Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-06-23] [Melissa N.]

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
I very much understand why this would be annoying to some, but it's not annoying to me- yet. Mind control/hypnosis was the obvious answer to the mystery. Everyone would have just assumed that was the answer and the story would have been a lot less mysterious as a result (up until the reveal that it isn't hypnosis). By coming out and saying that it isn't hypnosis, Melissa eliminates the only obvious answer and invites a great deal of fantastic speculatio
I very much understand why this would be annoying to some, but it's not annoying to me- yet. Mind control/hypnosis was the obvious answer to the mystery. Everyone would have just assumed that was the answer and the story would have been a lot less mysterious as a result (up until the reveal that it isn't hypnosis). By coming out and saying that it isn't hypnosis, Melissa eliminates the only obvious answer and invites a great deal of fantastic speculation. It keeps the community more engaged. Now, perhaps it would have been more elegant for Melissa to eliminate the possibility of hypnosis within the story itself, but I'm still satisfied with how things are unfolding so far regardless.

As for the dream, I really don't think Melissa was trying to open up the possibility of supernatural elements at all. It's clearly a dream- a window into Andrew's psyche layered with symbolism. I could be wrong, but when I read it I didn't think there was any question of that.
I didn't really watch the show Lost, but this seems similar - there a lot of stuff to chew on, a lot if it may be misdirection. Either intentional or unintentional (sloppiness), but it can be fascinating to speculate. It it can just be annoying. Especially if it isn't tied up in a purposeful, consistent way.
This could end up a horrible mess where we all go "?????? Really????"
I think some of our more complex scenarios probably are wrong just because I don't think Melissa had the intention to make a story so complex and intricate. But if she is going to include all these off details, let's have at it.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I didn't really watch the show Lost, but this seems similar - there a lot of stuff to chew on, a lot if it may be misdirection. Either intentional or unintentional (sloppiness), but it can be fascinating to speculate. It it can just be annoying. Especially if it isn't tied up in a purposeful, consistent way.
This could end up a horrible mess where we all go "?????? Really????"
I think some of our more complex scenarios probably are wrong just because I don't think Melissa had the intention to make a story so complex and intricate. But if she is going to include all these off details, let's have at it.
Yes, it will absolutely depend on the payoff. Everyone loved Lost until the end, when it became clear that the writers were just making things up as they went along without any plan for how to tie things together or resolve them in a satisfying way. The equivalent would be if Melissa just put that first Joanna scene into the story because it seemed cool and mysterious without giving any thought as to Joanna's motivations or what the pill was actually doing to Andrew. I still have faith that Melissa knew exactly what Joanna's role in the story would be when she first introduced her. I could be wrong, and the whole story could come crashing down in an unsatisfying, unresolved mess at the end, but it's way more fun to be optimistic.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Yes, it will absolutely depend on the payoff. Everyone loved Lost until the end, when it became clear that the writers were just making things up as they went along without any plan for how to tie things together or resolve them in a satisfying way. The equivalent would be if Melissa just put that first Joanna scene into the story because it seemed cool and mysterious without giving any thought as to Joanna's motivations or what the pill was actually doing to Andrew. I still have faith that Melissa knew exactly what Joanna's role in the story would be when she first introduced her. I could be wrong, and the whole story could come crashing down in an unsatisfying, unresolved mess at the end, but it's way more fun to be optimistic.
Lost, or look at West World Season 2 vs Season 1. Season 1 set up a mystery (that you weren't even aware was a mystery), and with the final payoff, re-contextualized the oddities into an interesting payoff.

Season 2 had all sorts of dialogue, imagery, and symbolism that literally led nowhere, and in hindsight has no in universe explanation. And a large part of it was that the writers anticipated that people were examining it that much closer, so they tried to even more "mysterious". But in doing so, made a mess of their story, themes, and characterization.

Or for the younger people, mascot horror is dominated by the obsession with hidden lore and trying to piece together a story.

I think MelissaN does have a story planned. So I don't think for a second she's making it up as she goes along, but I do think it's being actively written (as in, it's not as if she has a finished, typed out story and has the luxury of editing the whole thing with all the hindsight). I do also think that she's not been as careful as she needs to be. Thus she's left in dialogue that can contradict the actual story events, or had characters behave in a way or say things that upon scrutiny, don't hold up. That's just a natural consequence of having over 1000 pages of material that's been released slowly over time.

Despite my rather unflattering criticisms, I genuinely hope this practice with longer form storytelling does help MelissaN continue to improve as a writer. After all, you really can't improve without putting pen to paper. Most of us have the luxury of hiding our drafts in some dark corner of our hard drives, so I don't envy having to put work out there just to help pay the bills.

Jackjons

Dec 1, 2023
Well meslissa said , there is no mind control/hypnosis, and yes it's true, there is no mind control/hypnosis, but there is " thought manipulation" , thought manipulation is totally different from mind control or hypnosis, but what the matter, both's results is almost same , (4=4 , and 2+2 =4 ) results is same , prrooses maybe different, outcome is same , so technically Melissa is right,
And please don't offend, I feel A.M , is not gender bender comic anymore, it's become a adult mystery comics, ...
.I don't know what is she experimenting, if after sometime, she strat writing muder mystery comics, I definitely will not be surprised

Costumeluver

Dec 25, 2023
look at West World Season 2 vs Season 1. Season 1 set up a mystery (that you weren't even aware was a mystery), and with the final payoff, re-contextualized the oddities into an interesting payoff.

Season 2 had all sorts of dialogue, imagery, and symbolism that literally led nowhere, and in hindsight has no in universe explanation. And a large part of it was that the writers anticipated that people were examining it that much closer, so they tried to even more "mysterious". But in doing so, made a mess of their story, themes, and characterization.

Or for the younger people, mascot horror is dominated by the obsession with hidden lore and trying to piece together a story.
Westworld went way too soon to the idea of the Hosts going crazy. They had plenty of stories to tell about the debauchery of the guests in the various themed worlds.

Keshara is a writer whose plots start to grow out of control. Characters just seem to come in and next thing you know, you are wondering not how it will end but if it will end at all.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Did anyone save the audio files Melissa posted in the 8muses thread?
I did not, no. Also they weren't posted by the real Melissa:
1703637823906.png

That's part of a longer discussion on Discord about the 8muses forums closing. But in summary, the real Melissa did have an account there but she didn't really post anything, and there were multiple fake Melissas posting bullshit.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
Aphrodite's Mirror 21 part 6

An interesting piece - Marina does not seem to have known James before, definitely tells him very quickly she IS married. James is the one who came up with the Marina/James married lie, although in a moment of trying to scare away bald guy that seems to have little effect
Bald guy has a gun. It's not the first act, so it doesn't have to be fired, but he does not seem like a particularly nice, or talkative guy.

So maybe Seferi gets the idea that Marina and James are married due to overhearing this conversation, or Marina and James later decide the married thing is useful and expand on it - bald guy wants a name, presumably "Andrew" - by pretending to be married, Andrew becomes not associated with Marina and may give Marina extra incentive to have Andrew delve deep into being Elena, she's scared for him. Exactly why James shows up a few days later in Athens remains a mystery.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
An interesting piece - Marina does not seem to have known James before, definitely tells him very quickly she IS married. James is the one who came up with the Marina/James married lie, although in a moment of trying to scare away bald guy that seems to have little effect
Bald guy has a gun. It's not the first act, so it doesn't have to be fired, but he does not seem like a particularly nice, or talkative guy.

So maybe Seferi gets the idea that Marina and James are married due to overhearing this conversation, or Marina and James later decide the married thing is useful and expand on it - bald guy wants a name, presumably "Andrew" - by pretending to be married, Andrew becomes not associated with Marina and may give Marina extra incentive to have Andrew delve deep into being Elena, she's scared for him. Exactly why James shows up a few days later in Athens remains a mystery.
So far it's playing out pretty much how I theorized in the old thread, except that James took the initiative in pretending to be Marina's husband rather than her asking for his help. The difference is seemingly inconsequential so far, although it could be important if it turns out that James had ulterior motives beyond just impressing a pretty girl in a bar. Now I'm curious to see if she allows James to buy her a drink afterward.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
So far it's playing out pretty much how I theorized in the old thread, except that James took the initiative in pretending to be Marina's husband rather than her asking for his help. The difference is seemingly inconsequential so far, although it could be important if it turns out that James had ulterior motives beyond just impressing a pretty girl in a bar. Now I'm curious to see if she allows James to buy her a drink afterward.
I'm glad we've ripped this particular bandaid off and flat out confirmed: No, Marina wasn't having a secret affair/marriage with James and the current "marriage" between the two is a cover story in universe. The bigger question to me is how "impatient" is James during the timeskip? If he has ulterior motives, then that might explain why he hasn't blown the cover. But if he's just horny, he might be getting impatient to get a "reward".

Alicia Mae

Dec 13, 2023
Immediately I’m noticing a difference between James and Andrew’s personalities. While Andrew tends to go with the flow, James seems to do as he pleases.

I’ll bet Marina shares a drink or two with him to sell their cover, likely kissing as well- (you know, to sell the cover of course.) A few drinks and kisses in, who knows if she’ll be driven even further from her passive sissy husband and into the arms of the opposite - a protective real man.

Also at this point in the story, we’re in Marina’s flashback, in Aphrodite’s flashback, in Elena’s dream. How many layers deeper can we dig lol?

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
It may be that Marina doesn't know James, but James already knows Marina, and is there to draw her attention to him, and now that she knows him he went after her.
You may have something there - Seferi says he had someone tailing bald git who was tailing Marina - maybe that is James? The only flaw with that is that you would think Marina would have to clue in James on the whole thing and that James would tell Seferi. If somehow Marina kept James in the dark in some details (like saying who her husband actually is) this might work. Recall that Fillip doesn't seem to like James.

Reactions: alienhead

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
Immediately I’m noticing a difference between James and Andrew’s personalities. While Andrew tends to go with the flow, James seems to do as he pleases.

I’ll bet Marina shares a drink or two with him to sell their cover, likely kissing as well- (you know, to sell the cover of course.) A few drinks and kisses in, who knows if she’ll be driven even further from her passive sissy husband and into the arms of the opposite - a protective real man.

Also at this point in the story, we’re in Marina’s flashback, in Aphrodite’s flashback, in Elena’s dream. How many layers deeper can we dig lol?
Like Inception!
We certainly still don't know how far Marina/James progresses + it seems to have a more or less Innocent start, after that?

Reactions: Alicia Mae

Transmorpho

Dec 8, 2023
Let's dig a little deeper into James' character. First hypothesis: Let's say James is following Roan Gjoka, and sees that he is watching a woman, he may have called someone to find out who the woman is, and to get closer to Roan, he approaches Marina, offers her a drink, and tries to get some information out of her, then goes to confront Roan. Second hypothesis: James was hired by someone, probably Nikos, to try to keep her away from Andrew, he is following her when he sees that someone is watching Marina, he takes the opportunity to get closer, offers her a drink, talks to her and then he goes to confront Roan Gjoka, from then on we don't know if Marina and James had any reunion, after all this he follows Marina, when he arrives at the hotel where she is living he discovers that she is not there, pretending to be Marina's husband, he asks the receptionist to call her, and then maybe we have the call that Marina received while she was at the clinic with Andrew, the problem is because she left so quickly, she could have stayed with Andrew until the meeting ended.

Reactions: alienhead

Lloris124

Dec 22, 2023
Hello, does anyone remember the name of the comic in which Leon appeared? They had uploaded it on 8muses. thank you:)

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Hello, does anyone remember the name of the comic in which Leon appeared? They had uploaded it on 8muses. thank you:)
I assume you're referring to Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil? That was "The Femme Unveiled" by Hanna23. The whole thing can be downloaded on Kemono.

Reactions: Lloris124