Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
How is your 'combat power' calculated for the Mad Preacher questline?
I could grind my gambling for hours... but I kinda just want to kill this asshole?

It says i'm at 13/25, but it doesn't tell me how it's calculating that.
Gear level? The combat-skills of my companions? Everyone has combat armour and coilguns, and almost everyone has a ranged attack stat of 90+
One thing I know is that everyone in your household with a ranged or melee combat score of 25 counts one.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
One thing I know is that everyone in your household with a ranged or melee combat score of 25 counts one.
Total household?
But why?

I'm standing two feet away from this dude holding a man-portable plasma weapon. He shouldn't be assessing the strength of my household, he should be assessing my ability to vaporize him and his retinue before he can put pants on.

Relatedly, I know how to modify my own stats with console commands ( SugarCube.State.active.variables.master-) but how do you target slaves/mercs with that? Their names don't seem to be working and if i'm going to have to start a new save when the capture update comes out, i'm going to want to cheat a bunch.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Total household?
But why?

I'm standing two feet away from this dude holding a man-portable plasma weapon. He shouldn't be assessing the strength of my household, he should be assessing my ability to vaporize him and his retinue before he can put pants on.
It could be he's concerned that even if he does win you might have enough thugs and slaves in your household to avenge you.

My endgame characters can shake off a couple plasma blasts.

Relatedly, I know how to modify my own stats with console commands ( SugarCube.State.active.variables.master-) but how do you target slaves/mercs with that? Their names don't seem to be working and if i'm going to have to start a new save when the capture update comes out, i'm going to want to cheat a bunch.
I've never actually done that so I'm not the one to ask, the Discord might be the place to ask about that if no one answers you here.

There's no reason to think you'll have to start a new game when the new update goes public.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Total household?
But why?
I'm not sure whether the Preacher quest uses household power or if combat power means something else.

So, the variables aren't straightforward. Slaves use an $av_# variable, and mercs/issids use $is_# (for example, is_3 is loren) see my post below for more details

All of the mercs/issids have their stats saved in an array tied to the "$is_" variable. "is_3" is Loren, for example. Here's a screenshot of Grim's explanation of each number in the array.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
\Probably not while naked tho.
Actually, yes. With all the implants your health is 200 at least, that's roughly two first-shots by Ayden.

At any rate Hargan makes a good point, I naturally assumed that was your household
power rating being considered, that might not be the case. I've never seen that screen because I let Michelle take care of that problem, she's a slavegirl and a slut, that's what she's for.

I killed a bunch of potentially capturable slaves. I'm going to restart.
Ah, I get it.

Mahroni

Aug 22, 2020
How is your 'combat power' calculated for the Mad Preacher questline?
I could grind my gambling for hours... but I kinda just want to kill this asshole?

It says I'm at 13/25, but it doesn't tell me how it's calculating that.
Gear level? The combat skills of my companions? Everyone has combat armor and coilguns, and almost everyone has a ranged attack stat of 90+
This, I need to know what determines the power calculation. At first, I thought it was about influence but after having over 10000+ influence, it still stuck at 17/25. I don't want to share my waifu. Also, my character is a total noob at gambling so savescumming is futile.

Last edited:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Understandable! F95 works fine too of course.

Yeah. Check back around 2026 or something when the game has (hopefully) reached version 1.0. - even if the next couple of updates have a lot of new stuff coming.

Cool, good to hear.

So taking you at face value, here are some of my thoughts about cleaning up the overabundance of slave traits.

Some of them are on the 0-100 scale, while others use a split gradient where the neutral value is 50. I think there are a few that could be simplified and combined, so that you had way fewer stats to worry about.

An example right off the bat, Frigid and Nymphomaniac. This is the easiest one to call, as they're opposite ends of the same spectrum. Get rid of both, and replace it with one of the gradient scores and call it Libido. Make <26 trigger the effects of Frigid, and make >74 trigger the effects of Nymphomaniac.

What about Oral Fixation? Why does this exist separate from the sexual skills? A few of these Traits really read like they shouldn't be gauged on a 0-100 scale. They seem more like the Perks from Fallout, unique abilities separate from the SPECIAL attributes or the proficiency levels of the various skills. Stuff like Oral Fixation, Daddy Issues, and Size Queen seem more like particular kinks, there for roleplaying flavor, and a lot of them cannot even currently be modified. I think putting them, and potentially other behaviors that represent particular kink-like behaviors or personality traits that can be expressed as a binary (either on or off), into their own category (e.g. Perks) would make a lot of sense. It would help distinguish them as a core part of a slave's personality, and not something that could easily be changed in and of themselves.

Now you actually had the right idea for having a system to negate or neuter these particular personality traits, and it is demonstrated in some of the traits like Feminist. Reaching a certain Affection or Corruption level should allow you to potentially bypass the negative effects of various traits. So for example Daddy Issues you could have the -20 to Charm/Persuasion rolls be negated once you reach a certain Affection level, representing the slave's love for you in particular overcoming her natural aversion to a more immature MC. So it's not a 0-100 skill, it's just always there, but you can bypass it by working around it rather then through it.

These are the Traits that I think would work better combined into a gradient scale, with a neutral middle ground. Also, not every trait would need to trigger the upper or lower effects at the same amount. Like, maybe being ashamed is harder to kick then being a Vanilla fan, so Ashamed kicks in at 30, while Vanilla kicked in at 20. Just some thoughts.

Frigid & Nymphomaniac -> Libido (Frigid > Healthy > Nympho) : Increased through orgasms, with more and different ones being better. Perhaps have it lowered by ignoring a girl who's reached Nympho, and letting their happiness fall too low. Perhaps once back to healthy, could be lowered into Frigid by further abstinence combined with Fear and/or Pain through punishment.

Vanilla & Perverted -> Perversion/Corruption (Vanilla/Chaste > Kinky > Debauched) : Similar to above, but with Corruption. Hell, this could make a separate Corruption score quite superfluous. Bonus points the kinkier the sex is.

Shamefast -> Exhibitionism (Ashamed > Average > Exhibitionist) : Just how comfortable they are with showing the goods to you, and to the public at large. Increase by getting them naked and keeping them that way. Possibly decreased through some sort of dialogue option or just having them in more conservative clothing more often. Maybe different outfits would have a passive effect on this over time, with casual outfits lowering, dresses being neutral, and stuff like bikinis raising it up to a point, with true exhibitionism requiring the training gear or being naked for extended periods.

Dominant & Submissive -> Submission (Dominant/Defiance > Average > Submissive) : Unless you plan on implementing a Switch option that would enable girls to be both Dominant and Submissive and you started making Femdom content, I don't see a reason why this shouldn't be combined into a singular scale. Another idea is that this could replace the Defiance attribute, with a low score on the scale representing a slave's resistance to your authority. I get that would require more work, and there is an argument to the utility of enabling/measure Defiance outside of Dominance/Submission. Conversely you could make it so that current Defiance gains result in much larger changes on the scale, not only because 50 would be the new baseline, but even doubling the current ones would result in effective quadrupling the relative change/loss in Submission.

Workaholic -> Work Ethic/Workmanship/Discipline (Sloppy > Average > Diligent) : Regardless of how skilled someone might be at something, not everyone shows all their work or does so without cutting corners. Then again, this could also make Discipline superfluous, or perhaps could even replace it. Making it a gradient scale and granting bonuses for very disciplined girls, and maluses for undisciplined ones. Potentially increased though dialogue/praise when at high Affection, or admonishment when at low Affection or high Fear. Lowered by being unassigned a task/job, or punishing without cause?

Jaded -> Outlook (Pessimist > Realist > Optimist) : The slaves general outlook on life. Increase it towards Optimist by completing personal quests, requests, and generally treating your slaves with affection and respect. Lower it by doing the opposite of that, making them more insular and jaded as a result.

Religion -> Faith (Atheist > Agnostic > Faithfull) : Unless you had other plans for religion, it's another thing that could be represented by a gradient scale. Not even sure if you'd want to actually allow it to be a scale that can be effected by the player. But it would allow differentiation between slaves that are really into their particular faith, and those that are decidedly less so.

Shy & Extroverted -> Sociability (Introvert > Sociable > Extrovert) : Honestly, this could potentially make Advocate superfluous, as the side effect being being a gregarious extrovert would be their outsized effect on others. Probably increase slowly through public group activities. Possibly decreased through a player dialogue option combined with low Willpower (repeatedly emphasizing that slaves should be 'seen and not heard' and reinforcing that through submission/corruption)? Likewise, it is a neutral trait, with being a Extrovert being potentially harmful or beneficial depending on the slave's outlook and how you want to them effect the other slaves. Do you want them steering their peers towards being a sisterhood of strong willed Amazons, or a pile of cock-hungry sluts?

Traits that I think would work more as stand alone Perk/Feat-like abilities that could possibly be negated or altered when reaching certain Affection/Corruption scores, or even other progression markers (e.g. certain levels of sexual skills).

Advocate/Feminist: Their natural inclination to share their opinions, with the opinion being shared changing with their temperament. Probably not distinct enough to have 2 separate traits for what amount to the same thing, that they're going to have an outsized passive effect on the rest of your slaves. Might not be needed at all depending on bonuses/maluses of the above proposed Sociability scale.

Brawler/Warriorress: Are they different enough to justify 2 different traits? Or should they be condensed into one more generalized 'she's an Amazonian badass' trait that your combat-oriented slaves would gain value from.

Daddy Issues: Keep as is, but perhaps negate the age malus with enough Affection.

Delicate: Keep as is, but perhaps negate the size malus with high enough sex skills or Corruption. Alternately, a high enough Masochisms score, is you ever decided to put Sadism/Masochism in as a gradient scale and did Femdom content.

Materialistic: Keep as is, nice flavor trait.

Nerd: Keep as is, nice flavor trait.

Oral Fixation: Keep as is, nice flavor trait.

Perfectionist: A side-grade to the old Workaholic, with a kill switch that ends the bonuses if Workmanship/Discipline falls below Diligent.

Size Queen: Same as before, but negate the size malus with enough Affection or Corruption.

Starlet: Keep as is, nice flavor trait.

Sweet-Tooth: Keep, but maybe remove the overeating malus? Or have some way to negate it with enough Discipline.

Techie: Keep as is, nice flavor trait.

Wildborn: Keep as is, nice flavor trait.

That being said, there are other duplicates across stat type, not just within the same category. Why have a separate Kindness when you already have Pure/Malevolent on a gradient scale? That's a few too many cooks in the kitchen, and should probably be simplified into a singular measurement of a slave's morality/ethics. Unless you want to get real elaborate with a cross-scale setup (the classic Good/Evil & Law/Chaos of D&D, or the 4-axis Myers-Brigg personality matrix), a simple good/bad scale with bonuses/maluses once you reach far enough either way will probably work well enough.

Do slaves really need separate Acrobatics, Dancing, and Performance stats? Couldn't you combine all of the together and just have a singular Performance stat? Cause both the Acrobatics and Dancing are done in the context of performing for others. Why have 3 different stats to do largely the same thing, especially when they only really matter for one of the current job assignments?

Why have Gardening separate from Domestic? Unless you plan on later expansions with would allow for the simulation of an actual share-cropper/plantation setup, it seems like a really niche stat. Now on a farm, expand that out to something more broad like Horticulture (alongside perhaps Animal Husbandry) as one of the primary stats for a farm worker slave, and sure, that makes sense. But for now? It's another 0-100 stat that seems like it isn't worth the effort, especially since you cannot homeschool any improvement for it.

Is there any reason for Academic and Science to be separate skills? Especially when, again, they both only matter in the context of effectively the same job at the same location?

Does Survival even do anything? How is it beneficial? How do you increase it? It has all of a single line of description on the wiki. "The survival skill determines a slave's ability to handle herself in the wilderness, including building camps, gathering edible materials, fishing, and tracking wild animals." Either it needs to do more so as to be worth more than a single toss away description line, or you should seriously consider culling it. Otherwise it's a stat for the sake of having a stat, and that just adds to the general clutter of the stats.

Coming from a background in D&D, how come accuracy in combat is governed by separate skills? Not that you can't do that, my beloved classic Fallout games did the same (Small Arms/Heavy Weapons/Energy/Melee/Unarmed/Thrown), but even they were effected by your base Attributes. If Dexterity is really only useful during a few conversation checks to do stuff like like hide, does it need to be on a 0-100 scale? Could it not replace the Ranged Combat skill, leaving you with one less thing you need to worry about grinding? Or perhaps put it on a 0-50-100 scale using (Clumsy > Average > Gymnast/Ninja), so that you can probably start somewhat closer to the middle and need less effort to reach the top? Could you do anything to make any of the stats increase Critical Hit Chance, or Critical Hit Damage (if anything, that should be how Intelligence contributes to combat, using knowledge to exploit weaknesses)?

Why not have a separate Constitution/Physique/Endurance stat that both Health and Stamina are derived from? This would make it so that you just couldn't cheese the current combat system with a scientist that can take just as much damage as a hulking melee brawler. Plus it would be nice to be able to increase your HP pool without needing to buy costly implants. This is something that could, again, be on a 0-50-100 scale, and picking certain big-brain academic options during character creation could be offset with a lower starting score. Now instead of Stamina 40 being a 'typical Ikaanos individual', you could have a frail MC with a starting Constitution/Physique/Endurance in the 20~30-ish range, denoting a life lived perhaps in luxury or seclusion and without the hardships of manual labor or combat.

Plus, on a meta level, just having more stats start with 50 as a baseline instantly cuts your grinding in half. As someone who thought that grinding stat progression was one of the game's largest weaknesses, I'm largely in favor of a move towards reducing said grind. Now I don't know how you are handling the underlying math in the background, but if you don't want to speed up progression like that, then you could potentially go with a -100 to 100 scale. Which would probably annoy me personally, unless you added in a difficulty/usability option for a game-wide stat gain multiplier like I mentioned before. But I think that being able to express a value as both harmful and beneficial along the same scale makes for more interesting and meaningful representation of what those numbers mean in practice. Of course, speeding up the grind a bit is a nice bonus.

Alright, that's enough theory crafting for one afternoon. I'm going to take a break and go play a terrible shooter, because I have a love/hate relationship with the dumpster fire that is Insurgency: Sandstorm.

Mahroni

Aug 22, 2020
Also i want to mention that u can sell gold bar (150 each)at dedicated shop (tailor guy) and at market for 190each. Shouldn't this tailor pay more than market price? He's also asking me to sell gold bars for better prices but paying less. I already completed his quest.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
When applying the console to your slaves just use the av for the active slot (switch for the one on right side0. For the remaining ones avAp, avAp2, avAp3...avAp6 will be the remaining 6 spots so you don't have to move them to the active spots (the two visible ones). Hope that helps.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Also i want to mention that u can sell gold bar (150 each)at dedicated shop (tailor guy) and at market for 190each. Shouldn't this tailor pay more than market price? He's also asking me to sell gold bars for better prices but paying less. I already completed his quest.
I thought this was kind of a joke. While Nickolai is a pretty decent guy, he is a cheap bastard.

I do sell him some gold sometimes though, to make piercings for my slavegirls. There seems to me to be something more appropriate about melting down gold I plundered or 'mined' to decorate my girls.

Nom72

Jan 1, 2020
Just out of curiosity, is she tied up, on her knees begging for it...or both? The really entertaining aspect of this recent extended conversation is that while EK may be framing his input in a way that some of you find to be disrespectful or upsetting the developer is the exact opposite. Instead of saying "Fuck you if you don't like my game" or "Thanks for playing, bye" he's inviting EK to come on Discord and participate more. Empty praise and rabid attacks on anyone who has a different opinion of the game aren't going to help Grimdark improve it. I'm not suggesting everyone rush to pile on and chime in with anything they dislike but for someone who took the time to do an in depth evaluation of the game's current state you maybe should take that at face value and see if there's something you can contribute to the discussion. There's a difference between complaining and critiquing even when the tone seems similar.

Volkmardon

Jun 20, 2023
Never trust that Nikas guy!!

Zibodar

Dec 21, 2017
I just wrote a list of things to do in the game to help people in the game and it just got deleted because it was off topic wtf

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Cool, good to hear.

So taking you at face value, here are some of my thoughts about cleaning up the overabundance of slave traits.

Some of them are on the 0-100 scale, while others use a split gradient where the neutral value is 50. I think there are a few that could be simplified and combined, so that you had way fewer stats to worry about.
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and something just occurred to me that might make some of your analysis moot: this sort of eliminating and combining stats is the sort of thing that tends to break saves when implemented and GD has stated he wants to avoid that.

That being said I do see some good ideas for tweaking a little, I would like to see some sort of 'exhibitionist' trait or stat and some way of doing something about the 'Shy' trait. It just so happens that lately pretty much all of my Starlets are also getting the 'Shy' trait which makes Starlet useless in the current game. I also think there's something to be said for having core binary traits that cannot be easily changed, which is what 'Shy' currently amounts to, I just don't like it being that one in particular as I think shyness is indeed something that can be more easily overcome.

I do like how you can currently 'stack' some traits, thus I'd rather he kept both Brawler and Warrioress, even when it works against you sometimes with Feminist and Advocate. They are all subtly different and offer a more nuanced and diverse take on a slavegirls personality and effectiveness.

Some skills are in place for future expansion I believe. While there's currently only limited use for Dancing, Performance and Acrobatics (Golden Dragon and selling to Dockside Tavern) I think GD has more planned that will utilize those stats.

I like the differentiation between Gardening and Domestic, the former can be 'trained' by having her do it at the house and/or at the Academy, and has a notable impact outside the perks and Influence a high Domestic skill provides.

Science skill is also used in hacking the vault doors and when using the machines to break down merchandise. If he progresses as I suspect he will it may well come into more use when slaves can help you with your burgeoning pile of plundered merchandise.

Survival skill is used for determining your effectiveness Hunting and Fishing. I've not done that in a while but I recall having Juno around was beneficial to that and she (and others) would gain Survival score when accompanying the MC.

Dexterity when high enough allows you to start in the advanced position and also helps determine your ability to dodge melee blows. Strength significantly improves damage done. Base attributes do affect combat skills currently, but perhaps could do more like increase your chances of improving the skill when training.

I appreciate all the time and work your put into your analysis!

Reactions: Andrew Rider

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
How does hacking/computer level work?
I've got the hacking device and managed to hack one door previously, but now i'm at The Old Gate, and it requires a computer level of 3, but I only have 2.

I have the handheld hacking computer thing, i've upgraded my tech-room, my science level is 100+
... but none of that seems to directly translate into 'hacking skill'

What is hacking skill, and how do you get it?

Edit: NVM. I didn't realize that I was supposed to click on the thing. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey
4.50 star(s) 115 Votes