RPGM May's Summer Vacation [v0.04.0] [Otchakun]

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
As long as you've met them once in Ember's quest, the Gropers will surprise you in 3 spots around the city during the day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, I've been all over the map, every trash can, I can't fall in the hole (did that in the past) but my count is still 0/3.

It's an obscure-ish mechanic that's going to be useful later on. Just keep drinking orange juice and May will eventually pee herself xD

Waiting for her to taste it. It will be expensive to see how many she needs to drink.

Not sure what you mean here. Like most content in the game, in the restaurant scenes you just say yes or no to the clients' requests, and in the beach the scenes will just play out different depending on what you're wearing or the time of the day. Are you saying you'd like the repeatable scenes to have more variations depending on the player's choice? If so, yes I think that'd be more interesting.
OK, I often skip text in repeatable scenes, but I meant I meet someone they greet me a certain way. I see them again, they don't act the same as the first time, the experience is not new. I'm not sure of the programming required, been a very long time since I tried coding. Essentially, once you have an event it triggers to skip the first dialog and chose from other options randomly. I knew a dev years ago that I advised on this issue. Being surprised 20 times if silly, or what ever reaction occurs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Otchakun

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
OK, I often skip text in repeatable scenes, but I meant I meet someone they greet me a certain way. I see them again, they don't act the same as the first time, the experience is not new. I'm not sure of the programming required, been a very long time since I tried coding. Essentially, once you have an event it triggers to skip the first dialog and chose from other options randomly. I knew a dev years ago that I advised on this issue. Being surprised 20 times if silly, or what ever reaction occurs.
Ahhh yes. I've actually been adding stuff like that for the restaurant. NPCs won't need to explain their request a second time, May won't be super embarrassed if she agreed to them before, and the scene will play faster overall. Could be a good idea to apply that to other scenes too, so things flow more naturally.

Reactions: Bobber Tail

KyoukoSakura

Best Girl
Donor
Nov 23, 2022
I quite enjoyed this game at first, but now I've come to realize it's really just a scene collector without any engaging game play or story. It's just walk back and forth/pass time to get the next scene and that's it. None of the choices seem to make any difference past the scene either. It's really started to feel quite stale and boring to me. No offense of course.

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
I quite enjoyed this game at first, but now I've come to realize it's really just a scene collector without any engaging game play or story. It's just walk back and forth/pass time to get the next scene and that's it. None of the choices seem to make any difference past the scene either. It's really started to feel quite stale and boring to me. No offense of course.
That's fine. A game can't please everyone.
MSV's point is to just be a laid-back slice of life simulator experience where you can explore town, meet fun and quirky characters, and not stress out about complicated mechanics or consequences.
I'm mostly expanding the game horizontally now, so you only get to see the beginning of each questline. There's gonna be a few plot twists later on in some routes too, but if you're expecting complex and engaging plotlines, this probably isn't the game for you xD

Reactions: KyoukoSakura

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
MSV's point is to just be a laid-back slice of life simulator experience where you can explore town, meet fun and quirky characters, and not stress out about complicated mechanics or consequences.
I'm mostly expanding the game horizontally now, so you only get to see the beginning of each questline. There's gonna be a few plot twists later on in some routes too, but if you're expecting complex and engaging plotlines, this probably isn't the game for you xD
Is there a mechanic to keep par with all quest lines? Like, she'll be naked at the beach, but in other similar situations she'll be reticent. I understand you have a number of separate paths, so if she is reticent in some it would have to be for a bigger reason. It gets complex really fast. Research into Corruption (Boom's) had this issue. Once again, affective dialog options based upon base corruption/exhibition stat would be required if it doesn't make it too complicated.
You said you could follow one path to corruption, then flow all others later, so it will be silly if she's (for example) getting gangbanged on the beach stage, but still shy in the woods. The whole going from can't go nude to beach to fully accepting nudity after cheap suit dissolves was a fast jump, like peeing in a glass at the restaurant. She does advance quickly in public with strangers, but still weird with cousin.

• Red Heart

KyoukoSakura

Best Girl
Donor
Nov 23, 2022
Sounds good. I'll likely come back to the game once there's a lot more content, just not super into it anymore currently.

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Is there a mechanic to keep par with all quest lines? Like, she'll be naked at the beach, but in other similar situations she'll be reticent. I understand you have a number of separate paths, so if she is reticent in some it would have to be for a bigger reason. It gets complex really fast. Research into Corruption (Boom's) had this issue. Once again, affective dialog options based upon base corruption/exhibition stat would be required if it doesn't make it too complicated.
You said you could follow one path to corruption, then flow all others later, so it will be silly if she's (for example) getting gangbanged on the beach stage, but still shy in the woods. The whole going from can't go nude to beach to fully accepting nudity after cheap suit dissolves was a fast jump, like peeing in a glass at the restaurant. She does advance quickly in public with strangers, but still weird with cousin.
Yes, that's going to always be at least a little inconsistent, no matter how hard I try to write it well.

The way I'm going about it for now is staying consistent in the fact that May is embarrassed, but highly influenceable. So she's always reluctant about lewd things, but with the right context and someone to gave her a push, she may comply to things she wouldn't otherwise.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR For now you can expect a similar loop to keep happening, with more, lewder content being added as we get deeper in some questlines or access more advanced areas, but May's overall attitude remains mostly the same, being affected by the context. I hope that made sense! xD

Reactions: Bobber Tail

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
nice little update for some reason in the diary the groper progess is 0/3 even though i did do it ( even got the compleation message after leavleing the beach at night) and im guessing were getting a new charater soon based on the dairy progress checker

• Red Heart

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Question - ou are adding a whole lot of bizzare/fantasy (non-existing) stuff - like wolfmen and aliens. I don't have any problem with that, just wondering if you had plans for more.
Mermaids? Fairies? Dinosaurs? Space Adventure? Futas?

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
nice little update for some reason in the diary the groper progess is 0/3 even though i did do it ( even got the compleation message after leavleing the beach at night) and im guessing were getting a new charater soon based on the dairy progress checker
Yeah, I made a dumb little mistake and the diary is tracking the wrong variable for the Gropers. That's gonna be fixed in the next update.
And yes! 2 new characters are coming soon ;)

Question - ou are adding a whole lot of bizzare/fantasy (non-existing) stuff - like wolfmen and aliens. I don't have any problem with that, just wondering if you had plans for more.
Mermaids? Fairies? Dinosaurs? Space Adventure? Futas?
Got a fairy and a slime monster planned, but more will probably come. Lupi (the werewolf) is getting more content later, but don't expect every fantasy creature to have its own questline tho.

hans54

Sep 17, 2022
Rent a floaty at sunset (which is when Ember is in the beach) ;)

There's a folder called "save" in the game's root folder. It's all in there!
[/QUOTE
It's not saving for some reason so I created a folder named "save" and now it works. Thanks!

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
Yeah, I made a dumb little mistake and the diary is tracking the wrong variable for the Gropers. That's gonna be fixed in the next update.
And yes! 2 new characters are coming soon ;)

Got a fairy and a slime monster planned, but more will probably come. Lupi (the werewolf) is getting more content later, but don't expect every fantasy creature to have its own questline tho.
fairys damn your just adding everything great though i would second a futa would be nice. is the slime just slime or one of the kinds that can shap shift between forms

• Red Heart

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
fairys damn your just adding everything great though i would second a futa would be nice. is the slime just slime or one of the kinds that can shap shift between forms
I may add a fantasy creature that happens to be a futa too (considering some kind of shapeshifter), but that's still in the air.
The slime I had planned is just a blob that dissolves clothes, but......... damn, I wanna make it a slime girl now xD

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes