GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
OK. I'm trying to discipline a surly Juno and just about every roll is > 100. Where am I getting the penalties? I'm well scrubbed, got laid reasonable recently (Juno's recent blowjob strike is the reason for the whipping) but I'm still getting penalties that mean I'm never going to do the flagellation thing right.

What am I missing?
There can be a wide variety of reasons. Failed or not, the lash will lower her Defiance in either case (especially if you "Thrash" her).

Factors affecting the Success chance here are:

- Her Affection toward you (must be neutral or higher to not give severe penalties).
- Her Corruption (must be above 15 to not give penalties).
- Pure, Vanilla and Feminist traits also give severe penalties.
- Pussy and anal wear.
- Her Willpower (must be 0 or lower to not give penalties, severe negative modifications if Willpower is above 39).
- Her current Arousal (above 1 provides great buffs, -1 or lower severe penalties).

And most importantly, your Bondage and Whipping skill.

Reactions: Sick&Alone

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
And most importantly, your Bondage and Whipping skill.
Yeah, but I'd expect that to make things more difficult rather than impossible. I do have quite low skills, but that's because I've been trying to grow my INT a bit before I dive into all those books.

That said, affection and corruption are probably sufficient to explain the penalties.

I don't suppose you've got a mechanism like a natural 01 roll always succeeds? It would be nice to think I had some chance of learning by doing, especially given the amount of practice Juno's been giving me of late.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I don't suppose you've got a mechanism like a natural 01 roll always succeeds? It would be nice to think I had some chance of learning by doing, especially given the amount of practice Juno's been giving me of late.
There is in fact! A 2% chance of hitting a crit roll (goes for most sexual interactions).

A crit roll will not remove the rolled number from the base chance calculation, instead applying a +60-100 modification.

Raise her Corruption and try starting the whipping session with at least a couple of Arousal points and you'll probably notice a difference.

Reactions: Sick&Alone

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah, but I'd expect that to make things more difficult rather than impossible. I do have quite low skills, but that's because I've been trying to grow my INT a bit before I dive into all those books.
I'm trying to do the same thing, but have had no success so far. What's your plan for getting INT? As far as I know the only way to get it is random points from playing games, including pen and paper RNG which I've yet to figure out how to trigger. There's also only a few available.

Do you have any better ideas?

Ghorloz

Dec 1, 2022
Is there a way to make a follower start in the "charge" stance? so he can hit directly with his melee weapon? I thought i might unlock at 90 or 100 melee but that doesnt seem to be the case. Otherwise guns would be always superior for their "first strike" ability.

Reactions: tsap

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Is there a way to make a follower start in the "charge" stance? so he can hit directly with his melee weapon? I thought i might unlock at 90 or 100 melee but that doesnt seem to be the case. Otherwise guns would be always superior for their "first strike" ability.
Yeah, that'll be possible after the combat upgrade in 0.8.3.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Not yet, but there's a combat revamp coming soon where lots of things will likely change, including that.

Guns probably ought to be superior, but melee has its uses. Once you get Durasteel don't fire guns at anyone using anything less lethal than a rifle, and that includes shotguns as they can seldom penetrate Durasteel. Mop them up with melee weapons, starting with swords and eventually those cool powered katanas. They do plenty of damage and what do you care if you lose a turn charging to engage if their crossbows, knives, swords, pistols and shotguns are ineffectual?

Slice 'em and dice 'em.

Last edited:

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
There is in fact! A 2% chance of hitting a crit roll (goes for most sexual interactions).

A crit roll will not remove the rolled number from the base chance calculation, instead applying a +60-100 modification.

Raise her Corruption and try starting the whipping session with at least a couple of Arousal points and you'll probably notice a difference.
Thanks! didn't know that---RE, discipline them when horny.... :cool:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Thanks! didn't know that---RE, discipline them when horny.... :cool:
Yes, but my problem with Olivia during my aborted attempt to whip that Arrogant little slut was she started with -8 arousal and I couldn't even 'Stimulate' her pussy or ass to gain arousal, and I did worse with the dildos. I eventually just let her go and decided to ignore her Defiance until it melted away with time.

glewci97

Sep 16, 2017
I have 3 slaves but I can only interact with the first two which are main slaves. How do i interact with the other(s)?

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
you need to switch out one of the active slaves, only 2 can be acted with at all times, but you want lose her if she goes into the 'reserve'

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
1. I've not bothered with classes or books yet. I might have to eventually to get the 35 science needed to smelt steel and such. I'm not really looking forward to getting the minimum for all my classes and books.

2. I did very little hunting. I cleared the board but left the Walkers, Cult Monks and Headkiller's Crew unscathed. I also let the Pai's live and one bounty who emptied his pockets and who I would have had to kill in front of his wife and children. I may be a little grim, but I'm not that dark! I made my money off the Arena every day and all the bounties I could.

3. Whichever one we were on the day I talked to you about it before, I think there's been maybe one update since.

4. Most were essentially executions, five of us and one or two enemies who seldom got more than one shot off, if that. As for how I got there, I cleared the board and kept it clear and bounties now give steady influence too.

5. I upgraded the home completely, as soon as I could, starting with the bedroom as stamina is so tight in the beginning. The bathroom is next, then the living room. I then get the garden started and get the kitchen and tech stuff.

6. I did no crafting. I think the only thing this idiot can make is a combat knife, and I took so many of those off the dead I didn't need to make any for Ansel's quest.

7. I built up respect to the soft cap (20) with all of them and I got started building Charm as soon as I could. Juno was fairly receptive, but I did fail a fair amount with her but kept plugging at it. I then started fondling her frequently (Caress during seduction) which raised my Charm slowly but surely. The others I tried from time to time, but if I didn't have at least a 25% chance I didn't bother with them until I did. You should fail often with a 50 Charm, and often enough with 60, I don't see why that would come as a surprise.

Rebecca still has plenty of WP, but it's been falling as I fuck her brains out more frequently.

I left them alone until I could seduce them, for the most part. Olivia earned herself a Punishment (she was at Arrogant for a while) and I tried to give her a whipping and that went...poorly...so I let her go before I dug myself into a hole I couldn't get out of. There was no non-con action.

8. If you rely on Rebecca like I do it's good to get her Respect as high as possible. At game day 136 Rebecca's Respect is at 47.

I've not been able to keep them all at Undying/Ecstatic like I usually do, but currently Rebecca and Michelle are Undying, Juno's at Soulmate and Olivia is at Loving. I have discovered there's a new happiness level called 'Godly' and right now they're all at 'Ecstatic.'
Books---Not even the BDSM (Ropes/Flag) ones? Isn't it nearly impossible to raise corruption w/o them?
I usually try to do at least some books early, but putting them off (as you've shown) has an advantage too. [can use those T points 4 Books/Train--but not BOTH]
Speaking of books, did you Train (Educate) your slaves? [I assume not;] Skill lvl, Intel, # books owned, all factor into success there. [vital 4 dancing/academy/good sale $, etc. Basically, anything except fighting & the most basic jobs.

"..... I made my money off the Arena every day and all the bounties I could."----So, basically in ways that even 2 versions ago (lol) would've been much more difficult or impossible. (see other post---combat changes)
(Arena Req 1500 Infl, & "Ashes" starts @ 100, so even that would take a while)
PS If you kill/murder somebody, they're DEAD whether it's in front of their wife or not. [Is there no option to bring Bounties back *ALIVE?* In old West (USA----IRL!) the *BEST* US Marshals brought back over 1,000+ wanted criminals, [some over 2k+!] & *MOST*----over 90%----were brought back ALIVE. (some w a "posse", some alone; but most eventually gave up---very few people IRL *REALLY* want 2 die!)
======================================================================
DEV:
IF/W Bounties becoming more common, *PLEASE* (for the sake of those of us who value human life!) give us the option to bring them back ALIVE.
=======================================================================

Versions: (lol! again the details!) Newest is 812; Most of my recent runs (&XP) were on 810/811/811c; Still learning about 812, (code compare takes a long time!) Seen bounties talked about but didn't know how to activate them. (being sick *WAY TOO MUCH OMG! in winter doesn't help, get what some call "brain fog"-----so if i seem like a total idiot some days, well, a little grace please....)

Hey do you----or anybody---have a link to the *CHANGELOG* for ver 812? [wiki is behind, can't keep up lol!]
Seeing how tight $ is most early runs, very interested in the "Bounty Hunter" business. (is there a bail bondsman? or is this supposed to be a "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE" thing?) [or is there even an option?]

Ugh. Sounds like we're assassins now. [aka, vs "Dock Punks" or other street gang]

"..... but if I didn't have at least a 25% chance I didn't bother with them until I did. You should fail often with a 50 Charm, and often enough with 60, I don't see why that would come as a surprise."----still learning, but from what I know there's built-in factors that can make odds go beyond 100; Sounds like you gave them a "cooling off" period [didn't try everyday?] if it wasn't in your favor? [hard to do, but maybe something some of us should try some. With many "fails", & so many bad factors, often it's far from ideal. ]

Crafting: What I've seen so far (different in 812?) is CRAFTING takes a great deal of TIME, STAMINA, & fair amt of start up $ [even if you had the stats] Really not compatible w other strats, unless/*RICH*/(&) extra Stamina; You need that time/stamina, to do fights/sex stuff/etc;

" If you rely on Rebecca like I do it's good to get her Respect as high as possible. At game day 136 Rebecca's Respect is at 47."----wow! Never had her Respect so high! Maybe that's part of what helped you out?
The Rebecca's I've known had to have WP near -0- [assuming CHARM fails, which yours did most of the time right?] b4 she'd consent, *OR*, if she did, she'd get turn'd *OFF* & pissed. (some specifics would help here) When you got her to agree (& it worked!) What was her: Respect? Affection? WP?

-->>> (Since Reb's such a pain!) If I'm reading you right, you: 1) NEVER punished Rebecca, & 2) NEVER used FEAR on her? & 3) [I assume, since your stats were low] you never tried to talk "Dom" to her?

Your run makes me want to try "Soldier" again! lol
Thanks for the info!

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
She's venomous, depressed and frigid. I'm starting to think she's a bit of a lost cause.
What's her *ANGER*? I've learned even more important than Affection is ANGER; If it's above -0-, leave her alone for a while. (it will go down naturally. ) HIGH ANGER's nearly impossible to deal with! [IRL too!]

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Yes, but my problem with Olivia during my aborted attempt to whip that Arrogant little slut was she started with -8 arousal and I couldn't even 'Stimulate' her pussy or ass to gain arousal, and I did worse with the dildos. I eventually just let her go and decided to ignore her Defiance until it melted away with time.
that can be safe----UNLESS they try to escape! (Def # is just an "excuse" 2 punish; It's the "escape #" I worry about the most!)

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
actually, that's only fair, since they have to "charge" b4 melee combat anyway.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
ok made this a while back, but *SO* many posts. (got "POST -poned...")
Attention Dev (but obviously others can comment)

New combat sys bad: (there was a post a while back on some stuff being too "easy", this takes the cake!)

1) Nobody (allies) can die, but ALL enemies die!
2) Greatly reduces or even eliminates the need for stimpacks.
3) Greatly reduces or even eliminates the need for ARMOR. (what's the point? it's EXPENSIVE, & even w/o it, they won't die!)
5) Weapons become less important. (it's now "the last man standing" so even if 4/5 "fall", you still win!)
IRL, no army can tolerate 80% losses! [in 810, you gave your merc the best armor you could so they'd stay alive as long as possible]
5) Life becomes very cheap (everybody "important" is Immortal!)
6) Most combat becomes *MUCH* easier, even if you "die" [cause you're really Highlander the Immortal & *CAN'T* die!]
7) Makes combat *MUCH* cheaper! (you don't have to hire more Mercs to replace those you lost!)

Ideas:
-Back to 810 [mercs at least, can die]
-closer to IRL, at least "normal" & hard modes (*BOTH* mercs & slaves can die!)
-Hurt/sick, unable to work/chores until recover. [90% health?] this would keep the "easy mode" of immortality, while at least approimating the cost of severe injuries.
-limit # of stimpack used/person/day. (not 810, but again, more realistic; Most serious drugs have "dosage" limits, or they can hurt or KILL you!)
-Unable to take part in combat if health is below.... %
-maybe if too many "fall" you still loose or get partial Cred/$?

=====================================
GOOD thing about new combat sys:
-Option to have 4 mercs/slaves/household (or any combo) [realistic]

However, (tested this) if >2 slaves, only 1st 2 get "Respect"; 3rd & 4th slaves (combat) get no respect (poor girls! ;-)
[was prev version; Has anyone tested this in 812?]

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes