VN Ren'Py Medieval Times [S2 Ch. 10 + S1 Ch. 7 Rework] [Luriel]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Mayrun

Feb 12, 2019
Based on the tags and preview pictures I was expecting at least a more balance hetero and gay scenes, but from what I could tell towards a good portion of season one the ratio was like 90+% towards gay. That disclaimer in the OP about unavoidable gay scenes I think it should be a lot more clearer by saying this is basically a gay game.
It started more balanced, but early on devepment all the straight patreons left because "how dare he add gay content" and so dev just decided to make it gay because that's what his actual paying customers wanted.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Unavoidable Gay/Rape Scenes for your enjoyment
:ROFLMAO:
:rolleyes:bye
I love that sentence :ROFLMAO: (although, to be fair, there are very few compared to the rest)

Based on the tags and preview pictures I was expecting at least a more balance hetero and gay scenes, but from what I could tell towards a good portion of season one the ratio was like 90+% towards gay. That disclaimer in the OP about unavoidable gay scenes I think it should be a lot more clearer by saying this is basically a gay game.
Yeah I can understand the annoyance... there's no straight scenes beyond the first two chapters of the first season (this is one instance of the classic "straight guy tastes his first dick and his hole becomes a train gallery after two scenes") so the fact that they are so prominent in the first post images is really misleading.

Dyson

Jun 12, 2017
Hadn't seen this game update in quite some time, I almost forgot about its existence. The game still developing so I suppose I can't complain. Maybe it'll have something interesting this time around.

Dyson

Jun 12, 2017
It started more balanced, but early on devepment all the straight patreons left because "how dare he add gay content" and so dev just decided to make it gay because that's what his actual paying customers wanted.
Yeah several games I've seen over the past few years that have started off as a balanced sexual content for player's choice, have been ruined by homophobic straight guys whenever a dev adds gay content for the gay audience. This in turn ruins it for the non-homophobic straight guys who isn't bothered nor care if the dev has gay content, just as long as they have the option to avoid it in general and have lots of straight content to enjoy is all that matters to them. So whenever a large portion of straight players stop supporting the game simply because of gay content in game, leaves only a large portion of gay/bi players to continue supporting it, shifting the game that was once balanced towards 70-99% of homosexual content.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Yeah several games I've seen over the past few years that have started off as a balanced sexual content for player's choice, have been ruined by homophobic straight guys whenever a dev adds gay content for the gay audience. This in turn ruins it for the non-homophobic straight guys who isn't bothered nor care if the dev has gay content, just as long as they have the option to avoid it in general and have lots of straight content to enjoy is all that matters to them. So whenever a large portion of straight players stop supporting the game simply because of gay content in game, leaves only a large portion of gay/bi players to continue supporting it, shifting the game that was once balanced towards 70-99% of homosexual content.
TBH, I don't think it turns out this way because "There's not straight people paying for this Patroen"- they are not hired hands work only for commissions.
The dev might initially thought about making wider variety - since it no doubt will make more money / bring in more audiences. But it's not how thing works.
Like many similar game, most likely the dev just find what type of game they want to make down the line.
For this one, even with some heterosexual scenes in the beginning, it really not feel like one of "straight" to start with.

Dyson

Jun 12, 2017
TBH, I don't think it turns out this way because "There's not straight people paying for this Patroen"- they are not hired hands work only for commissions.
The dev might initially thought about making wider variety - since it no doubt will make more money / bring in more audiences. But it's not how thing works.
Like many similar game, most likely the dev just find what type of game they want to make down the line.
For this one, even with some heterosexual scenes in the beginning, it really not feel like one of "straight" to start with.
That's understandable. I haven't really thought about it like that. I always thought or at the very least, led to believe that a developer would always cater towards whichever audience brings in the bigger payouts, that determines which kinds of content gets pushed out and which stays in, kinda like a balancing scale sort to speak. Like if there's more ppl paying for gay content and fewer ppl paying for straight content for whatever reason, then the stronger audience will likely get most focused on in terms of gameplay and updates. But after reading your post, got me thinking of games like Lustful Desires never really was intended to be straight or balanced sexual content game even though hetero content exists in the game, so I definitely see your point about it. I guess if I was in a dev's shoes as far as a developer developing a game for a broad audience, I most likely too would probably eventually end up making content that's more of what I may want the direction of the game to be than allow myself to be influenced by others even if part of the audience may not like gay or straight content depending on the whichever I focuses more on. Knowing me, I'd probably lose all my Patreons not for the lack of sexual content, but for the fact I can't fix bug issues or draw art to save my own life lol. I'd be a laughingstock for days :ROFLMAO:. Anyways you are very wise, and I respect that. If by chance I'm being misled by other ppl's posts, or if I needed to be corrected like today, feel free to give me corrective criticism for sometimes I definitely need to be corrected especially if I misunderstood or am wrong about something.

Reactions: nackedsnake

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
That's understandable. I haven't really thought about it like that. I always thought or at the very least, led to believe that a developer would always cater towards whichever audience brings in the bigger payouts, that determines which kinds of content gets pushed out and which stays in, kinda like a balancing scale sort to speak. Like if there's more ppl paying for gay content and fewer ppl paying for straight content for whatever reason, then the stronger audience will likely get most focused on in terms of gameplay and updates. But after reading your post, got me thinking of games like Lustful Desires never really was intended to be straight or balanced sexual content game even though hetero content exists in the game, so I definitely see your point about it. I guess if I was in a dev's shoes as far as a developer developing a game for a broad audience, I most likely too would probably eventually end up making content that's more of what I may want the direction of the game to be than allow myself to be influenced by others even if part of the audience may not like gay or straight content depending on the whichever I focuses more on. Knowing me, I'd probably lose all my Patreons not for the lack of sexual content, but for the fact I can't fix bug issues or draw art to save my own life lol. I'd be a laughingstock for days :ROFLMAO:. Anyways you are very wise, and I respect that. If by chance I'm being misled by other ppl's posts, or if I needed to be corrected like today, feel free to give me corrective criticism for sometimes I definitely need to be corrected especially if I misunderstood or am wrong about something.
Don't stress over it. It's not about "right" or "wrong", but different perspectives / angles.
I'm sure there're devs that only drive by Money / Market.
But creating game is a craft, a creation. I don't think you can really make something good just by following what "audience want / paid for / trend".
On the contrary, people pay / follow because you created something good. Thus I wouldn't worry about losing audience by creating what you enjoy and good at. Those leaving cuz of your content type ain't someone you should aim to keep.
This is especially true for indie devs.
Like we all'r bickering about those "Half-assed gay contents" in "straight games", cuz those devs shouldn't try to attract gay audience to begin with. Those are bad, and nobody asked for it.

Reactions: Dyson

crystal80

Feb 23, 2020
The game is just getting better and better, but is there any chance of getting the extra videos collection that are not in the game?

Reactions: ppadjake

rasham1

Sep 2, 2019
I'm getting stuck at the camp fire in chapter 8. I don't know how to follow as non part of the screen is even active

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes