VN Ren'Py Medieval Times [S2 Ch. 10 + S1 Ch. 7 Rework] [Luriel]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
No but, guys ... - are you for real...?
Go to their Patreon or Itchio, the viruses will not detect anything abnormal, then it will go directly from their original/official files, without any malicious adware or infested files.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I'm only talking about the first season in this comment.

The reason I decided to try this game is the graphics. I'm not into 3d characters but, here, they are very well done, more or less realistic. The only problem is the sperm that looks like toothpaste. The environment too is great : it's real like a photo.
The story overall is great. Though if we go into details, there are many problems. First, the rythm is really fast. After being forced to break up with Wendy, he immediately switches to gay relationships though he wasn't even interested before. And he goes bottom the first time (he is drunk but it doesn't explain why he is okay with it). He falls in love with Jeffery too easily.
Since we can only chose one location on the map, we miss some events that are hinted later. It's really confusing when you play the game for the first time.
The characters are various and very different. I'm happy we don't see anymore M. Tarik (a little with Amok's brother).

I understand it's a demand from the patreons but the game could still have stayed bi with some het scenes from time to time.

The masturbation games for choosing the position are annoying.

Some events could have been handled differently. The break up scene with Wendy is heartbreaking. The same with the scene with the father when he chooses to go see his mother. The incest scene with Conrad came out of nowhere since none of them has shown any interest before. If Jeff kills Dragan, nothing happens. You can encounter Aiden without having met Borkkar.

What is the use of the inventory? It's always empty.
The same with the money. We gain some at the brothel and it can only be used for Acteon (and Aiden too but what's the point in an adult game to skip sex scenes...).

I still miss 3 galleries so I won't start the season 2 before finishing season 1. I didn't even try the mini games.

The game is heavy. I wasn't able to put the RAR on my external hard drive. I have to be more careful in the future.

And I've come across a bug. I've tried an online version and the problem is there too. If someone knows what to do, I may be able to explore the game further (cf files).

The game is good. But it could have been better if it was made with more care and explanations.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Oh, Luriel's Patreon page is marked as "under review" by their Trust and safety team, I hope everything will be good :(

perles75

May 16, 2020
Hello.

I'm only talking about the first season in this comment.

The reason I decided to try this game is the graphics. I'm not into 3d characters but, here, they are very well done, more or less realistic. The only problem is the sperm that looks like toothpaste. The environment too is great : it's real like a photo.
The story overall is great. Though if we go into details, there are many problems. First, the rythm is really fast. After being forced to break up with Wendy, he immediately switches to gay relationships though he wasn't even interested before. And he goes bottom the first time (he is drunk but it doesn't explain why he is okay with it). He falls in love with Jeffery too easily.
Since we can only chose one location on the map, we miss some events that are hinted later. It's really confusing when you play the game for the first time.
The characters are various and very different. I'm happy we don't see anymore M. Tarik (a little with Amok's brother).

I understand it's a demand from the patreons but the game could still have stayed bi with some het scenes from time to time.

The masturbation games for choosing the position are annoying.

Some events could have been handled differently. The break up scene with Wendy is heartbreaking. The same with the scene with the father when he chooses to go see his mother. The incest scene with Conrad came out of nowhere since none of them has shown any interest before. If Jeff kills Dragan, nothing happens. You can encounter Aiden without having met Borkkar.

What is the use of the inventory? It's always empty.
The same with the money. We gain some at the brothel and it can only be used for Acteon (and Aiden too but what's the point in an adult game to skip sex scenes...).

I still miss 3 galleries so I won't start the season 2 before finishing season 1. I didn't even try the mini games.

The game is heavy. I wasn't able to put the RAR on my external hard drive. I have to be more careful in the future.

And I've come across a bug. I've tried an online version and the problem is there too. If someone knows what to do, I may be able to explore the game further (cf files).

The game is good. But it could have been better if it was made with more care and explanations.
My feeling is that the dev had very ambitious plans at the beginning but it bit more than he could chew, which induced the almost total collapse of the story (too much branching that in the end led to nowhere). Season 2, despite the rather insane idea of making two totally separate storylines, is much more linear (on each branch), which is probably the level he can handle.
But yes, this game is frustrating, especially because you can -see- how good it could have been!

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

My feeling is that the dev had very ambitious plans at the beginning but it bit more than he could chew, which induced the almost total collapse of the story (too much branching that in the end led to nowhere). Season 2, despite the rather insane idea of making two totally separate storylines, is much more linear (on each branch), which is probably the level he can handle.
But yes, this game is frustrating, especially because you can -see- how good it could have been!
Yes, it could have been interesting if all the premises were having content. I've seen other games in which the dev was adding more content on earlier work so there could be hope but I'm doubtful with this one since he'd have to add a straight or bi path and for that he would need other characters (particularly women). And I don't think Mr Tarik will ever approve the relationship between the MC and Wendy.
As for season 2, I'm waiting for it to be finishing to know where it's leading.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Hello.

Yes, it could have been interesting if all the premises were having content. I've seen other games in which the dev was adding more content on earlier work so there could be hope but I'm doubtful with this one since he'd have to add a straight or bi path and for that he would need other characters (particularly women). And I don't think Mr Tarik will ever approve the relationship between the MC and Wendy.
As for season 2, I'm waiting for it to be finishing to know where it's leading.
I think a leaner, simpler part 1 with less branches, more cured characters and storyline could have been a really nice product. But here the dev had a too ambitious plan to start with and the course-correct happened too late. Luriel is actually reworking on part 1 but I think it's more bug ironing, adding the walkthrough and stuff like that. I don't think we'll have a season 1 where the actual content changes.
Personally, the most annoying thing is that everything you do in season one, except the very final decision, has no consequence whatsoever, because season 2 starts as a clean slate. Messy and inconsequential is pretty frustrating.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Yeah ... getting that unavoidable rape outta there might make it right ...
I actually didn't mind that in itself, but it should have been a sort of pivotal point for the character with related consequences, instead it's kind of brushed away very quickly and never mentioned or remembered anymore.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I think a leaner, simpler part 1 with less branches, more cured characters and storyline could have been a really nice product. But here the dev had a too ambitious plan to start with and the course-correct happened too late. Luriel is actually reworking on part 1 but I think it's more bug ironing, adding the walkthrough and stuff like that. I don't think we'll have a season 1 where the actual content changes.
Personally, the most annoying thing is that everything you do in season one, except the very final decision, has no consequence whatsoever, because season 2 starts as a clean slate. Messy and inconsequential is pretty frustrating.
You made me want to retry the game. I even learned that I can ignore the error message I mentionned before and continue that path. Though I still have a gallery I can't seem to unlock.
You're not wrong about it. You have to try every possibility (3 or 4 choices every time the map appear... + the choices of who you want to encounter that day) to understand the wholeness of the first season. Otherwise some sentences seem to make no sense (like you can talk to Aiden about Borkkar without even having met him like in my first playthrough...). But the game is still pleasant.
I can't talk about season 2 but I'll trust you on it though I still don't understand that separation of the 2 paths :
if you decide to rest in the village, you should still be able to meet Arzhu and Garot (maybe even visit the fort);
if you decide to leave, you can always come back to meet everyone.
Well, that's just how I feel. Plus Borkkar went home so nothing more?

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes