4.50 star(s) 129 Votes

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Damn. So i assume he still hasn't made contact with you re: updates, even after his discord update from earlier in the month saying he was back to working? He has made no mention of pausing payments for this month unless i've missed it.
Nope, no contact with me yet. And I haven't seen anything get updated in our shared documents (where we develop story and renders). If he's working on something (he could have), he's doing it on his PC and haven't shared anything with me, yet.

Hmm, my understanding is that he stopped all payments, until the next release is out. I don't have any access to his patreon, so I guess that's true, right? I'm curious to know if anyone knows something different.

I'm trying to be fair and give the benefit of the doubt here, but I worry that he has a lot of work to do for this release. Even though the percentages were going up in the weekly updates, I didn't see any new renders after a point.

For ch4 there are 350+ renders and only 60 renders in the shared document. And I know that he wanted to re-render the first scene to up the quality. That means 20+ renders. So, my "conspiracy theory" is that for the rest of the scenes, in the past 9 months, he has done a few renders (which were shared as teasers), but he's nowhere close to the finished scenes. But, let's break it down:
  • From my point of view there are 290+ renders pending. If I had to do this kind of renders (with my still amateur experience), I'd take 3 months to do this (I can do about 100 renders per month).
  • Re-rendering about 20+ renders. That won't take much time because the scenes are already setup, they just need to be updated.
  • And don't forget that Suzinak also renders in 4K, where every slight imperfection is blatant. So a single render might take several renders/tweaking till it's final.
  • AND he wants to do realistic animations, that takes even more time to setup, animate and render. Again, everything in 4K.
  • Also, he has to develop the game (this doesn't have a lot of effort, but it takes some time), and add music.
  • At some point he has to share the renders with me to fine-tune the script and maybe alter the text to match the renders/animations.
So, if he starts now, it would take at least 4 months to make this kind of progress. And that's assuming he's dedicating a good amount of time on this project.

Now you can understand why I'm not optimistic. I don't expect any release for the next 2-3 months from Suzinak.

If there is, then my "conspiracy theories" are wrong :giggle:

1648675441067.png

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
Asmodeus_ don't take this the wrong way but openly speculating about him in a space he clearly doesn't want to be involved with, discussing him with people who are calling him a rotten scammy bastard etc. are probably not helping the lack of communications. Just sayin.
I respect that and I appreciate your kind advice, but I believe in transparency.
I prefer giving the hard truths, rather than leading people on or giving half-truths.

Don't forget, that I'm also disappointed by the lack of communication and what it could've been.

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
Hmm, my understanding is that he stopped all payments, until the next release is out. I don't have any access to his patreon, so I guess that's true, right? I'm curious to know if anyone knows something different.
You're right, i just checked the discord again and he's said 'paused payments until next release'.

He did estimate 4-6 weeks though at the start of the month but i won't be holding my breath, with all due respect to Suzinak.

Reactions: Asmodeus_

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
You're right, i just checked the discord again and he's said 'paused payments until next release'.

He did estimate 4-6 weeks though at the start of the month but i won't be holding my breath, with all due respect to Suzinak.
Thank you for sharing the information! :love:

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
I want to say. Half the reason I support this dev and game, is because the dev paused all subs until he can do work and continue the game. That is how it is done. I wish other devs would do that. It's such a great thing to see. When he returns my subs will be right there to push this to the finish line.

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
I want to say. Half the reason I support this dev and game, is because the dev paused all subs until he can do work and continue the game. That is how it is done. I wish other devs would do that. It's such a great thing to see. When he returns my subs will be right there to push this to the finish line.
Yeah, others should do that. But it all depends on the decency and ethics of the creator. And that’s very subjective. You can’t know that with a new creator.

What is really a grey area is how you can decide if a creator is good or bad.

Let’s say you see a game and you like it. How do you decide if you’ll support it? Do they post regularly? Do they communicate often? Do they share their plans for the next release, the next month, the next week?

What are the criteria?

Nubian king

Jan 25, 2021
ttll (come inside) and veqvil (love and submission) also did the same and many others.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BorgiaBou

WALKUR

Oct 21, 2020
Yeah, others should do that. But it all depends on the decency and ethics of the creator. And that’s very subjective. You can’t know that with a new creator.

What is really a grey area is how you can decide if a creator is good or bad.

Let’s say you see a game and you like it. How do you decide if you’ll support it? Do they post regularly? Do they communicate often? Do they share their plans for the next release, the next month, the next week?

What are the criteria?
It is important to support constantly communicating, posting regular updates. As far as I follow, there is a situation in this game that does not even contact you. It is not a situation that can be praised just because it paused the patreons. In my eyes, this game is already abandoned.

Reactions: Asmodeus_

Asmodeus_

Creator of Neuvau
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2020
It is important to support constantly communicating, posting regular updates. As far as I follow, there is a situation in this game that does not even contact you. It is not a situation that can be praised just because it paused the patreons. In my eyes, this game is already abandoned.
Yeah, that’s exactly what worries me. I agree with your point.

Let’s see what happens, I’m very curious to see what the future brings and if he manages to handle his time and make this move forward.

At this point I’m hesitating giving any updates on this game because we’re still going month-by-month wondering if it’s abandoned or not and if Suzinak will manage to find the time or not.

As I’ve said as soon as I get actual progress from him, I’ll update you. Everything else is just words. Now only actions matter.

Reactions: WackedWu and WALKUR
4.50 star(s) 129 Votes