Blck

May 22, 2017
No shota/loli trait for this game. It's pretty much banned everywhere anyway.

As for the details of player x monster breeding - I can't tell you much yet, just wait until the feature is implemented because I need to test the feature. Can't promise stuff yet.

What happened?

Also S-Purple doesn't own Breeding Season, just the dialogue sprites.
Trust me this guy will sue you for the name becasue he is greed as fuck dumpster, since his cloud milking project is on he wont hesitate to get his hands on your game name, since he can interpretate that breeding season sprits were connected with breeding season game so you stole the idea of the game name.

I am writing with concern this not to scare you off but to warn you how shade this motherfucker Spurple is. It would be huge shame if this game project would be canceled or closed due to sue from that fucker on you

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
I really like the original breeding season, so I hope to use similar storylines/characters. However, if H-bomb sues us I'll change the story :D
I don't think H-Bomb is the one to be concerned about since Breeding Season was basically open sourced when the project collapsed and was always intended to be free to the public when it was completed.

As long as you don't use art assets from S-Purple you'll probably be fine. S-Purple is absolutely petty enough to try to sue, but S-Purple only controls the art assets of Breeding Season from like version 4+.

Change the name and sufficiently transform the art, and you'll be fine.

MeLovely Games

Creating Mating Season
Game Developer
Sep 29, 2021
I don't think H-Bomb is the one to be concerned about since Breeding Season was basically open sourced when the project collapsed and was always intended to be free to the public when it was completed.
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that.

But that's why he released the source file for BS when he quit the project, right?

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that.

But that's why he released the source file for BS when he quit the project, right?
That's why the team open sourced it when S-Purple sabotaged the project and left it undeliverable. H-Bomb and the other creators that were involved wanted to continue the project, but S-Purple basically forced a situation where to continue the project the whole team had to find a new lead artist and they had to roll back to like version 3 from version 7 because that's where H-Bomb's art got removed and the art rendering system got wrapped around S-Purple's assets.

S-Purple was unwilling to sell the assets at any price offered, and when S-Purple made clear with legal threats that he would not budge, H-Bomb got a vote of no confidence from the remaining team members and freelance contributors, so the compromise was releasing the game into the wild in the hopes that someone would use it to deliver on the broken promises.

The promise of Breeding Season from the start was always that the game was for the community. Everyone would get to play the game for free, and the only reason to pay money to get the newest versions first was to support the project and later to vote on the direction of its development.

The team decided to open source it because it was the closest thing they could do to deliver on their original promise and circumvent the problems that S-Purple introduced with his sabotage.

The source for the game is part of why Breeding Farm, Breeders of Nephelym, and Portals of Phereon exist.

A lot of the conflict about the project came from a couple major camps. You're seeing some of that here in this thread already. Furry, LGBTQUIA+, and politically progressive people form one of the major camps; strict cis het people and particularly cis het male Main-Character players form another, and the last are the players that want putrid content and don't care what happens to the project or the people making it (child abuse simulation, bestiality, and stuff that makes RimWorld look tame). Beware of trying to make and keep promises to all those camps. Personally, I'm glad to see that you started with the female MC, and I'm glad to see that you're committing to same sex and queer sex couples, and I am glad to see that you're taking a stance on no child abuse simulation.

Don't be afraid to reject people's offers of money or support when their demands or expectations aren't compatible with your interests. One of the big mistakes H-Bomb made in his management of his project was he tried to please everyone and he was relatively indiscriminate about taking money from people and making promises that he couldn't keep. Breeding Season is one of the reasons that Patreon has some of the policies it has against certain kinds of content, and its early attempts to include certain kinds of content to please some of the paying players is arguably part of why offbeatr ultimately collapsed.

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
Ha, Breeding Season?
What a throwback. :PogChamp:
Gonna root for you, dev.
But also gonna wait for more, before I play.
Definite watch, though.
Best of luck to you.

Reactions: MeLovely Games

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
Futa is fictional.
Hermaphrodites with another sex??? Well that is questionable.
Most fiction has Futa with a base sex so accept them as that base sex. People seem to not really care at all about hermaphrodites, they have many problems and would not be anime worth other than for humor.

• Angry
Reactions: funek0

daniel1324

Jul 26, 2018
Im pretty sure this game fucked up my graphics card(RTX 3080 just bought new one 5days ago). This games FPS goes up to 400~500 and graphics card make weird high-pitch noises like crazy, because it doesnt support Vsync (I guess?). After running this game my graphics card makes high-pitch noise whenever graphics cards work (Even it sounds when I just move mouse around).

Arrchman

May 16, 2020
There aren't really any decent C# alternatives to Unity right now.
Maybe Godot 4.0 one day... but it doesn't look good since it is in alpha state for 2+ years already.

And rolling your own engine is something most devs can't do.

You also don't have to update the Unity version, if Unity starts doing even shadier stuff than their current telemetry.
Godot 4.0 is expected to get to beta . Then it enters into feature freeze to fix bugs and polish.

Last edited:

Nyx2k

Sep 26, 2021
The original BS was what got me to this Forum and into these games in general. It was right up my alley in terms of content, features and what was promised.
I was really disappointed when the original BS went down.

Glad to see someone dedicated to bring it back (in a sense) and better than before.
I will follow this project with great interest.

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
In theory you solved one of the biggest issues of the original by going 3D that was feature creep that every new race/form added to the game in terms of animations.

With that said i would change the name of the game... I dont think they CAN do anything but given how the original game ended i would not be surprised if they TRY something. And the last thing you want is meaningless drama.

Nghtly

Sep 9, 2019
Definitely change the name and update the artwork to reflect that. I am all too glad that we've got a spiritual successor on the come up, but it doesn't cost but a couple hundred to get some alley-grade lawyer to fuck with you and kill your creative mojo.

I wish you the best of luck dev, the breeding genre has all the tasty little ingredients to make a truly delicious hentai cocktail that this community will all too readily drink up (as evidenced by the insane amount of activity this thread has already received!).

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
I hope it will go futher in Development that other breeders games.

I hope there will be choice male, futa, herm for MC. It is too plain if there is only female MC.
At this point it is more lake preview of Development than game version. No demonstartion of any mechanics.
Inventory (i mean this big object when storing items on the ranch) is not working sometimes, you need to open character inventory and close it, and after it, it will start to work again.
Please remove second cursor, i know it is not big thing to do, and it is annoyng too much when windows cursor going around on the screen as you move around.

I think it is have potential

Mr. Foreman

Mar 31, 2020
I feel like you should use character images from the latest build because they look so much nicer then the old art. Also how do I get new monsters? Also wish for a option to turn off futa and male player, and to be able to breed the player

3.10 star(s) 18 Votes