A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
Alphabetical order:
  • (starts eh but he will level up his melee via hitting enemies in melee combat anyway as long as you use him; the strongest melee fighter once he can consistently hit enemies)
  • (without training involved, Ayden is the strongest recruit right out the gate but can fall behind because you cannot switch his ranged weapon; comes with his own un-removable high tier armor)
  • (strongest melee fighter right out the gate)
  • / (alternative to Ayden, less strong but can freely use more powerful ranged options later on; Connor comes with his own high tier armor, not as good as Ayden's; Einar is potentially tougher and scales more with training)
  • (the only NPC with both Crackshot and Ammo Pack currently; put your best ranged weapon on her)
  • (if you cannot fight Cassius yet, Truls is an easier alternative; really strong melee fighter and costs 0 salary like Cassius and Aaron).
Is there a console command to reset Cassius'/Truls' fight? Neither of the two have appeared in my game.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alphabetical order:
  • (starts eh but he will level up his melee via hitting enemies in melee combat anyway as long as you use him; the strongest melee fighter once he can consistently hit enemies)
  • (without training involved, Ayden is the strongest recruit right out the gate but can fall behind because you cannot switch his ranged weapon; comes with his own un-removable high tier armor)
  • (strongest melee fighter right out the gate)
  • / (alternative to Ayden, less strong but can freely use more powerful ranged options later on; Connor comes with his own high tier armor, not as good as Ayden's; Einar is potentially tougher and scales more with training)
  • (the only NPC with both Crackshot and Ammo Pack currently; put your best ranged weapon on her)
  • (if you cannot fight Cassius yet, Truls is an easier alternative; really strong melee fighter and costs 0 salary like Cassius and Aaron).
Agree with all of the above. A few additional notes:

- Aaron is more of a long term project IMO. His starting melee is really too low to be useable and his starting ranged skill is practically non-existent. I like to pick him up asap and assign him as a guard so Ayden (my captain) can train his melee and ranged up to 80 for me before I add him to the rotation. His hit penalty is big enough that IMO, you need to further train his melee up to at least 100 before he really starts to shine. He's the best melee fighter in the game, bar none... Eventually. But not when you first get him.

- Ayden's armor is better than duraplate and he seems to have something about him that makes the AI want to choose him as the main target in advanced tactics fights so not only does he start off as the most powerful NPC you can get initially, he's also the best tank until you can afford Hulk armor. I do eventually bench him in favor of someone who can use a plasma or grenade launcher but Ayden can use a greatsword so he's a solid pick for a long time even once you have access to plasma.

- Aaron, Cassius, and Truls are the only potential A team candidates who can get all of the damage boosting traits relevant to melee (Brawler, Warrior, and Malevolent). Aaron is a special case since he's the only NPC who can have (and is guaranteed) berserker. Unfortunately they require save scumming if you want to guarantee those traits. Cassius in particular also has a massive variation in how much strength he can get ranging from less than 130 to more than 200.

- You forgot Felix. Pretty much the same as Connor except he's a brawler so he's a little better for melee than Connor. You will have to buy him better armor though.

- You forgot Samuel as well. Same as Connor as well except he starts with enough skill to start in the close position. Like Felix you'll have to buy him better armor.

- Ayden and Milou are the only 2 above with the stats to be a good quartermaster.

For an end game team, my choices depend on whether I'm going to insist everyone has ammo pack or not. If I do then it's going to be Milou, Einar, Felix, and Connor. If I'm willing to pay for/craft ammo and just want the absolute best damage dealing option then it's going to be Milou, Einar, Aaron, Cassius. In both cases they'll all have Grenade Launchers and greatswords. Milou and Cassius are your top damage dealers with a grenade launcher. Aaron and Cassius are your top damage dealers with melee.

Weapon choices also depend a bit on whether you're insisting on a 100% chance for captures or not. I found that to be preferable, and quite viable as long as my toughest fights were the tier 6 bounties. Once I started getting tier 7 bounties I no longer found that viable. So I used plasma/whip on everyone til the first tier 7 bounties showed up and then switched to grenade launcher/greatsword. Tier 6 are way more lucrative than tier 7 since you can get 4 captures every time while with tier 7 you're probably getting 0 to 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isilindil

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Is there a console command to reset Cassius'/Truls' fight? Neither of the two have appeared in my game.
If you have not encountered them, these are their locations. Check if you still got them:

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/04/3579013_guide_mor_cassius.png
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/04/3579011_guide_mor_truls.png

If they are not there, press Control + Shift + J on Chrome or Edge and enter separately:

SugarCube.State.active.variables.cassius = undefined

SugarCube.State.active.variables.truls = undefined

A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
Mar 5, 2024
Having very high dexterity on your MC might make the Terror miss a lot as long as you are not wearing armor that penalizes DEX too much. I never really tried it though (because DEX won't save me from enemies with the dangerous guns so I prioritize it last) but it should be possible.

EDIT:

Alright, I did an experiment and it turned out better than I thought it would go for characters that were not wearing any armor. Still iffy though. I had cleaner runs with my low DEX herculeans. The problem might be the weapons. Only me and Aria were holding greatswords. Only I was wearing armor because I forgot to take it off. I was not doing powerstrikes until two of my girls were incapacitated because I wanted to see how DEX performs in a drawn out fight so if this was serious, maybe I could have avoided Loren's fall. Aria though got taken out by turn 5-6 so it was not possible to save her.
Well 100 dex or even 130 dex is nothing.
As it a slight simplification of the current melee hit chances (of enemy attacks) is
$weaponskill+15-random(1,40)-$targetdex,
where $weaponskill is the meleeskill of the attacking enemy, random(1,40) is the skillroll of the attack and $targetdex is the dexterity of the target.
In the above simplified formula the hit chance modifications due to low skill roll (+100 for skillroll of 1 or 2), dex penalty of armor (of the attacked npc/mc), weapon specific hit chance bonus (of the attacking weapon), hit chance modification due to reach (ie. attacked npc/mc is wielding a spear) are not taken into account, along with some other seldom hit chance modifications (ie. due to "master traits" or mc/pc being targeted, while totally wasted from alcohol consumption or because a prowler was taken along for a walk as a follower).

In the simplified formula one can see, that if $weaponskill+15-$targetdex is above 40 (eg. at least 41) and no other modifiers do apply, then the melee attack of the enemy will be always successfull.

So assuming a $targetdex of 130 (which many think is the cap, which in fact is not the cap for very petite and petite female npcs and might also be obtainable by young male npcs, before getting a higher numbered bodytype through aging, eg. Loden Wixx or male mc/pc offspring or maybe Lil' Cooney from the independent Walker Ranch in Imogen's Barrow) and a combat weave worn (which afair gives an armor penalty of 3), we would have the inequality $weaponskill+15-130+3> 40 <=> $weaponskill>152 for always hitting. And as the skillroll is 1 in the worst case (from the perspective of the player), we would have $weaponskill+15-130+3<1 <=> $weaponskill<113 for never hitting (unless the skillroll is a 1 or 2 as that gives a +100 to hitchance).

Now the $weaponskill of Goran-Ika is a measly 160.
So hell might freeze over before an attack of Goran-Ika after the first combat round against the mc/pc will not hit the mc/pc (unless the mc/pc is wielding a spear or he has taken a prowler for a walk). But then again hell doeth freeze over before an attack of Goran-Ika will hit ie. my Laika, Aiko or Enya regardless of weapons used by them and regardless of armor worn by them (and even if the skillroll of Goran-Ika is always a 1). The calculation of how high the dex value needs to be is more or less straightforward, but a good estimate (or upper bound) is 300 dex (which is indeed still achievable) to not get accidently hit by a Goran-Ika with a $skillroll of 1 (which gives +100 to hit chance).

BTW there are some differences between the melee hit chance calculations of enemy attacks and melee hit chance calculations of mc/pc/npc attacks. Eg. $skillroll for mc/pc/npc is random(1,45) and there is a higher base modifier (+25) and the amount of hit chance modifiers is slightly different (and a few other things are also slightly different, ie. the dex value of the target is here substracted after checking, whether there should be a damage bonus due to high "hit chance"/skill, for enemy melee attacks this is checked after the dex is substracted from the hit chance).

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
I have just added path finding functionality to the upcoming version of the automation mod.

It still needs a few extra checkers for influence blockers, quest locks, ambush and bandit road blocks.

But all core functionality is completed and working well, including boat travel.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While adding the remaining checkers, I would be happy for input regarding how much effort I should spend on making it available in the mod GUI?
A. Minimal effort: 2x3 normal sized buttons, Home + 5 other fixed locations.
B. Slightly more effort: 9-12 fixed locations via smaller buttons.
C. Maximum effort: "Go Home" button which turns into a dropdown or opens up a map with ALL possible destinations selectable, on mouse over.

For A or B: What are the relevant locations that someone might want a button for? Why?
Home, External Plot 1 & 2, Hamah Bay, Watery Eyes, Crystal Heights?

Academy, Hunting locations, Orient Palace and Dockgrave shouldn't need navigation buttons, since there are already other dedicated buttons for them.

Locations for fighting should also not be needed as different options for automatically picking a fight and automatic battle is next on the todo list (currently the last feature planned).

4.50 star(s) 118 Votes