Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-06-18] [Melissa N.]

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
They hadn't met Andrew before either. Marina's mom would have presumably known him very well and would probably have been the one describing him to Nikos, Eva, and Sofia. Plus, how would Marina even explain this whole situation to her mom?
Hmm... well, I think it's highly unlikely that Marina's mom is going to be introduced as a character at this point. She's only been mentioned once, in passing, and that was simply to explain Marina's relation to Nikos.

Plus there's another person who seems to be orchestrating events to some degree: Joanna. I don't know how she fits into this theory, but then again I have no idea how she fits into any of the theories we've come up with so far.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
You have valid points, but let's envision a scenario where Nikos already has a M2F fetish and/or he was in love with Giuseppe. The Giuseppe story seems rather out of place unless it's important, so let's assume it is. So something kept Giuseppe and Nikos apart- maybe he died, or he wasn't into men, or circumstances just caused them to drift away from each other. And Nikos has been single all these years because he's never been able to find anyone like Giuseppe... until now. Maybe Andrew resembles Giuseppe, or maybe "Elena" does, and he's coming on to Nikos every time he's drunk, they're pretending to be married, maybe Nikos already knows about the problems in Marina's marriage, Andrew is telling Nikos he wants to be exactly the person Nikos has been looking for all his life, and Nikos just... lets it happen. Yes he'd feel guilty about betraying Marina, but desire wins out. I think that would be somewhat believable.
I've read enough AITA (am I the asshole) posts on reddit to know that (assuming even a fraction of them are true) people are self serving enough to ignore warning signs for their own desires. This reminds me a lot of a post where a guy was asking if he was the asshole because his wife is upset with him and moved out. And the reason for this is because his "best friend" has moved in and has been with them for months, is really good with the kids, etc. And the more posts this guy posted, despite his denial, it starts becoming clear that the OP is likely a closeted homosexual is in love with his best friend. And the real reason his wife is upset is because he is effectively trying to have a marriage with his best friend and he's expecting her to be alright with it.

But like the judgement of the people in that thread, he's still an asshole, and at best, I'd still consider Nikos a narcissistic jerk pursuing "Elena" while Marina is there. And at some point being "passively complicit" is just being "complicit", right? Like, let's really take a step back: the whole reason at all this is happening is because Nikos suggested Andrew pretend to be Elena in the first place. At no point through any of this has Nikos ever tapped the brakes or helped look for an out so that Andrew can return to normal. So even if he's not the mastermind, he's basically been on team "let's keep Andrew feminized" since the beginning.

They hadn't met Andrew before either. Marina's mom would have presumably known him very well and would probably have been the one describing him to Nikos, Eva, and Sofia. Plus, how would Marina even explain this whole situation to her mom?
That's why I have a problem with all the "Marina's family don't think Andrew's a worthwhile catch" theories. Nikos, Eva, and Sofia have never met Andrew before. And apparently, they weren't concerned enough or a part of Marina's life enough to have protest the marriage before she married Andrew. I actually do think that Marina's mom is a better fit for the narrative of "let's get rid of Andrew", except for the fact that she's not shown up yet in over 1000 pages. Not that it's impossible to introduce a character this late, but it would feel like a bit of an asspull at this point...

That said, that doesn't mean that Nikos, Eva, and Sofia don't have other reasons to wish to feminize Andrew. I just don't think it's necessarily "Andrew" that's the problem. It could be they need Marina available to marry into another crime family or something if indeed, Nikos' family is actually a high ranking crime family or something.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Plus there's another person who seems to be orchestrating events to some degree: Joanna. I don't know how she fits into this theory, but then again I have no idea how she fits into any of the theories we've come up with so far.
There is a theory that she fits into... ;)

It could be they need Marina available to marry into another crime family or something if indeed, Nikos' family is actually a high ranking crime family or something.
Interesting! I'll have to think about that theory. I have had suspicions that Eva and Sofia are not really his daughters.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I've read enough AITA (am I the asshole) posts on reddit to know that (assuming even a fraction of them are true) people are self serving enough to ignore warning signs for their own desires. This reminds me a lot of a post where a guy was asking if he was the asshole because his wife is upset with him and moved out. And the reason for this is because his "best friend" has moved in and has been with them for months, is really good with the kids, etc. And the more posts this guy posted, despite his denial, it starts becoming clear that the OP is likely a closeted homosexual is in love with his best friend. And the real reason his wife is upset is because he is effectively trying to have a marriage with his best friend and he's expecting her to be alright with it.

But like the judgement of the people in that thread, he's still an asshole, and at best, I'd still consider Nikos a narcissistic jerk pursuing "Elena" while Marina is there. And at some point being "passively complicit" is just being "complicit", right? Like, let's really take a step back: the whole reason at all this is happening is because Nikos suggested Andrew pretend to be Elena in the first place. At no point through any of this has Nikos ever tapped the brakes or helped look for an out so that Andrew can return to normal. So even if he's not the mastermind, he's basically been on team "let's keep Andrew feminized" since the beginning.
I don't disagree with any of that. But I think there's a pretty big difference between "selfish" and "evil". If Nikos is merely selfish and is in love with Elena, that makes him more sympathetic and perhaps forgivable, especially if Marina also finds happiness with someone else. If Nikos has been orchestrating everything all along, feminizing Andrew against his will and destroying his original personality in the process, that makes him pretty unredeemable and you could never make the argument that he "loves" Elena. He'd just be using her as a sex slave. This would be a much darker story. Not to mention this version only really makes sense if Marina is in on it, because otherwise why would he choose Andrew specifically for this "project"?

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
Exactly!

Eh, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary. All of them are staying in or working at Nikos' hotel, so the odds of various hotel guests bumping into each other in the lobby are pretty high.
Oh right. I assumed Nikos had several hotels, as there's no way I believe the lobby we see in these last couple of pages belong to a hotel that has the outside we've seen before. My mind refuses to accept those are the interior and exterior of the same hotel. But I guess they are, aren't they.

This would follow if we prescribe to the "Nikos is evil" theory. I've been going back and forth on that, but currently I don't think he's evil.
I think he's manipulative to mold people into getting what he wants. Is it 'evil Nikos' if ultimately Andrew is happy, well taken care of and embracing his new life?

Because James is the one going around openly calling himself her Husband. If you take everything at face value, there's a number of reasons why this would be upsetting for Marina.

1) If her family is in danger/under surveillance, she might not want to endanger the life of someone that's uninvolved.
2) She doesn't want Andrew to hear and think that she's been unfaithful.
3) She doesn't want the rest of her family to hear and again, invite questions of infidelity. One of the things we're told by Niko's daughters is that (supposedly) Marina values loyalty above all else. That was the justification for apparently them all insisting that Andrew honor the promise he doesn't remember making.
Marina fled to Crete to think things over after Andrew agreed to be Nikos' wife for an evening. Somehow she interpreted that as a coming out of the closet moment, without talking to him.

The fact those conversations should have happened between Marina and Andrew directly, but were instead had with the cousins as an intermediary I feel are the number one reason there's a rift starting between the couple. They didn't grow apart, they were pushed apart because they were unable to communicate directly. The 'daughters' also took Andrews phone away and refuse to give Marinas number, so he isn't able to talk to her.
But Marina knew exactly where Andrew was. Did she ever try to get in touch with him? Were there messages that were withheld by anyone, preventing her and Andrew from communicating in those days she was in Crete?

If she didn't get in touch with the person she loves most in the world, is she really such a caring person to give a shoot what happens to some guy she doesn't know and (as she claims) talked to for an entire couple of hours and comes dangerously close to stalking her? Is that really the kind of person Marina is, with everything she's done to Andrew before?

I don't know. I think she's right to fear people questioning her fidelity. And that's the point. I don't think she's telling the entire story.
If she did remain loyal to Andrew in Crete, the only thing that would make sense to me is she's afraid of an extortion scheme.

I mean, she also doesn't mention being threatened with a gun (page 1117). You could argue she didn't mention James for the same reason she didn't mention the gun. Or, the same reason why a husband will say he's meeting an old college friend "Sam", and doesn't bother explaining that Sam is short for Samantha. Even if nothing happened or will happen, if you consider the situation "closed", you might not want to have to explain and defend yourself over a "non-issue". Especially if we're all saying that their relationship is in a rough patch.
I think leaving an aspect out of the story that ultimately doesn't really matter to the big scheme of things like the gun is less suss than trying to change the topic like she does.
Marina is an American journalist. It wouldn't surprise me if she's seen a gun before, so it may not be that startling to her. Especially as the man wielding it leaves as easily as he did. Which to me points to James being a plant, for what it's worth. He used the bald guy to get into the good graces of Marina, he helped her out and later he approaches her again. He isn't an innocent bystander. She may not know that, but I definitely assume he's a player into the bigger game. And if he is, he would want to do things to either drive a further wedge between her and Marina or to use her to get closer to the family on behalf of someone else.
If that is indeed the goal of James, what would stop him from trying to seduce Marina even though she's said she's married?

I don't really know/care if it goes either direction other than whether it makes sense once we see the full picture. Right now, Nikos being a passive participant doesn't ring true to me. We've got very little characterization for him personality wise, but from a behavior stand point the one thing we have seen is that he seems awfully eager to be making out and fucking his niece's husband once femmed. That seems a bit beyond "lonely rich guy is eager to reconnect with someone and when the opportunity comes will leap on it" and more towards "seems like this guy wants something and seems willing to take things down his preferred direction." Going back to Page 68, him getting on one knee and proposing always felt weird to me. It wasn't done playfully, it was something Nikos intent on doing. Same with him making out with his niece's former husband in front of her. There's keeping up appearances, but then there's making a show of it. And often, his actions seem to lean on the later, in my interpretation.
I agree with your interpretation in that last sentence. I don't trust Nikos in being innocent. He may be only using the situation as presented to him and it may only be his daughters outside of his knowledge feminising a guy to mold him a new wife. That may be what's going on too. But I think he has a more active hand into things than that.

Alicia Mae

Dec 13, 2023
It should be interesting to find out if Joel is meeting Marina for the first time in the lobby. Does James introduce himself as Marina’s husband? In front of Joel, Nikos may feel obligated to give James and Marina a free stay to keep up appearances. I think it’s ironic that Andrew is being investigated by Mr. Toska while James is the one who seems poised to blackmail the family.

I’m excited to see which piece of this flashback breaks Andrew so badly. It must be something Marina tells him, and then we see the aftermath in the hospital. Poor Andrew is going to go full Elena right in front of his wife, then hurry to the salon for a makeover.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
It should be interesting to find out if Joel is meeting Marina for the first time in the lobby. Does James introduce himself as Marina’s husband? In front of Joel, Nikos may feel obligated to give James and Marina a free stay to keep up appearances. I think it’s ironic that Andrew is being investigated by Mr. Toska while James is the one who seems poised to blackmail the family.

I’m excited to see which piece of this flashback breaks Andrew so badly. It must be something Marina tells him, and then we see the aftermath in the hospital. Poor Andrew is going to go full Elena right in front of his wife, then hurry to the salon for a makeover.
I'm thinking it is not something Marina says because this would probably be the time that they set up the code word to communicate with. Marina seems surprised when Andrew/Elena doesn't respond to it at the dinner. So my assumption is that when Marina leaves the hospital room in this part, everything seems on track.
If I had to guess, it would be Joanna doing something, since she seems to always be there just before a big shift in things. Does she show up with the bald guy she is supposedly married to? Seems unlikely as Elena only vaguely recognized his photo a few days later (although her memory at that point is really messed up, so who knows?) Toska? Big longshot.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I'm thinking it is not something Marina says because this would probably be the time that they set up the code word to communicate with. Marina seems surprised when Andrew/Elena doesn't respond to it at the dinner. So my assumption is that when Marina leaves the hospital room in this part, everything seems on track.
If I had to guess, it would be Joanna doing something, since she seems to always be there just before a big shift in things. Does she show up with the bald guy she is supposedly married to? Seems unlikely as Elena only vaguely recognized his photo a few days later (although her memory at that point is really messed up, so who knows?) Toska? Big longshot.
Yeah, I don't think it's triggered by Marina. Every other instance of memory loss has been preceded by Joanna drugging Andrew so I'm assuming that will happen again. According to Angeliki, Elena went straight to the salon after checking out of the hospital, so something must happen there. Or maybe he gets drugged right before leaving the hospital and that's why he agrees to go to the salon and have god-knows-what done to him. Though you'd think Marina would want to be there when he checks out, and she'd want to take him straight home, so there must be something to explain why that didn't happen.

Last edited:

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
Aphrodites mirror thought :
Is Aphrodite doing to the same thing to others here besides Andrew? At least according to her, she is just giving him his "truth" or real desire. Could he be doing the same with the daughters - giving them a mother. Nikos a wife, James a wife, even Toska a good family man business partner? Maybe some of them have been visited by Joanna as well and are affected - she always shows up to Andrew alone ( or once with Dimitri who is not part of the inner circle).

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
A Kpop Idol (Chapter 8 Part 2):
I was really excited by this development... then I got a bit confused...

So I think the exciting part is potentially controlling hearing to instill some subliminal messaging, or reinforcement. Sounds great. Plus, having Nick deafened and relying only on someone else for sound is a delightful bit of loss of control. So far so good.

I'm a bit confused as to this exercise though? So Nick is supposed to be forced to practice Korean. But he can't hear anyone else other than whoever has the mic. Like, I suppose if they left Nick in a room with all English speakers, it would appear as if he couldn't understand them... but it's not training/conditioning him to lose English proficiency. Plus... she hasn't muted him. So he could one-sided annoy her in English without any "real" punishment...?

I was writing an Idol tf story, and part of what I came up with was that before the feminization was really underway, a device was implanted in the neck to give a light vibration to signal if the character was singing in tune. Due to a "malfunction", the device was giving a more painful shock, and was triggering whenever the character spoke in too deep of a voice. Hopefully, MelissaN will have some creative uses for her device.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
A Kpop Idol (Chapter 8 Part 2):
Thank you!

Interesting update! I like the idea of using the hearing aid shaped devices for language immersion. I'm not an audiologist so I'm not sure whether or not having those sealed in would cause any problems. Maybe issues with ear wax build up, as someone mentioned in the comments. Overall, I think the idea is clever and semi-realistic.

I really would like to see some of Minji's internal thoughts and some hints at her motivation. My headcanon is that she is a manipulative little femdom mistress but Melissa hasn't revealed anything about her. I like to believe that Minji truly likes Nick/Nabi-ya and the transformation is being done out of love, albeit selfish, misguided, and arguably abusive (fits a femdom or lezdom relationship). I know that Melissa loves to keep her secrets but it isn't always necessary to do so and in some cases, it would add much more depth and richness to the story.

Reactions: antiumbra