HTML Completed Meeting Keeley [tlaero & phreaky]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
something seems to be wrong, i follow the WT but it doesnt let me find jessica at the end of the first day :/
Nothing wrong with the walkthrough. Turns out to be the damn Chrome browser for some reason. Wouldn't allow me to do saves either. I switched to Internet Explorer and everything worked fine. WTF Google?

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
The very early games used cookies to save the state, and Chrome disallowed local cookies. I remember back in the day that there was a command line you could pass to Chrome to allow local cookies, but I don't remember what it was. Newer games switched to a scheme that Chrome liked better, and I thought I ported this game to it as well, but apparently I didn't. Sorry. )-:

Of course, it's been over a decade since this game came out, and a lot has changed on the web in that time.

Tlaero

Reactions: AmanRocky

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Of course, all that being said, I just noticed that none of the links in this thread point to the official version. I don't actually remember if I updated the code to use the Chrome-compatible storage, but if I did, I would have put it here:

Edit: I just checked and the code only uses cookies. So downloading it from the real location won't help. And, ick, this is back when I was still doing individual html files! Yeah, things have definitely changed over the years...

Tlaero

Last edited:

Brocho

Aug 15, 2017
It's a shame this doesn't seem to work properly on the newer browsers. I was really hoping to see how well I could get through these classic games. Do the other three work better?

Edit: Having assumed that Edge replaced IE, I didn't realise until just now that it was still possible to use the old browser, and the game still runs fine on it. I just got one of the endings on the first attempt, so it seems I still remember the game pretty well.

Last edited:

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
At the very least, the Anniversary Edition of Getting to Know Christine should work in modern browsers. I suspect that Coffee for Kiesha probably still works too. I see above that I looked at MK's code and it was super old. I don't remember the state of Life with Keeley.

Tlaero

Brocho

Aug 15, 2017
Despite their age, these games are still really fun to play. The main endings for MK were super easy to get, but I'd forgotten just how hard it is to get all the daydreaming endings. One in particular took me an age, but I got there. I reached the end of GtkC on the first attempt, but getting enough points for the bonus ending took a lot of tries. I'm moving on to LwK now, which I remember was my favourite back in the day, mainly because it's so different from everything else you've done. Plus I've always loved phreaky's original design for Keeley. It's really nice going back and seeing her again.

Edit: In fact, seeing Keeley again has inspired me to finally set myself an avatar. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: oszapo25 and Tlaero

Lishishur29

Nov 19, 2021
Hello does anyone know what all the achievements are? I'm struggling to get all of them with the walkthrough

CidWayne

May 26, 2022
I'm a bit late to these types of games, but boy I've been enjoying! Though uh, as a completionist gamer, Im finding it hard to figure out how to do all 12 Achievements. I've even the time and a couple notebook pages to map out the options and endings. I have 9/12 so far, but seriously can't figure out the rest. Is it cause I'm only playing hard mode?
Also considering I'm new to these, anymore suggestions after I (finally) beat this one?

Much Love, keep up the great work <3
Cid

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Thank you for playing! This game was forever ago, and I don't really remember the achievements. Which ones are you missing?

Tlaero

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes