khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Early non-violent, Grimdark dying world, start typically looks like this:

First two weeks
Hunting twice per day: ~80 food
Sell the food for $10-20 each =~$1200 per day.
Train stamina every evening after hunting.
Put Kyle as gardener and build small garden + 3 big gardens for additional 59 food per day and a total investment of ~15k.
You now have a daily income of ~$2k and ~50 stamina.

Next three weeks
Buy May-Lynn if you have access to Crystal Heights.
Keep training stamina.
You now have a daily income of ~$3k and ~90 stamina.

Next few weeks - get rich
Buy a workshop for $35k + 2 x $10k upgrades, for a total of $55k and staff with whatever lazy dimwit numbnuts you can find and put Doyle as foreman, and let them produce rifles to be sold at Hamah bay.
Start training strength or melee.
You now have a passive income of around $5k from gardens and workshop.

Re-invest the income towards further workshop upgrades.
Even with lazy idiot slave labor you will produce a passive income above $10k.
You can optionally improve the workforce to significantly increase that income.

At this point you are strong enough to give Lovisa a fair fight and you can pretty much focus on anything you want, such as for example picking up Ayden, Einar and some other mercenaries to start ruling the outside world.
Had no idea the food economy could be that lucrative. Interesting. Might have to give that a try. Early game it's nice to have low salaries if it doesn't reduce your income. I suspect it won't work as well for my play style though since I like to pick up all of the unique slaves as early as possible, and slaves have this nasty habit of insisting on eating every day... I definitely notice the food cost when I have auto buy turned on for 80 people at $10-20 per ration. I really should build gardens early on instead of just leaving those slots empty til I'm ready to build whatever I want in that slot for the end game. I can always pave over that garden later and put a dojo/stables/workshop/etc on it later.

• Haha
Reactions: Fauno36

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Had no idea the food economy could be that lucrative. Interesting. Might have to give that a try. Early game it's nice to have low salaries if it doesn't reduce your income. I suspect it won't work as well for my play style though since I like to pick up all of the unique slaves as early as possible, and slaves have this nasty habit of insisting on eating every day... I definitely notice the food cost when I have auto buy turned on for 80 people at $10-20 per ration. I really should build gardens early on instead of just leaving those slots empty til I'm ready to build whatever I want in that slot for the end game. I can always pave over that garden later and put a dojo/stables/workshop/etc on it later.
I think that the garden profitability is typically not very noticable because the output from the first garden is generally eaten by the household members. So, it intuitively goes into, meh, just decrease the daily cost, doesn't really matter. But once you add more and all additional rations goes to profit it becomes very noticable.

Still not nearly as profitable as processing the entire planet through slave markets, but for non-violent start it makes a big difference. And even for warlords it could still be a nice little side-income, since it is passive (and you can use it to farm influence at the orphanage).

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The problem with starting very low on Acemical and science skill, with the plan to use Furrys educational system, is that it takes about a year of socializing before you reach those max values.

And in the meantime you can't do academy courses, which prevents you from getting slaves / quests from the academy.

Or you have to accept that you will not get maxed out academic and science skill.
I actually find it more reliable to boost academics and science at the palace bar/restaurant. It's more expensive but seems to have a better chance and can boost both to 80 I believe. But that does mean avoiding classes/books for an extended period of time which also means no Master Tactician for an extended period of time, as well as no hacking. Brainy shortens the timeline for gaining skills of every type via books/classes so I need a VERY compelling reason not to take that even in a Rise play through.

Intelligence I find to be more of an issue. It's harder to grind up to 90+ without extensive use of F5 so I prefer to just start there unless it's a Rise start. Otherwise the only reasonable chance I've found for raising intelligence is to have dozens of extravagant marriages followed by the obligatory divorces for millions of dollars.

Willpower is easy, just turn morning blowjobs on.

Personally, I prefer to grind all of my stats/skills up to whatever cap exists prior to using any relevant books/classes so that extends the timeline further than strictly necessary for most things, but I just prefer to have the option for all of my stats to reach at least 120+. Some of them can't do that if you read books/take classes immediately unless you start with high stats already.

Medical I used to consider low priority since it was pretty easy to grind that out via stabilize/doctor's kits but if you're playing ironman that can be problematic since simetimes they'll just die outright. That means rounding up a bunch of scrubs I don't care about to run through the meat grinder just so I can gain medical skill. So unless I'm doing a Rise start I always take a couple levels of the Doctor skill class now. That doesn't get me to 90 but I can at least start with 60+ so truely capping medical doesn't require me to be a sadistic fuck.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I actually find it more reliable to boost academics and science at the palace bar/restaurant. It's more expensive but seems to have a better chance and can boost both to 80 I believe. But that does mean avoiding classes/books for an extended period of time which also means no Master Tactician for an extended period of time, as well as no hacking. Brainy shortens the timeline for gaining skills of every type via books/classes so I need a VERY compelling reason not to take that even in a Rise play through.

Intelligence I find to be more of an issue. It's harder to grind up to 90+ without extensive use of F5 so I prefer to just start there unless it's a Rise start. Otherwise the only reasonable chance I've found for raising intelligence is to have dozens of extravagant marriages followed by the obligatory divorces for millions of dollars.

Willpower is easy, just turn morning blowjobs on.

Personally, I prefer to grind all of my stats/skills up to whatever cap exists prior to using any relevant books/classes so that extends the timeline further than strictly necessary for most things, but I just prefer to have the option for all of my stats to reach at least 120+. Some of them can't do that if you read books/take classes immediately unless you start with high stats already.
I've just reached the point where I didn't put any background at all on my player and then just directly add points to the skills I want maxed out. That way I get all the good non-combat traits and two maxed out skills + a third maxed out skill, if I skip teen subduer and techie.

Result:
1715273127192.png

I'm not sure at all, that maxing out Copulation is a good tradeoff, but I belive it stacks on top of other stats when requesting sex and I believe it also adds chance for the girl to gain nymphomanic points during sex... So, it seems like a nice perk to have from day 1, and I couldn't really think of anywhere else to put the points (except then for teen subduer and techie).

Other option is to only max out Intelligence, skip teen subduer techie and disciplined, to get Manhunter, Deadly strike and tough, based on an Adept Soldier. After thinking about it for a few more seconds I have now decided that this will be my next game.

Last edited:

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
I've just reached the point where I didn't put any background at all on my player and then just directly add points to the skills I want maxed out. That way I get all the good non-combat traits and two maxed out skills + a third maxed out skill, if I skip teen subduer and techie.

Result:
View attachment 3618649

I'm not sure at all, that maxing out Copulation is a good tradeoff, but I belive it stacks on top of other stats when requesting sex and I believe it also adds chance for the girl to gain nymphomanic points during sex... So, it seems like a nice perk to have from day 1, and I couldn't really think of anywhere else to put the points (except then for teen subduer and techie).
Stamina at 25 will make it very difficult for you at the beginning.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Result:
View attachment 3618649

For a Rise start the traits are really the only thing I care about. My stats are going to suck no matter what so I'm in for a lot of grinding anyway. I can get all of the good traits except Deadly Strike/Critical Strike while only taking Unlucky and Debt for negative traits, but that requires taking zero skill classes. So initially I'm bad at literally everything, but with the traits to become almost as good as an enhanced build at everything eventually. I can't get Deadly Strike but I already have everything else.

traits.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Stamina at 25 will make it very difficult for you at the beginning.
I find that it doesn't really matter if I have 25 or 50 stamina points when starting the game. Training stamina consumes whatever I have left when I start training regardless. So, it is just a matter of how many days I need to train stamina. And wildborn, with Kyle and Loreen makes hunting rarely fail. So the ~11 stamina you have in the morning + 5 if you go look at the view above Imogens Barrow, is enough to have an average of 2 successful hunts per day.

If you keep training stamina and switch to Christianity on day 1, and meditate until you pass out, during the nights, you will go from stamina starved to more stamina than you need within a few weeks, and a few weeks after that you typically don't have to think about stamina other than if you spend all days crafting.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I find that it doesn't really matter if I have 25 or 50 stamina points when starting the game. Training stamina consumes whatever I have left when I start training regardless. So, it is just a matter of how many days I need to train stamina. And wildborn, with Kyle and Loreen makes hunting rarely fail. So the ~11 stamina you have in the morning + 5 if you go look at the view above Imogens Barrow, is enough to have an average of 2 successful hunts per day.

If you keep training stamina and switch to Christianity on day 1, and meditate until you pass out, during the nights, you will go from stamina starved to more stamina than you need within a few weeks, and a few weeks after that you typically don't have to think about stamina other than if you spend all days crafting.
Yeah I agree. The first thing I'm going to do in most games is train stamina anyway. Starting with 25 just means I'm going to do that for longer before I do anything else. It IS a big inconvenience on day 1 but it's worth it if it means you can take a trait that you otherwise couldn't.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
are there cheats for money and stats? I really hate grinding
Remember this is a true sandbox, and there is no way to "win".
There are ways to lose ("Game Over"), so there are wrong ways to play, but there's no "right" way to play.
If you don't want to grind up your stats, then don't. If you decide what is most important FOR YOU to do during the game you can build a character that can do just about anything pretty well on Day 1.
Short of the $25/month tier you can't build a character that can do everything in the game... but you don't have to do everything in the game. You don't need a sprawling empire of investments and vassels. You don't need dozens of slaves. You don't need to do every quest - or even any quest!
I think this freedom is one of the strongest features of the game.
Play it how you enjoy playing.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
For a Rise start the traits are really the only thing I care about. My stats are going to suck no matter what so I'm in for a lot of grinding anyway. I can get all of the good traits except Deadly Strike/Critical Strike while only taking Unlucky and Debt for negative traits, but that requires taking zero skill classes. So initially I'm bad at literally everything, but with the traits to be come almost as good as an enhanced build at everything eventually. I can't get Deadly Strike but I already have everything else.

View attachment 3618732
How do you improve the intelligence? 150 ensys sessions to get 30 points? Something else?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
How do you improve the intelligence? 150 ensys sessions to get 30 points? Something else?
There aren't any good options that I know of. All of them are low percentage. The only option I know of with a double digit chance is an extravagant marriage. Which means lots of marriages. Which means you have to be rich first. Poker can raise it to 90 but pretty much requires F5. Ensys can raise it but I'm not clear on the chance or how repeatable that is. If you start with less than 40 I think you can just go to sleep and have a high chance to get free points to raise it to 40 but if you started with Brainy you already have at least 50.

I think for a Rise start where I wanted to eventually get Master Tactician I would tally up how many points you can get from books and classes, subtract that from 90 and grind to there, then take classes/read books to put me at exactly 90. I don't know offhand how many points you can get from books and classes. I think books can give about 15. Classes probably somewhere close to another 15. So need to grind to probably somewhere around 60 before doing any of those. If you have Brainy that's only about 10 points.

All other stats and skills that you actually need are MUCH easier to raise.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
There aren't any good options that I know of. All of them are low percentage. The only option I know of with a double digit chance is an extravagant marriage. Which means lots of marriages. Which means you have to be rich first. Poker can raise it to 90 but pretty much requires F5. Ensys can raise it but I'm not clear on the chance or how repeatable that is. If you start with less than 40 I think you can just go to sleep and have a high chance to get free points to raise it to 40 but if you started with Brainy you already have at least 50.

I think for a Rise start where I wanted to eventually get Master Tactician I would tally up how many points you can get from books and classes, subtract that from 90 and grind to there, then take classes/read books to put me at exactly 90. I don't know offhand how many points you can get from books and classes. I think books can give about 15. Classes probably somewhere close to another 15. So need to grind to probably somewhere around 60 before doing any of those. If you have Brainy that's only about 10 points.

All other stats and skills that you actually need are MUCH easier to raise.
After a little searching in the html for "masterint+=1", I suspect that the best option is to marry stormchild and then repeatedly go to the cafe with her. Not sure about the probability, but it looks like it could be 25%, but possibly inside another event making the probability much smaller. But the good part is that it looks repeatable and capped only by the wifes intelligence.

To get intelligence from wedding seems to require a $25k wedding for 20% chance... So 50 x $25k for 10 points.

For any normal start, I think I will simpy keep 90 Intelligence as a mandatory "trait" :)

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes