolleyes:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Also, what critira does the Mad Preacher use to decide if you're strong enough to fight him or not? (Lost Girls quest)
I'm at 15/25 but i'm pretty sure I could take him, given that he's not wearing a shirt and all of his 'gladiatrixes' that he's so proud of are naked and unarmed at the moment.
Shooting him in the face wouldn't be too hard.

Alas, it looks like I need Michelle active for this part of the quest (right?) and she's dead weight.
She's taking up a slot that should be taken by Rebecca, who is one of my strongest.
Not sure about the options for fighting him but you can beat him at gambling. You will probably have to save scum it unless your gambling skill is high or you're willing to try a bunch of times though.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
*cut* ... Alas, it looks like I need Michelle active for this part of the quest (right?) and she's dead weight.
Oh, throw a child in trash-bin because she isn't as strong as the next one? Michelle serves you well and faithfully enough after you "get the bitch to the point where she can wield a coilgun and actually hit things with it."
In my game Mich is a dead shot and competent charuk-killer. No complaints from me or my MC.

Reactions: GD-studios

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Ok. No fat-fetishism, just a moderate set of politically correct sizeism with some nice measure of 'super-powerism'. I got it, methinks.
You're reading to much into it. I'm just saying if there's a "weight" mechanic that's designed specifically to fluctuate, it should serve some purpose/functionality or just scrap it altogether then, with a suggestion of tweaks that could be made to make it a bit dynamic (I'm saying like 3 or so variants of the character screen with no need for sex scene renders, a normal, a fit/toned, and a fat/thicc/whatever.) More interested in being able to influence the kids development as gameplay goes on than anything.

Reactions: sdibolcrif and tsap

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
this one it's for girls only they sell them in the district where the arena is, I do have the other stealth armor that anyone can wear but wanted get 4 girls on my team so they can distract me when fighting :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of, I have a couple sets myself and swap them around when taking out girls with little training (and thus invariably 50 health) so they don't get shot at. I put them all on and then went to Imperial Arms and bought another just to be sure the bug wasn't in the buying part, but I was able to buy one and then equip it.

I don't know what's causing this problem, have you tried starting again and seeing if it reoccurs?

Reactions: chicho1958

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Oh, throw a child in trash-bin because she isn't as strong as the next one? Michelle serves you well and faithfully enough after you "get the bitch to the point where she can wield a coilgun and actually hit things with it."
In my game Mich is a dead shot and competent charuk-killer. No complaints from me or my MC.
Heh, in my game Michelle is my dancer at the Golden Dragon, and has a Ranged Combat of 70.

Reactions: tsap

LeLurker

Jul 30, 2017
At a certain point in both my playthroughs all combat encounters become ambushes. Why? xD been trying to level shit up avoid this but cant for the life of me figure out what needs to be done.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
At a certain point in both my playthroughs all combat encounters become ambushes. Why? xD been trying to level shit up avoid this but cant for the life of me figure out what needs to be done.
It's a rare bug caused by trying to scare (unsuccessfully) Dakota's kidnappers. Fixed in 0817 which I'll release next week.

For now, setting the $amb variable to false in the console or saveedit will remove the bug manually.

Reactions: LeLurker

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
where is the savegame location? Loading from disc doesn't work
If you're using the save slots, the game is saved in your browser cache. In other words, not somewhere you can actually access. The load from disk option is used to load files that are saved using the save to disk option. Saving to disk semi-often is recommended to avoid losing saves if you clear your browser cache or your browser does it automatically.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
How the heck to you play this as a dominant character? Charming slaves is suuuuper easy when building for it, but manipulating seems to be so much harder no matter my build. Clearly I'm doing something wrong.

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes