bluraven93

Nov 30, 2019
seems like it
you can barely escape by pressing A and D
And you can't even stop enemies that are moving towards you from the right from touching you without an stealth enemy getting you, Max pretty much attacks too slow and we probably need a cheat mode anyway.

sndb

Jul 5, 2022
seems like it
you can barely escape by pressing A and D
Just from my personal experience and experimentation, muscle memory from other games that also employ the uniquitous struggle-to-escape QTE mechanics proves detrimental since most of those reward hitting whatever sequence of keys as fast/accurately as possible. For MaxElf though, instead I've finally been having consistently good results by fighting the urge to hit the required keys as rapidly--or likely a hair faster--as the prompts are lighting up on screen, but instead treating it a bit more like a rhythm game with a non-linear/shifting tempo and focus on following the slightly shifting beat at a lower BPM than if you were just following the onscreen prompts.

When you slow it down just a little and get it right the onscreen key prompts barely even get a chance to "light up" for any more than a frame or two and the escape progress bar is startlingly quick. Now my issue is easing off and deliberately stalling progress for a second or so to time the escape so you don't pop free right as other baddies corner you against a screen/visibility edge or more baddies.

P.S. I haven't really been able to tell if certain enemy types all consistently have the same "beat" for their QTE, or if it's random across all varieties or enemies, or what, so I'm treating them like their all unique/random beats and that seems to be gud 'nuff.

Sargash

Nov 22, 2017
The amount of people whining about "Hard Enemies" makes me keenly aware how few people have basic pattern recognition.
People also complaining that the QTE doesn't give you enough time to escape, or if you're very lucky, one chance. Unironically a skill issue, or severe carpal tunnel. I get 4 chances on average, and I'm not a guy with a good trigger finger. I am all for changing the QTE so I DONT get carpal tunnel though.

bobbot

May 10, 2018
People also complaining that the QTE doesn't give you enough time to escape, or if you're very lucky, one chance. Unironically a skill issue, or severe carpal tunnel. I get 4 chances on average, and I'm not a guy with a good trigger finger. I am all for changing the QTE so I DONT get carpal tunnel though.
not going to lie i tried that after downing a pot of coffee and a few energy drinks... 4, 5 maybe wasnt keeping count even on a caffine buzz like that i still feel like something is eating my inputs if its rythem and not mash i wish the dev would say as im still used to how toonpimp did it.

Arta.umb

Dec 13, 2019
btw this is the easiest game of its own i can beat it with one hand how some ppl having trouble with doing it
each level is fairly balanced and has different patterns also u got like 3 special move and 5 lust bars furthermore u can just reset the lust bar by masturbating without getting any corruption if u ask me it is just too easy or handsomely balanced

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
one of many ''pro gamer move'' we game masters are using is playing with both hands :p
That is a 6900 IQ gamer move right there :)

Well I'm playing with both my hands too! Granted one is on the keyboard and one on the "JOYstick", but I'm still playing like the pros claim :BootyTime:
It sounds like this would be your kind of controller to play Max the Elf with if the buttons can be mapped to it:

ACGAM R1 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Gamepad VR Remote Game Controller:

Zenkure

Dec 15, 2018
Okay what do you do against the doll because people keep going "Oh you don't know attack patterns" but honestly, I've only jumped over her once and she kinda just walks back a step before continuing to zoom towards me and then I get hit and I'm not sure what everyone's doing but I get one escape before I get a corruption point. There's no pattern, she moves towards you and you die because the doll doesn't give a shit about your attacks and you can't really jump over her effectively.

People are also saying that they can escape 3-4 times and if that's so then the escape mechanics UI or mechanics in general needs some work because I can't figure out how to escape better. I try mashing and it eats inputs and I'm not sure what the magic pace is because the game doesn't try to convey that.

Also that doll gets even rougher if there's a witch behind her and the hitbox on the witch attack feels a little larger than it should be.

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes