dooka58

Formerly 'dookie85'
Nov 18, 2020
In the Academy quest for Planetary Studies, at one point you get invited to an outing, and I selected every option to show interest in what was going on, but nothing happened. I finished the course and still nothing happened. According to the wiki, there was the Übermenschen quest that I missed somehow.

Anyone know what that was about, and what was supposed to happen?

dooka58

Formerly 'dookie85'
Nov 18, 2020
...there was the Übermenschen quest that I missed somehow.
Anyone know what that was about, and what was supposed to happen?
Nevermind, I found the instructions in the dialog from digging through the HTML file: "Go speak to William Hanbard down in Marston Avenue tomorrow." There is no quest log in the Journal.

He ends up selling me potent PED/steroids which have a terrible addiction effect. I bought some, but the effects seem too unbalanced to ever use and risk the addiction. Taking it sounds like you're gonna ruin your character's stats and force you to start over from the bottom. It's a bit overboard, and players would consider it if the effects were moderated a bit (both positive and negative), but right now it just seems like a pitfall to ruin your entire run.

Edit: I tried the DX injector drug, and it does increase , , , points, , , , and skill. Each shot boosts all these skills +20 (up to a maximum of 120). But I can't tell how many days of addiction withdrawal I have left where I get -2 to each of those stats (possibly because I'm ending the day with automation mod). The withdrawals aren't as bad as I feared, but without knowing the "withdrawal days" it's still hard to tell if using this drug is worth it or potentially very harmful.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
So it seems there can be different layout for the yard... hmmm. What's the best one though?
To me the best layout for the yard changes as the game progresses.

Early game nothing really beats a big garden for the money. I usually have more than 1 of them for an extended period of time.

Mid game you're probably going to want a stables since it saves you time on movement. Nothing else does that. Early to mid game you're almost certainly going to want a dojo for the increased training caps, but once you get enough people trained up to the cap you don't need it anymore so you can tear it down and replace it with something else. You're also definitely going to want a gazebo for pool parties unless you're doing dinner parties or something else to manage happiness and affection in your house.

Mid to late game you're going to want at least 1 workshop, but there are 2 external plots you can buy that you could build one on so personally I prefer to put a workshop and a tavern on those lots rather than build a workshop in my yard, at least until pretty late in the game when I have more people with high discipline than I know what to do with.

Late game you'll have the Burakumin village maxed out so gardens will no longer be of any real value since the village will provide more food by itself than you could possibly use.

As far as end game configuration I would probably say the 2 external lots should be 1 workshop and 1 tavern and the yard should be stables, gazebo, and either 2 or 3 workshops depending on whether you keep the grove or not. The grove is never needed but it does provide a nice contentment bonus and has gotten a recent garden upgrade. You also can't rebuild it so if you demolish it, it's gone for good.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
And just to show that there are not right or wrong way to play Master of Raana, I (and I´m not by any means a novice player) usually buy my first workshop at day 2 , never in my live have build a Dojo and only buy a Garden to make Mai Lin happy.

4.50 star(s) 124 Votes