Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-06-23] [Melissa N.]

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
Hooray, the story is progressing again! I’m looking forward to this conversation. Should be sexy and humiliating for Elena admitting she’s about to marry her uncle for real. Hopefully when Marina asks what earrings she’ll wear with the wedding dress, Elena won’t get distracted again.
Moving forward is the best thing here after being stuck in flashback land. Marina's reaction will be highly interesting (nice job Sofia to point that out so quick), it appears James is here, so maybe he gets involved in some me way. And this is happening at te same time Joel is being used as target practice; I assume that will come into play here soon.

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
The opening post is updated once again.

Moving forward is the best thing here after being stuck in flashback land. Marina's reaction will be highly interesting (nice job Sofia to point that out so quick), it appears James is here, so maybe he gets involved in some me way. And this is happening at te same time Joel is being used as target practice; I assume that will come into play here soon.
I think Marina's lack of expression when she sees Elena kiss her man so publicly in front of all those people they should trust is already quite telling. I bet she feels she's lost her fiance. She may have already signalled to him without him responding in any way, unaware Elena simply didn't recognise the signal.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Maybe it's because it's a swimsuit, but I have to say, I think Elena's breast proportions look way more natural this part than previously. Although, it doesn't look like it would be providing that much support, so maybe this is an overall tweak to the model. Overall, IMO best outfit and character look since the timeskip.

Hopefully when Marina asks what earrings she’ll wear with the wedding dress, Elena won’t get distracted again.
Here's the thing though... Even without a code, I can't imagine Marina would be so dense/unreasonable that if Andrew just started dropping major "we need to speak privately" subtext, she'd ignore it. Like a safe word is fine and all, but if I notice my partner hasn't said anything because they're choking and unable to breathe, I'm not gonna ignore her flailing trying to breathe, just because she didn't use our safe word.

And conversely, Elena has already ignored the safeword, which should be the biggest of red flags (and it was) to Marina. So if there was ever a time for her to be receptive to Elena wanting to speak privately, it would be now.

So... are the daughter's trying to gaslight Elena/Andrew? It's one thing for Nikos to be lovey-dovey with his wife as a cover... But constantly bringing up "Mom, you look so beautiful", and "I hope I look as hot as you when I'm your age" is farcical, right? It doesn't seem to be trying to sell the cover, as much as just fucking with Andrew. Maybe it's nothing, but really trying to guess what the daughter's motivations are (in addition to Nikos).

Something to note, Sofia sees that the ring is new and looks like an engagement ring. Assuming Sophie's familiar, I'm taking this to mean it's not one of original Elena's rings. Did Nikos not give original Elena an engagement ring? I know some couples use new rings to renew vows, but I thought it was more common to reuse the original ones. And outside of an open mindedness to fucking your nephew in law, this family always seemed to value tradition.

Or at the very least, part of me wonders if this is either a clue as to something being off, or a thematic thing? Like, does Nikos not use the old ring as a sign of respect for the "real" Elena? Or does he view the two as separate entities? It could have been symbolically powerful for Elena/Andrew to receive "her" "original" engagement ring, symbolically becoming the "real" Elena. But just as much, this could symbolize a new beginning with a "new" Elena.

Sophie also seems surprised. Again, maybe this is part of the cover, but did she really not know her father was going to marry his nephew in law? Maybe we'll see a bigger reaction, but I wonder if there's a limit to how far this is going for the daughters. Again, going back to how complicit are they? Elena's introspection last chapter was to exonerate and tell us that the family is following Andrew's directions to maintain a cover. But will this proposal cross a line for either of the daughters?

Find out, next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Last edited:

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
Maybe it's because it's a swimsuit, but I have to say, I think Elena's breast proportions look way more natural this part than previously. Although, it doesn't look like it would be providing that much support, so maybe this is an overall tweak to the model. Overall, IMO best outfit and character look since the timeskip.

Here's the thing though... Even without a code, I can't imagine Marina would be so dense/unreasonable that if Andrew just started dropping major "we need to speak privately" subtext, she'd ignore it. Like a safe word is fine and all, but if I notice my partner hasn't said anything because they're chocking and unable to breathe, I'm not gonna ignore her flailing trying to breathe, just because she didn't use our safe word.

And conversely, Elena has already ignored the safeword, which should be the biggest of red flags (and it was) to Marina. So if there was ever a time for her to be receptive to Elena wanting to speak privately, it would be now.

So... are the daughter's trying to gaslight Elena/Andrew? It's one thing for Nikos to be lovey-dovey with his wife as a cover... But constantly bringing up "Mom, you look so beautiful", and "I hope I look as hot as you when I'm your age" is farcical, right? It doesn't seem to be trying to sell the cover, as much as just fucking with Andrew. Maybe it's nothing, but really trying to guess what the daughter's motivations are (in addition to Nikos).

Something to note, Sofia sees that the ring is new and looks like an engagement ring. Assuming Sophie's familiar, I'm taking this to mean it's not one of original Elena's rings. Did Nikos not give original Elena an engagement ring? I know some couples use new rings to renew vows, but I thought it was more common to reuse the original ones. And outside of an open mindedness to fucking your nephew in law, this family always seemed to value tradition.

Or at the very least, part of me wonders if this is either a clue as to something being off, or a thematic thing? Like, does Nikos not use the old ring as a sign of respect for the "real" Elena? Or does he view the two as separate entities? It could have been symbolically powerful for Elena/Andrew to receive "her" "original" engagement ring, symbolically becoming the "real" Elena. But just as much, this could symbolize a new beginning with a "new" Elena.

Sophie also seems surprised. Again, maybe this is part of the cover, but did she really not know her father was going to marry his nephew in law? Maybe we'll see a bigger reaction, but I wonder if there's a limit to how far this is going for the daughters. Again, going back to how complicit are they? Elena's introspection last chapter was to exonerate and tell us that the family is following Andrew's directions to maintain a cover. But will this proposal cross a line for either of the daughters?

Find out, next time on Dragon Ball Z!
I've worked a little bit with Daz and sometimes when you do a pose the boobs look bigger or smaller. It's weird sometimes, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Regarding the daughters, I think they are pro Nikos+Elena considering they left Marina in the dark about that one date out in the ocean. Very early on we had a little bit of insight in their thought process and they wondered why "Andrew" acted so feminine so natural with barely input from them. My guess is they see Andrews/Elenas suggestion to treat her like the real Elena as a sign that a border was crossed and Andrew was a closed trans all the time. On the other side I think the story Nikos told (which the daughters heard apparently WAY too many times about Nikos old friend) is also an indicator that Nikos isn't against it having this kind of woman.

I bet the daughters don't even know anything about Seferi, Joel, or the fat guy at the club with the gun stalking Marina. For them it might all look like her cousins husband is coming out and falls in love with their father.

Last but not least, Dragon Ball Z sadly went way too much powercreep. Still was a good anime :)

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Agreed! :love:

Based on the phone call between Sofia and Marina during the "date night", it almost feels like Sofia is rubbing Marina's face in it. Like she knows exactly what happened on that island and what the ring means, and she wants Marina to know under no uncertain terms that her husband is gone. That or she's just the most insensitive cousin in the world and completely indifferent to Marina's feelings. Either way, she doesn't seem to be on Marina's side. And Marina looks kinda sad/defeated, or maybe apprehensive about talking to Andrew. Her eyes are locked on, with no hint of a smile as you might expect if she was selling the cover of enjoying a day at the pool with her aunt and uncle.

Last edited:

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
Agreed! :love:

Based on the phone call between Sofia and Marina during the "date night", it almost feels like Sofia is rubbing Marina's face in it. Like she knows exactly what happened on that island and what the ring means, and she wants Marina to know under no uncertain terms that her husband is gone. That or she's just the most insensitive cousin in the world and completely indifferent to Marina's feelings. Either way, she doesn't seem to be on Marina's side. And Marina looks kinda sad/defeated, or maybe apprehensive about talking to Andrew. Her eyes are locked on, with no hint of a smile as you might expect if she was selling the cover of enjoying a day at the pool with her aunt and uncle.
Sofia does seem to be the one who revels in all this - the tendency is to put the two girls together with the same outlook, but maybe that's not right. Eva mostly refuses in the shadows, other than meeting the guy she is hooking up with. Is there a split in how the two see things?

Or maybe it's just easier for Melissa to feature one of the girls, Sofia, as having the lion share of the dialog.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Sofia does seem to be the one who revels in all this - the tendency is to put the two girls together with the same outlook, but maybe that's not right. Eva mostly refuses in the shadows, other than meeting the guy she is hooking up with. Is there a split in how the two see things?

Or maybe it's just easier for Melissa to feature one of the girls, Sofia, as having the lion share of the dialog.
Hmm... I've never really considered whether Eva and Sofia might have different positions. They seem like almost the exact same character to me. In the early chapters they always appear together and essentially alternate the dialog. Both are equally pushy and seem to take turns gaslighting Andrew. Although interestingly I just checked and Eva hasn't had a single line of dialog since being reunited with Stefanos. After that Sofia makes one appearance where she talks to Andrew alone without Eva, and a couple more appearances alongside Eva (and Stefanos) but Sofia is the only one who has dialog.

If anything, this makes me even more curious about Stefanos and Dimitra.

Last edited:

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Regarding the daughters, I think they are pro Nikos+Elena considering they left Marina in the dark about that one date out in the ocean. Very early on we had a little bit of insight in their thought process and they wondered why "Andrew" acted so feminine so natural with barely input from them. My guess is they see Andrews/Elenas suggestion to treat her like the real Elena as a sign that a border was crossed and Andrew was a closed trans all the time. On the other side I think the story Nikos told (which the daughters heard apparently WAY too many times about Nikos old friend) is also an indicator that Nikos isn't against it having this kind of woman.

I bet the daughters don't even know anything about Seferi, Joel, or the fat guy at the club with the gun stalking Marina. For them it might all look like her cousins husband is coming out and falls in love with their father.
I could buy this... if not for the fact that Andrew was Marina's husband on their honeymoon. That would be fine characterization of them being really supportive of their father and/or of trans people. But it also makes them super insensitive to Marina... which makes me wonder, what's up with that?

Whether the daughters know... that's interesting. Andrew post-dream believes he's instructed Nikos and the daughters about keeping up appearances. And I'd really hate to question the info dump, because it was so unnaturally written I HAVE to assume that it was done that way just to tell the readers explicitly "this is the part you can trust". But outside of that info dump, have we ever been shown any evidence that Nikos, Sophia, and Eva have any reason to know that Andrew believes they're lives are in danger? Actually... we're explicitly told that Andrew made them keep up appearances, but I don't think we're told that Andrew informed them about the threats he believes are real.

Um... Maybe this is me being super dense, but in my mind, I'd always assumed that Andrew telling them to treat him as always being Elena implied him also telling them WHY he needed them to do that. If that's not the case...

Last but not least, Dragon Ball Z sadly went way too much powercreep. Still was a good anime :)
I think the biggest problem is how outclassed some of the secondary characters got. And after a while, the power ups didn't mean anything except relative to each other. Same problem with speedsters in a lot of superhero shows/comics. You're constantly told that character X isn't fast enough, trains, and becomes faster to beat character Y. But they're already so fast time is practically still. So what does getting any faster actually mean?

Yeah, Sofia comes off as being way too into this whole situation. I interpreted Marina's look as more apprehensive and evaluative. The last time they spoke, Elena didn't know their safe word. So she knows something is wrong, and I could understand her trying to gauge Elena's behavior to try to figure out just what the hell is going on.

Interesting idea. I definitely tend to lump them as one unit. I'll note, Eva was just as involved in the initial transformation, and in convincing Andrew to drag it out longer. So her absence from the plot since then could be more to do with her pursuing a relationship with Stfanos. But her lack of involvement post timeskip could be characterizing the sisters having different feelings on the situation, which would actually be a welcome development.

Hmm... I've never really considered whether Eva and Sofia might have different positions. They seem like almost the exact same character to me. In the early chapters they always appear together and essentially alternate the dialog. Both are equally pushy and seem to take turns gaslighting Andrew. Although interestingly I just checked and Eva hasn't had a single line of dialog since being reunited with Stefanos. After that Sofia makes one appearance where she talks to Andrew alone without Eva, and a couple more appearances alongside Eva (and Stefanos) but Sofia is the only one who has dialog.

If anything, this makes me even more curious about Stefanos and Dimitra.
Agreed. Maybe Eva and Sofia really were previously feminized targets, and Eva is just fulfilling her programming now that she's found a suitable man. :LOL:

Kidding aside though, I've not completely thrown out the idea that there's some kind of family marriage agreement going on. Eva hooking up, Andrew being feminized freeing up Marina, the fact that this was all kicked off with having appearances of a "traditional family"... If the info dump is gospel, then Nikos and the girls aren't conspiring against him. But clearly, there ARE people conspiring against the family, and we don't really know why and to what end. And even if they were just following his directions, that doesn't mean they have Andrew's (or Marina's) best interests at heart.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Whether the daughters know... that's interesting. Andrew post-dream believes he's instructed Nikos and the daughters about keeping up appearances. And I'd really hate to question the info dump, because it was so unnaturally written I HAVE to assume that it was done that way just to tell the readers explicitly "this is the part you can trust". But outside of that info dump, have we ever been shown any evidence that Nikos, Sophia, and Eva have any reason to know that Andrew believes they're lives are in danger? Actually... we're explicitly told that Andrew made them keep up appearances, but I don't think we're told that Andrew informed them about the threats he believes are real.

Um... Maybe this is me being super dense, but in my mind, I'd always assumed that Andrew telling them to treat him as always being Elena implied him also telling them WHY he needed them to do that. If that's not the case...
At the very least, we know for sure that Eva and Sofia know that the house is being bugged.

Eva, Sofia, and Marina urging extra caution because of what happened "yesterday":
ch14-0452.png

Marina again urging extra caution because of what happened "yesterday":
ch14-0467.png

Finally, the thing that happened "yesterday" is revealed to be a hidden camera found in the house, and Eva and Sofia are specifically mentioned as being in the loop:
ch14-0471.png

Marina also mentions Filip going missing, which presumably the whole family knows about.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
At the very least, we know for sure that Eva and Sofia know that the house is being bugged.

Eva, Sofia, and Marina urging extra caution because of what happened "yesterday":
View attachment 3418564

Marina again urging extra caution because of what happened "yesterday":
View attachment 3418566

Finally, the thing that happened "yesterday" is revealed to be a hidden camera found in the house, and Eva and Sofia are specifically mentioned as being in the loop:
View attachment 3418570

Marina also mentions Filip going missing, which presumably the whole family knows about.
Also, Elena tells Sofia about meeting Seferi and his story of being wronged by Toska, and then Elena tells Marina that "the girls" did a check of some sort to verify Seferi's story.
At times I have questioned whether they are just feeding Andrew scary stuff to further his paranoia and descent into Elena - just as Seferi could be doing. A lot of characters in this story tell Andrew/Elena about these bad things, but actual evidence of these things is very scarce.

Alicia Mae

Dec 13, 2023
At times I have questioned whether they are just feeding Andrew scary stuff to further his paranoia and descent into Elena - just as Seferi could be doing. A lot of characters in this story tell Andrew/Elena about these bad things, but actual evidence of these things is very scarce.
This is true. Elena is very trusting of information relayed to her by near-perfect strangers. My theory is that Sofia and Eva are really happy with how this situation has changed their family dynamic. Their dad isn’t sleeping around, and has seemingly fallen in love. And they finally have a mother figure- even if she is their cousin’s husband.

I would like to see Elena‘s relationship with the girls more. Part of being stuck as Elena is being stuck as a mother. Lets see her give Eva relationship advice, and ask Sofia when she’ll find a nice man of her own. Or take them out shopping for cute dresses and heels.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
I would like to see Elena‘s relationship with the girls more. Part of being stuck as Elena is being stuck as a mother. Lets see her give Eva relationship advice, and ask Sofia when she’ll find a nice man of her own. Or take them out shopping for cute dresses and heels.
That would be an interesting dynamic, but I wonder how that could happen. Elena doesn't actually have the knowledge and experience that a 55yo mother would normally have, and no amount of method acting can compensate for that. It wasn't too long ago that Elena was dependent on Eva and Sofia for training in all things female, so how is she going to turn around and give motherly advice to them? If she suddenly gained 30 years worth of knowledge and expertise, that would push the story in more of a supernatural goddess direction.

Last edited:

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
That would be an interesting dynamic, but I wonder how that could happen. Elena doesn't actually have the knowledge and experience that a 55yo mother would normally have, and no amount of method acting can compensate for that. It wasn't too long ago that Elena was dependent on Eva and Sofia for training in all things female, so how is she going to turn around and give motherly advice to them? If she suddenly gained 30 years worth of knowledge and expertise, that would push the story in more of a supernatural goddess direction.
Now we are back to the goddess Aphrodite. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
That one person far back in the past was right. :eek:

Nah for real, I think it would be kind of interesting to see more of the daughter's thought process and their pov of wtf is going on and how they see it all. I think so far we only got 1 singular thought bubble (correct me if I'm wrong) which was when one of them wondered how Andrew had all those female mannerisms down so naturally. Do the daughters really expect the (former) husband of their cousin to replace their mom?

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
Yeah, that was Sofia way back in chapter 9:
View attachment 3424269

Unfortunately it's too ambiguous to tell whether or not she has any ulterior motives.
You could make the point that their characters are just underdeveloped and we might see more soon of them with the coming bikini-arc. OR!!! They planned this all along to get a new mom and even gaslit their dad. Time will tell. :unsure:

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Nah for real, I think it would be kind of interesting to see more of the daughter's thought process and their pov of wtf is going on and how they see it all. I think so far we only got 1 singular thought bubble (correct me if I'm wrong) which was when one of them wondered how Andrew had all those female mannerisms down so naturally. Do the daughters really expect the (former) husband of their cousin to replace their mom?
Completely agree: I can't really figure out/decide what I think Nikos and the daughter's perspective on any of this. If we take these to be the facts:

1) The family is aware of a spy camera and that they're under surveillance.

2) Andrew has asked the family to treat him like Elena.

With the speculated aspect:

a) Andrew/Marina have presumably spelled out that Andrew is acting as Elena just because they feel keeping up those appearances is in the family's best interest in terms of safety.

Then...

Nikos remains in my mind, a really fucked up guy. Either he's that lonely, that horny, or has such a strong fetish for feminized men that he's taken every chance possible to "reduce" Andrew to an Elena caricature. The multiple proposals, the kissing, the sex... No matter what Andrew had claimed, especially given the circumstances where he's essentially only staying as Elena under duress, it's not romantic behavior. It's manipulative and self-serving. And to do so multiple times in front of Marina is extra fucked up. I just don't see an "innocent" interpretation of this. But I can see how a person could be like this. There's possible motivations that lead to this behavior.

The daughters on the other hand is weird. Possibility 1 is that they just really love their father and want him happy. So they're happy to help feminize their cousin's husband to reach that goal. That's possible I suppose, but going that far for even your father feels like a stretch. It'd be one thing if they were doing this to a stranger with no connection to their family, but I can't fathom doing this if they had any positive relationship at all with Marina. That's just needlessly cruel to Marina, if they are "normal" people.

Possibility 2 is that the daughters, particularly Sofia, are way more in to feminization than their father. If Sofia really does get a kick out of this, it may be that no matter her feelings toward Marina, the fact that she's helped turn her cousin's husband into a sextoy for her father might actually be a plus. After all, sometimes, the more taboo the better. It's possible they're looking for a "plaything" just differently than their father. Like, Nikos uses Elena for sex. But the daughter's aren't using Elena as a mother figure, but rather a dressup doll. A toy/accessory for them to play with for various occasions and activities.

If neither of those are in play... Then you have two young women, that know that their cousin's husband is pretending to be their mother to keep them all safe. If they don't have "nefarious" reasons, the only other interpretation I could see is that maybe Sofia finds it funny. Let's assume she doesn't know Nikos has been fucking Elena at night. Maybe, she sees the dark humor of Andrew getting stuck in this situation, so she prods because she finds this whole situation more amusing than scary. So stuff like the engagement ring, and her teasing, is because she doesn't want/care about making this permanent, but it's so amusing to her she just wants to push it as far as it can go. This would make particular sense if she thinks Andrew is overreacting, and doesn't find the threat that credible, but finds it funny Andrew and Marina are "overreacting".

I suppose, you could say she could find it funny that Andrew is getting fucked by Nikos, but to me, that feels harder to justify. Like, it's one thing if I only thought my father was kissing and flirting with my cousin's husband to keep up appearances and it all making my cousin and her husband uncomfortable. I think that it's another thing to find out that your father has decided to fuck your cousin's husband. Maybe that's splitting hairs...

Regardless, if the daughters are "innocent", I can't see them wanting this to be a permanent thing. They're already fully grown women and Andrew can be argued as not being a particularly interesting person. Like, if their father was pursuing a famous makeup artist (since that would relate to their business), or someone rich, or even an actually famous actor/actress, at least having that person around would make for some interesting stories. But they know this person as their cousin's husband. Why would you want to separate them? If they had known Andrew before, and thought that Marina was a terrible person, and they were "rescuing" Andrew from Marina, I could see an "innocent" angle. But there's nothing supporting that. So again, why are they so apathetic at best or cruel at worst to Marina's feelings?

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Completely agree: I can't really figure out/decide what I think Nikos and the daughter's perspective on any of this. If we take these to be the facts:

1) The family is aware of a spy camera and that they're under surveillance.

2) Andrew has asked the family to treat him like Elena.

With the speculated aspect:

a) Andrew/Marina have presumably spelled out that Andrew is acting as Elena just because they feel keeping up those appearances is in the family's best interest in terms of safety.

Then...

Nikos remains in my mind, a really fucked up guy. Either he's that lonely, that horny, or has such a strong fetish for feminized men that he's taken every chance possible to "reduce" Andrew to an Elena caricature. The multiple proposals, the kissing, the sex... No matter what Andrew had claimed, especially given the circumstances where he's essentially only staying as Elena under duress, it's not romantic behavior. It's manipulative and self-serving. And to do so multiple times in front of Marina is extra fucked up. I just don't see an "innocent" interpretation of this. But I can see how a person could be like this. There's possible motivations that lead to this behavior.

The daughters on the other hand is weird. Possibility 1 is that they just really love their father and want him happy. So they're happy to help feminize their cousin's husband to reach that goal. That's possible I suppose, but going that far for even your father feels like a stretch. It'd be one thing if they were doing this to a stranger with no connection to their family, but I can't fathom doing this if they had any positive relationship at all with Marina. That's just needlessly cruel to Marina, if they are "normal" people.

Possibility 2 is that the daughters, particularly Sofia, are way more in to feminization than their father. If Sofia really does get a kick out of this, it may be that no matter her feelings toward Marina, the fact that she's helped turn her cousin's husband into a sextoy for her father might actually be a plus. After all, sometimes, the more taboo the better. It's possible they're looking for a "plaything" just differently than their father. Like, Nikos uses Elena for sex. But the daughter's aren't using Elena as a mother figure, but rather a dressup doll. A toy/accessory for them to play with for various occasions and activities.

If neither of those are in play... Then you have two young women, that know that their cousin's husband is pretending to be their mother to keep them all safe. If they don't have "nefarious" reasons, the only other interpretation I could see is that maybe Sofia finds it funny. Let's assume she doesn't know Nikos has been fucking Elena at night. Maybe, she sees the dark humor of Andrew getting stuck in this situation, so she prods because she finds this whole situation more amusing than scary. So stuff like the engagement ring, and her teasing, is because she doesn't want/care about making this permanent, but it's so amusing to her she just wants to push it as far as it can go. This would make particular sense if she thinks Andrew is overreacting, and doesn't find the threat that credible, but finds it funny Andrew and Marina are "overreacting".

I suppose, you could say she could find it funny that Andrew is getting fucked by Nikos, but to me, that feels harder to justify. Like, it's one thing if I only thought my father was kissing and flirting with my cousin's husband to keep up appearances and it all making my cousin and her husband uncomfortable. I think that it's another thing to find out that your father has decided to fuck your cousin's husband. Maybe that's splitting hairs...

Regardless, if the daughters are "innocent", I can't see them wanting this to be a permanent thing. They're already fully grown women and Andrew can be argued as not being a particularly interesting person. Like, if their father was pursuing a famous makeup artist (since that would relate to their business), or someone rich, or even an actually famous actor/actress, at least having that person around would make for some interesting stories. But they know this person as their cousin's husband. Why would you want to separate them? If they had known Andrew before, and thought that Marina was a terrible person, and they were "rescuing" Andrew from Marina, I could see an "innocent" angle. But there's nothing supporting that. So again, why are they so apathetic at best or cruel at worst to Marina's feelings?
There's another possible motive: they might think Andrew is unworthy of Marina, and they're doing this for her own good, misguided though they may be. Remember how "Aphrodite" comments that Andrew was forced into an unhappy marriage:
ch20-0988.png
Andrew denies it, but if you assume that Aphrodite is just part of Andrew's subconscious, then really he's just arguing with himself which means her statement is at least partially true. So maybe Nikos and/or the daughters know it's an unhappy marriage, either because Marina confided in them directly or they just heard it through the grapevine via Marina's mother. Maybe they know about whatever Andrew did a couple months ago and they view that as unforgiveable. So maybe they're just trying to split them up to help Marina escape a toxic relationship that Marina isn't strong enough to walk away from on her own. Then helping their father satisfy his weird fetishes is just win-win for them.

This motive could support 2 different scenarios:
  1. The Samaras family are crazy sociopaths and had this planned from the beginning and made up the Toska story just to feminize Andrew.
  2. They're just opportunistic, the Toska story is real, the sisters really did only intend for Andrew to get temporary surgery, but they're ok with pushing Elena and Nikos to be together because it solves a problem for Marina.

Last edited:

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
There's another possible motive: they might think Andrew is unworthy of Marina, and they're doing this for her own good, misguided though they may be. Remember how "Aphrodite" comments that Andrew was forced into an unhappy marriage:
View attachment 3424372
Andrew denies it, but if you assume that Aphrodite is just part of Andrew's subconscious, then really he's just arguing with himself which means her statement is at least partially true. So maybe Nikos and/or the daughters know it's an unhappy marriage, either because Marina confided in them directly or they just heard it through the grapevine via Marina's mother. Maybe they know about whatever Andrew did a couple months ago and they view that as unforgiveable. So maybe they're just trying to split them up to help Marina escape a toxic relationship that Marina isn't strong enough to walk away from on her own. Then helping their father satisfy his weird fetishes is just win-win for them.

This motive could support a scenario where the Samaras family are just crazy sociopaths and had this planned from the beginning and made up the Toska story just to feminize Andrew, or it could also just be that they're opportunistic, the Toska story is real, the sisters really did only intend for Andrew to get temporary surgery, but they're ok with pushing Elena and Nikos to be together because it solves a problem for Marina.
Actually, what's with the marriage being "forced"? Marina's not pregnant. And as far as I know, there's been no hints that this was some kind of arranged marriage.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the weirder it is. If the plan is to feminize Andrew to get him away from Marina, then the feminization has to have some distinct advantage over any other plan to have them break up. Like, the sister's didn't try to seduce Andrew and get them broken up that way. Instead, feminizing Andrew has him in the family still. And remember, there's no brainwashing, it's a complete coincidence the method acting went as far as it did. So if this was preplanned, then there's no mechanism that has been planned to make sure that Andrew ended up as Nikos' obedient sextoy.

On the flip side, let's say it was opportunistic. I suppose, Nikos' original proposing and kissing could be them trying to convince Marina that Andrew's some kind of deviant. If you include the "you need to keep your promise of pretending to be Elena" that the sisters insisted on, I guess that could be a lie to further entrap Andrew. Although, it's hard to tell because Nikos DID seem to try to stop Elena from overcommiting during the dinner. The lack of a plan to brainwash would work, if they misunderstood the method acting stuff as Andrew actually wanting to be a big-titted sex toy, and just went along with it.

Not sure... I can see a scenario where Nikos is onboard having a big-titted sex toy as his new wife. But looking at it from the daughters' pov:

"Oh, look: our cousin's husband needs to pretend to be our mother for a bit longer. We sure hate his guts. So let's make sure this feminization sticks. There's no way Marina will want him back after all of this! Huh... this Andrew guy is really getting into pretending to be our mother. Like REALLY getting into it. Dad has even proposed to him."

Like, I can see how with a really open mindset, maybe the daughters have no issue with the idea that Andrew is trans and has discovered wanting to express himself as an older mature woman. But I feel like if the above developments would raise some kind of objection? Again, there's no brainwashing. They have no idea what's going on through Andrew's mind, so if he suddenly started acting like all he ever wanted was to be Elena, they have no reason to trust him, and more generally, trust that he won't break Nikos' heart, or try to take his money in some kind of divorce/lawsuit scheme. It'd be a hell of an elaborate scheme to be sure, but if they already don't like Andrew, it'd be surprising they'd be more trusting of him after all this feminization, as opposed to before.

Of course, the possible workaround is the idea that Andrew got lost in method acting before, and the family knows. That said, Andrew broke out of it last time, so this feels a bit too unreliable to be part of a plan. Or conversely, this is why they keep gaslighting Andrew, to keep putting him in situations where he needs to double down on his roleplay. Could work...?

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Like, I can see how with a really open mindset, maybe the daughters have no issue with the idea that Andrew is trans and has discovered wanting to express himself as an older mature woman. But I feel like if the above developments would raise some kind of objection? Again, there's no brainwashing. They have no idea what's going on through Andrew's mind, so if he suddenly started acting like all he ever wanted was to be Elena, they have no reason to trust him, and more generally, trust that he won't break Nikos' heart, or try to take his money in some kind of divorce/lawsuit scheme. It'd be a hell of an elaborate scheme to be sure, but if they already don't like Andrew, it'd be surprising they'd be more trusting of him after all this feminization, as opposed to before.
Staying on the opportunistic track, maybe they don't hate Andrew, but they know that he's not right for Marina for some reason. I have no idea why he would be "forced" to marry her, but maybe he just doesn't love her and she can't let go and the cousins are trying to free her from unrequited love. The Toska business deal proceeds as planned until they notice that Nikos and Elena both seem to be falling for each other, so they decide to encourage that relationship so that Marina will finally be forced to find happiness with someone else. They did know where Marina went when she left for Crete, perhaps they sent James there to set them up on a date...

All of this really sounds like a stretch, but I'm desperately trying to find something that explains why everyone seems to be so insensitive toward Marina and disrespectful of her marriage. I don't want it to just be bad writing, and I don't think they're all evil, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
Staying on the opportunistic track, maybe they don't hate Andrew, but they know that he's not right for Marina for some reason. I have no idea why he would be "forced" to marry her, but maybe he just doesn't love her and she can't let go and the cousins are trying to free her from unrequited love. The Toska business deal proceeds as planned until they notice that Nikos and Elena both seem to be falling for each other, so they decide to encourage that relationship so that Marina will finally be forced to find happiness with someone else. They did know where Marina went when she left for Crete, perhaps they sent James there to set them up on a date...

All of this really sounds like a stretch, but I'm desperately trying to find something that explains why everyone seems to be so insensitive toward Marina and disrespectful of her marriage. I don't want it to just be bad writing, and I don't think they're all evil, but I could be wrong.
The event that happened all those months ago hasn't been explained. All this time I've assumed Andrew crossdressed, which is why he took to being Elena so easily. But what if he took his method acting too far before. What if he went method as a hard drug addict for a role and he, say, had a cocaine overdose? If that happened and Marina stayed with him, but her family lost trust in him as they don't trust drug abusers, being close to the mafia as they are... that could be a motive for the family to pull Andrew and their cousin/niece apart while putting Andrews mind on something else than the drugs.