RPGM May's Summer Vacation [v0.04.0] [Otchakun]

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
Fun beginnings; I'll be checking on this from time to time.

Please get that damn TV fixed! Dad and Mom might have to go to the beach with May when she swims.
Dad is doing his best! xD
But well, I'm thinking about tying the TV to some quests involving May's parents. So it's likely it'll stay broken until I finally add it lol

Are there any games similar to this one guys?
From the top of my head, Daily Lives of my Countryside (RPG Maker sandbox with similar structure), EraHunter (also RPGM, but more on the ENF side) and Degrees of Lewdity (text-based but also a slice of life sandbox with many of the same themes). Those were my main inspirations for this game I suppose. But if anybody else has similar games in mind please share! I'd love to play them too! xD

alucard73

Jul 7, 2020
Dad is doing his best! xD
But well, I'm thinking about tying the TV to some quests involving May's parents. So it's likely it'll stay broken until I finally add it lol

From the top of my head, Daily Lives of my Countryside (RPG Maker sandbox with similar structure), EraHunter (also RPGM, but more on the ENF side) and Degrees of Lewdity (text-based but also a slice of life sandbox with many of the same themes). Those were my main inspirations for this game I suppose. But if anybody else has similar games in mind please share! I'd love to play them too! xD
There's The Exhibitionist, which is also pretty good, all women, no men, unfortunately no urination.
for my part, I'm just about to finish translating 0.03.0 into French, correcting everything that was wrong with the previous version of my translation.

Reactions: Otchakun

Pinkaccuracy

Nov 7, 2021
I really like this game, I played 0d02d0 prior and loved the atmosphere in the world then and still love it even though Jun and Ember I think got no extra content in 0d03d0.
I love the "we are bad guys, but not bad bad guys" ( reference to Zangief in Wreck It Ralph ) vibe that the groper gang kinda gives. Though they were a bit hard to find. Perhaps we can get some sparkly thingies on the floor that will pique the interest of the player to 'go there'.
Attached are my save files where #3 leads to just prior the cow abduction ( actually a 0d02d0 save ) and #10 leads to game completion where you have the "May's Diary" ( key items ) needed to ["recall events"> recollection room - wip] which is where the attached image is from. I figure it might help some people finding scenes they have missed or something.

Awesome game. Keep it up.

I kinda hope we get some black marker tug of war thing with Abby where the winner gets to paint something on the loser.

English is hard and I am doing my best.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Otchakun and _Nixi_

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
I really like this game, I played 0d02d0 prior and loved the atmosphere in the world then and still love it even though Jun and Ember I think got no extra content in 0d03d0.
I love the "we are bad guys, but not bad bad guys" ( reference to Zangief in Wreck It Ralph ) vibe that the groper gang kinda gives. Though they were a bit hard to find. Perhaps we can get some sparkly thingies on the floor that will pique the interest of the player to 'go there'.
Attached are my save files where #3 leads to just prior the cow abduction ( actually a 0d02d0 save ) and #10 leads to game completion where you have the "May's Diary" ( key items ) needed to ["recall events"> recollection room - wip] which is where the attached image is from. I figure it might help some people finding scenes they have missed or something.

Awesome game. Keep it up.

I kinda hope we get some black marker tug of war thing with Abby where the winner gets to paint something on the loser.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed!

It's gonna take a few updates, but you'll see why the Gropers have that code ;)
The idea for a lot of things in this update is that the player will naturally run into them from just playing, which is why they aren't always signposted. It's a little different now since it's the newest content and everyone wants to play it asap, but over time it's supposed to blend with the rest of the experience.

I like the marker idea, tho her games are based around her concoctions, but we'll see xD

Pinkaccuracy

Nov 7, 2021
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed!
:) Thank you for making it

It's gonna take a few updates, you'll see why the Gropers have that code ;)
I like that there is a reason for their methods. I like it that it is planned out, I love it that they are not just going to be cookie cutter unckles.

I like the marker idea, tho her games are based around her concoctions, but we'll see xD
Oh that is perfect. Just have Abby make some sort of beauty pen which you can use to touch up your skin. Then someone writes something on someone which will disapear in a bit, but during the chaos of who does what on who there is a mixup of real marker and beauty marker. Just spitballing here ( I hope I use that term right )

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
:) Thank you for making it

I like that there is a reason for their methods. I like it that it is planned out, I love it that they are not just going to be cookie cutter unckles.

Oh that is perfect. Just have Abby make some sort of beauty pen which you can use to touch up your skin. Then someone writes something on someone which will disapear in a bit, but during the chaos of who does what on who there is a mixup of real marker and beauty marker. Just spitballing here ( I hope I use that term right )

I probably won't use the marker in her route since I can't have it be dependent of another questline, but there're other content I wanna do outside of their main quests later on. Could be a fun game for a sleepover with all 4 characters!

And don't worry, English isn't my first language either xD

Pinkaccuracy

Nov 7, 2021
I got those scenes in order 1 3 2 and did not think it was odd. I think that is awesome.

Also I think I found a bug or oversight. When you go to the recollection room you are warned that you can not go back to the normal world and should save beforehand. You seemingly can get back to the normal world after doing the 3rd Jun scene, the one that involves the cow pyjamas and the aliens.

Otchakun

Game Developer
May 11, 2020
I got those scenes in order 1 3 2 and did not think it was odd. I think that is awesome.

Also I think I found a bug or oversight. When you go to the recollection room you are warned that you can not go back to the normal world and should save beforehand. You seemingly can get back to the normal world after doing the 3rd Jun scene, the one that involves the cow pyjamas and the aliens.
Glad you liked it! xD

And oops! Looks like I forgot to add the lines that return the player to the recollection room. Gotta fix that in the next update, thanks for pointing it out!

The reason I'm preventing the player from going back to normal play is because I'm sure replaying scenes is going to mess the game up since variables change around during cutscenes and I don't trust myself to write stuff in a way it's guaranteed to go back the way it was before. Maybe it'd work if I made a copy of the scenes that just don't manipulate numbers and work only for the recollection room, but those same variables also make the scenes branch out, so that's probably way too much work I could spend on new content instead lol (sorry if that didn't make much sense. I'm honestly not that good at programming either)

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes