beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
Could someone clue me in on how the economy system works since I might be missing something?

The economy screen says I should have a positive income of about 700/day, but I either gain no money or lose some when the day rolls over.

Also, I have a bunch of artifacts, but can't donate them to the academy for some reason. Is that just not implemented yet?

Jun 10, 2022
Could someone clue me in on how the economy system works since I might be missing something?

The economy screen says I should have a positive income of about 700/day, but I either gain no money or lose some when the day rolls over.

Also, I have a bunch of artifacts, but can't donate them to the academy for some reason. Is that just not implemented yet?
Is autobuy food on?

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
Is autobuy food on?
Yes it is. Does it just spend all your money on food? If I'm reading the economy screen correctly, it's spending about 140 whateverstheunit on food per day and it's deducted as an expense.

EDIT:

Just checked and it's spending 0R/day on food right now since I have rations stored. It'd cost 150R/day if I didn't.

EDITEDIT:

Oh, never mind, it's 150 RATIONS per day. So 150 x $6 per day is $900.

That does explain where the money's going. But it's pretty damn confusing that it isn't directly shown as an expense.

I guess I just need to business harder.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes it is. Does it just spend all your money on food? If I'm reading the economy screen correctly, it's spending about 140 whateverstheunit on food per day and it's deducted as an expense.

EDIT:

Just checked and it's spending 0R/day on food right now since I have rations stored. It'd cost 150R/day if I didn't.
The food tab tells you how much it's buying but it doesn't include that cost in your expenses for the business or economy tab. So if you have 96 people in your house and food costs $20 per ration you might be spending almost $6000 a day on food. For that reason, if you tend to fill your house up quickly you may want to prioritize Averil's quest. That gives you access to Zapin Field (a farm you can upgrade) and that will permanently solve all your food issues.

beefenstein

Jan 29, 2019
The food tab tells you how much it's buying but it doesn't include that cost in your expenses for the business or economy tab. So if you have 96 people in your house and food costs $20 per ration you might be spending almost $6000 a day on food.
Yeah, I puzzled that out there earlier. It's wild that it isn't included properly into your expenses. With food being such a basic necessity.

For that reason, if you tend to fill your house up quickly you may want to prioritize Averil's quest. That gives you access to Zapin Field (a farm you can upgrade) and that will permanently solve all your food issues.
Thanks for pointing her out to me. I should really pay more attention to the slave markets. I've 3/4 of the time just been capturing bandits.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
That does explain where the money's going. But it's pretty damn confusing that it isn't directly shown as an expense.

I guess I just need to business harder.
I suppose that is because the price of food is variable, so instead of trying to convert it to show on the income panel, they just added the warning that auto-buy food is on.

kilr0y99

Jan 27, 2019
Hi Grimdark, Great game. Just a thought in line with the story, if we back Aria, the rebellion and complete New World Order, shouldn't we be able to buy out/get Aria to free Freya from the Velvet room. A bit rough to leave one of her people to suffer once she becomes Chancellor.

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
Hey I have a problem, a slave of mine wouldnt let herself add to the ring (Option not available). But conditions stat wise are meet. Is there something I missed?

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Hi Grimdark, Great game. Just a thought in line with the story, if we back Aria, the rebellion and complete New World Order, shouldn't we be able to buy out/get Aria to free Freya from the Velvet room. A bit rough to leave one of her people to suffer once she becomes Chancellor.
Thanks!

Yeah, Freya is coming as an acquirable NPC in 0838+. ;)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hmm on a different note, there seems to be a bug (or at least discrepancy) concerning how the Head Maid affects the house. I guess it's due to the tweaks the system has undergone since the initial iteration.

The game tells you:
''EFFICIENCY''<br>
''Increased by:'' NPCs with Discipline 60+, while having the Head Maid title.<br>
''Effects:'' Increases Discipline. A small chance (25%) to increase Stress up to a maximum of 8.
But the actual effect is:
Code:
<<if $workfester gte 5 and _rannpcroll is 1>>
<<set _roll to random(1, 100)>>
<<if _npc.stress lte 4 and _roll lte $workfester and _npc.bondage lte 0>><<set _npc.stress+=4>><<set $workfester-=2>><</if>>
<<if _npc.discipline lte 59 and _roll lte $workfester and _npc.bondage lte 0>><<set _npc.discipline+=1>><<set $workfester-=2>><</if>>
<</if>>
Meaning the chance to affect stress isn't 25% but linear with amount of accumulated efficiency. Also not sure why it'd reduce house efficiency, as it directly drops the chance for efficiency to have its supposed main impact, i.e. discipline increases.

The game also claims in description of Head Maid duties:
''- If Discipline is 60 or higher:'' +1 Discipline raise chance/day (15%) for slaves with Discipline below 50.<br>
Which is no longer the case -- with the house efficiency increasing 1 per day (and dropping by 2 with each impact it has on a slave, also when triggering the stress penalty) the effective chance to impact other slaves' discipline is way lower than 15% per person per day.

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes