Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
While webp is a fine image format, the above is simply untrue. The perceived problem doesn't lie with their use of jpeg but a very high quality setting instead. Switching to webp using the exact same quality setting – beware that this requires the -jpeg_like switch, as cwebp's quality values equate to on the jpeg scale – may even end up needing more disc space. Assuming mozjpeg, space savings between the two formats come down to scene composition.

To showcase my point I converted a few renders using and noted down the resulting file sizes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blue Otter Games, see above. The gist of it is that you can lower the quality setting on your encoder without noticeably loosing perceived image quality regardless of the format used. More details and comparisons can be garnered by reading these posts of mine. Hope this helps!
You are absolutely incredible, thank you for this tip!

Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
I just finished the update, and I have to admit the update was very chunky and wholesome.
All the girls got their moment to shine, but I have to say, Layla is clearly my favorite, but I have a lot of love for Rylee as well (other girls, they have me intrigued).

So far, we have the following girls:

Main Girls:
- Layla
- Rylee
- Gemma
- Xia
- Chrysta

Others:
- Frianca
- Kim
- Stormy
- the Stewardess (don't know why, but for some reason, I don't think she's a one-off character)
- Siarra (MC's ex)

So Blue Otter Games that leaves me with 2 questions (tried searching for the answers in the thread, but couldn't find them):

1) Are the girls in "Others" category to be treated as 'Side-girls' compared to the 'Main Girls', i.e. will be having less content compared to the mains?

2) Will there be more girls added (with future updates), or is the above list of 10 girls it in terms of the game's LI roster?

By the way, Zippy Cockatiel is a very welcome addition to the game. I think our lovable feathery companion is up there with others (such as Faerie Dragon from "Sorcerer", AI pooch Koko from "Artemis") in terms of echelon of being a helpful, yet really endearing little companion.
Perhaps it's just me, but I hope we get to continue seeing our parrot more throughout the story, and even some affections he/she (don't think the update told us whether it's aboy or girl) shown to our MC, heh.
Thanks for playing! In terms of the LI roster, right now you are correct, those are the main and the secondary. In the current iteration, which we are going to complete in full, these are the only true LIs. There's going to be a few other interactive characters but not of that category. If we reach the Patreon goal to do the second arc (new story with the same characters) we are going to add a few more.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
I just finished the update, and I have to admit the update was very chunky and wholesome.
All the girls got their moment to shine, but I have to say, Layla is clearly my favorite, but I have a lot of love for Rylee as well (other girls, they have me intrigued).

So far, we have the following girls:

Main Girls:
- Layla
- Rylee
- Gemma
- Xia
- Chrysta

Others:
- Frianca
- Kim
- Stormy
- the Stewardess (don't know why, but for some reason, I don't think she's a one-off character)
- Siarra (MC's ex)

So Blue Otter Games that leaves me with 2 questions (tried searching for the answers in the thread, but couldn't find them):

1) Are the girls in "Others" category to be treated as 'Side-girls' compared to the 'Main Girls', i.e. will be having less content compared to the mains?

2) Will there be more girls added (with future updates), or is the above list of 10 girls it in terms of the game's LI roster?

By the way, Zippy Cockatiel is a very welcome addition to the game. I think our lovable feathery companion is up there with others (such as Faerie Dragon from "Sorcerer", AI pooch Koko from "Artemis") in terms of echelon of being a helpful, yet really endearing little companion.
Perhaps it's just me, but I hope we get to continue seeing our parrot more throughout the story, and even some affections he/she (don't think the update told us whether it's aboy or girl) shown to our MC, heh.
I'm worried about adding too many girls

because more girls added

means less screentime for girls we already have

and if you add too many girls it can increase the amount of time between updates

but I'm not a game developer so I don't know

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I'm worried about adding too many girls

because more girls added

means less screentime for girls we already have

and if you add too many girls it can increase the amount of time between updates

but I'm not a game developer so I don't know
I think for me, it depends on the dev's passion and capabilities.

For example, take a game like Dr Amana, Sexual Therapist.
That game literally has 14 LIs who I believe are mains (I don't believe the game has secondary LIs or side girls).
Yup, literally 14.

If the dev can somehow balance everyone nicely within the whole narrative or story (and is passionate to tell story for all these LIs), then I don't see why not.
But if not, then the game can get messy (and even worse, dev can suffer burnout).

As I said, it all comes down to how the dev balances everything (personally, I don't mind the wait time between the updates, but I can see how that can be an issue for some).

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Ok I am so confused...... Why does this woman have a beard? Thats girl is either taking testosterone or she is a he.

1644199720888.png 1644199804197.png

Sep 3, 2020
I think for me, it depends on the dev's passion and capabilities.

For example, take a game like Dr Amana, Sexual Therapist.
That game literally has 14 LIs who I believe are mains (I don't believe the game has secondary LIs or side girls).
Yup, literally 14.

If the dev can somehow balance everyone nicely within the whole narrative or story (and is passionate to tell story for all these LIs), then I don't see why not.
But if not, then the game can get messy (and even worse, dev can suffer burnout).

As I said, it all comes down to how the dev balances everything (personally, I don't mind the wait time between the updates, but I can see how that can be an issue for some).
trust me brother two of my favorite games are
Summer's Gone and The_DeLuca_Family

I can wait

I'm just saying you have to be very careful

not to add too many girls because it can seriously increase the development time
and if you're like me and you love monogamy and you don't like to cheat

you also have to worry about if the new girl going to take away time from the one girl I love

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
trust me brother two of my favorite games are
Summer's Gone and The_DeLuca_Family
I can wait....
to not go fully OT, I fully agree with your concern of too many girls being a risk.
hopefully the dev/s will manage that properly.
p.s.
and if i might add, just a personal opinion/taste, please, dear dev, make that readhead chick (rylee or whatever) optional:HideThePain: (the first (good)VNs rule: messing with any chick should be optional:WeSmart:)

Sep 3, 2020
to not go fully OT, I fully agree with your concern of too many girls being a risk.
hopefully the dev/s will manage that properly.
p.s.
and if i might add, just a personal opinion/taste, please, dear dev, make that readhead chick (rylee or whatever) optional:HideThePain:(the first (good)VNs rule: messing with any chick should be optional:WeSmart:)
don't worry brother I don't think Blue Otter Games is the kind of guy to force any girl on us I mean when I started the game I was worried that rylee was being forced on us but I think we are just friends with her

oh and layla is best girl

Reactions: Abhai

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
don't worry brother I don't think Blue Otter Games is the kind of guy to force any girl on us I mean when I started the game I was worried that rylee was being forced on us but I think we are just friends with her

oh and layla is best girl
Just want to add on to what you said. Rylee is a main character who's pretty heavily involved in the plot of the game. So you won't be able to completely ignore her. But if you have no interest in a relationship with her you won't be forced into one.

Sep 3, 2020
Just want to add on to what you said. Rylee is a main character who's pretty heavily involved in the plot of the game. So you won't be able to completely ignore her. But if you have no interest in a relationship with her you won't be forced into one.
i don't want to ignore her she's a nice girl and a good friend but I have no romantic feelings for her at least for my first playthrough

but Layla

is my one and only ;)

Blue Otter Games

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
This! Interaction with the girls is what gets the story to its main arcs. You won't, however, be forced into a relationship! In most cases, you can even choose how sexually involved you get, while some are required for a reason.

This is all about story. Everything, even if it feels slow, is building toward bigger story beats. But yes, when it comes to romance, who you need up with, harem or not, is completely up to you!

Sep 3, 2020
This! Interaction with the girls is what gets the story to its main arcs. You won't, however, be forced into a relationship! In most cases, you can even choose how sexually involved you get, while some are required for a reason.

This is all about story. Everything, even if it feels slow, is building toward bigger story beats. But yes, when it comes to romance, who you need up with, harem or not, is completely up to you!
this is music to my ears because I'm more of a story and character kind of guy to me that's the most important thing

so please take your time I'm not in any Rush for sex

while I sit back and enjoy the story

4.30 star(s) 67 Votes