bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Since Charm and manipulate are extremely bad in the early game and 99.9% of attempts fail, what do you guys do with slaves anyway? Can't intimidate or terrorize, can't explain, and you won't succeed at sex or BDSM rolls either.

So what's the common plan here, put them to work at the book store?
¿99.9% of attempts faill?

Build a Charmer. You roll against Aria at 40 just on the spot, improving with happiness and respect.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Not a single person found that gibberish note in that Old Gate location? Is that thing useful?
At the moment, no. Will it be in the future? I don't know. I don't think Grim has decided or he hasn't indicated that it will be useful. My guess is everyone has found it.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Not a single person found that gibberish note in that Old Gate location? Is that thing useful?
I didn't understand which one you were referring to, as 'Old Gate' doesn't ring any bells and there's more than one curious note you can find.

Is it the one that looks like a DNA sequence of some sort? I think that's still a WIP (work in progress). There's a few mysterious things you encounter that suggest there's a mystery (or mysteries) to solve that Grimdark hasn't revealed to us yet.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Not really about sex. Just want to get their Willpower down so I can auction them off at a good price. The thing is, you can't really do that because low charm and manipulate stats will always guarantee a fail in anything you try. So no talking to her, no explaining no sex and no bondage. I can always force her, but that will just tank her happiness and affection.

It's my understanding that you need to keep the slave's happiness and affection up while getting her willpower down, to be considered an obedient slave --which fetch the highest prices.
When I first started my strategy was to max Charm as much as I could in character creation (I think 85 was the best you could do) so as to make the early game easier. Now I don't do that, but do kinda long for the days when I could charm easily and am not sure that my current strategies are really all that much better because you do lose time with the girls if you start with 25 or so Charm.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
When I first started my strategy was to max Charm as much as I could in character creation (I think 85 was the best you could do) so as to make the early game easier. Now I don't do that, but do kinda long for the days when I could charm easily and am not sure that my current strategies are really all that much better because you do lose time with the girls if you start with 25 or so Charm.
I don't find low starting charm to be an issue for the girls I want to keep long term. There are plenty of ways to make progress with them even at 20 charm. Where the problem comes in is if you're set on breaking the random girls as fast as possible for sale. If that's your goal then yeah you're going to need high charm because you don't have time to build respect to 20, spend days complimenting them, etc.

I tried to do that one game and failed. My house filled up with partially broken randoms who mostly hated me initially and then my pool of unprocess captured slaves filled up with females as well because I was out of room.

I'm not sure that's really viable with every random anyway unless you get your charm and manipulation up around Silver Tongue levels and get your bondage, flagellation, and sex skills up really high so you can guarantee immediate and significant progress with every girl you get as soon as you get her even if she hates you. That takes awhile to get to.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I don't find low starting charm to be an issue for the girls I want to keep long term. There are plenty of ways to make progress with them even at 20 charm. Where the problem comes in is if you're set on breaking the random girls as fast as possible for sale. If that's your goal then yeah you're going to need high charm because you don't have time to build respect to 20, spend days complimenting them, etc.

I tried to do that one game and failed. My house filled up with partially broken randoms who mostly hated me initially and then my pool of unprocess captured slaves filled up with females as well because I was out of room.

I'm not sure that's really viable with every random anyway unless you get your charm and manipulation up around Silver Tongue levels and get your bondage, flagellation, and sex skills up really high so you can guarantee immediate and significant progress with every girl you get as soon as you get her even if she hates you. That takes awhile to get to.
Yeah, I know you can get away with low starting charm and have done it with a number of runs, including my two longest, but I rather enjoyed those runs where I didn't have to scrape by with the girls to start with and could start working even the tougher ones early.

A strategy that allowed for the breaking of randoms quickly has advantages in my view that aren't necessarily overcome in the long term. It can change your game and make it more enjoyable sometimes.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
A strategy that allowed for the breaking of randoms quickly has advantages in my view that aren't necessarily overcome in the long term. It can change your game and make it more enjoyable sometimes.
Oh I'm not arguing against that. I'm just not sure it's even theoretically possible early in the game unless you do one of the tier 4 starts where you're already a sex god on day 1 like the Silver Tongue. You can build up to that point with any start, but not quickly. I think in most games you're better off only bothering to break the ones that start with low willpower since they don't take much work.

Admittedly I haven't focused that much on it so I'm mostly going by my failed attempt to break EVERY random and that game I bought my charm up to 89 the first month and then read the persuasion books after that. So by the second month I had both charm and manipulate well over 100. Still wasn't enough. I figure for it to work you need to be able to drop willpower by around 10 pts per day on at least 2 slaves every day. Most of the slaves I capture have willpower higher than 70.

Maybe if you use some of the dialog options it might work better. Like Terrorize. I haven't really messed with that but that would take hardly any time so if you could use something like that to significantly drop willpower on like 5 or 6 girls every day that might be enough. Not sure how you'd deal with them all hating you but maybe it wouldn't matter if you're just going to sell them.

The other problem with many of the dialog options is once they get to some level of corruption/high affection it doesn't do anything anymore. They just respond with something like "anything you want master" and you don't get any benefits or penalties from it.

Maybe it is possible in the early game and I just haven't found the secret. It would certainly be a fun early game if it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

lurkathon

Donor
Jan 2, 2020
For lowering Willpower, I always roll with some manipulation boost from character creation, then after I get a slaves affection up I can get them on the rack just by asking. I can then just leave them there, feed them so they wont starve, and over time their willpower can drop. Results vary depending on slave traits and stats, and ofc Obscene Art upgrade. This is a slower method for when Im busy with other stuff.

For faster results Ive been using a dominant BJ request, and making her lick dem balls. Worked nicely training girls for Dockgrave, as they needed high Oral skill aswell. There is probably even better methods, but this works for me.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
What the hell do you do with captured slaves? I have 3, and Ive been to slave merchants and when I try to sell slaves, they only offer me money for the one who is my main slave, none of the others. And when I am at home, I cant see them unless I leave, so I seem to have no way to transfer them from my party's captives to my household/home/etc. Id like to sell 2 and keep 1 of them

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
What the hell do you do with captured slaves? I have 3, and Ive been to slave merchants and when I try to sell slaves, they only offer me money for the one who is my main slave, none of the others. And when I am at home, I cant see them unless I leave, so I seem to have no way to transfer them from my party's captives to my household/home/etc. Id like to sell 2 and keep 1 of them
See the little pair of handcuffs in the lower right box of the display in the lower left-hand corner of the screen when you're out of the house? Press that in Redhaven, Watery Eyes, Crystal Heights or Preacher's Pond and you'll be able to inspect your slaves. You can sell the men on that screen and also the girls there if you want, but it's usually financially advantageous to add the women to your household and sell them like you were trying to originally. As you saw, they have to be in the left-side 'Main Slave' position to do it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaxMan and msor

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
See the little pair of handcuffs in the lower right box of the display in the lower left-hand corner of the screen when you're out of the house? Press that in Redhaven, Watery Eyes, Crystal Heights or Preacher's Pond and you'll be able to inspect your slaves. You can sell the men on that screen and also the girls there if you want, but it's usually financially advantageous to add the women to your household and sell them like you were trying to originally. As you saw, they have to be in the left-side 'Main Slave' position to do it that way.
Ok, thanks for that, I was at least able to sell off the men. but what about the females that I want to keep? How do I send them to my house?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Ok, thanks for that, I was at least able to sell off the men. but what about the females that I want to keep? How do I send them to my house?
Do you have a full household? That is, all eight house slots are filled? If not, you should get the option to 'Add to Household' when you click on them in the Inspect screen.

If you do have a full household you might not get that option until you sell or marry a slave or send one to the Arena (or Retreat if you have it) and open up a household slot. At which time you'll probably more acutely understand just what I, Khumak, Jaxman and Lurker have been lamenting about in the thread recently.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
Do you have a full household? That is, all eight house slots are filled? If not, you should get the option to 'Add to Household' when you click on them in the Inspect screen.

If you do have a full household you might not get that option until you sell or marry a slave or send one to the Arena (or Retreat if you have it) and open up a household slot. At which time you'll probably more acutely understand just what I, Khumak, Jaxman and Lurker have been lamenting about in the thread recently.
No, I have 3 slots open. Also, I tried clicking on "Process" to see if it gave other options while I was near my house, now I am stuck with "sell slave" or "free slave" and no options to go back :(

4.50 star(s) 136 Votes