Comics Collection Melissa N. Collection [2024-06-23] [Melissa N.]

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
The event that happened all those months ago hasn't been explained. All this time I've assumed Andrew crossdressed, which is why he took to being Elena so easily. But what if he took his method acting too far before. What if he went method as a hard drug addict for a role and he, say, had a cocaine overdose? If that happened and Marina stayed with him, but her family lost trust in him as they don't trust drug abusers, being close to the mafia as they are... that could be a motive for the family to pull Andrew and their cousin/niece apart while putting Andrews mind on something else than the drugs.
I think we can rule out crossdressing, because a) when the idea of Andrew posing as Nikos' wife is first proposed, Marina has no objections and even finds it amusing. She's even still joking around about it when she first sees Andrew dressed as Elena. She doesn't get upset until she finds out that Andrew has committed to being Elena for several months. And b) the pages below seem to imply that Andrew has never been interested in crossdressing:
ch11-0357.png ch11-0358.png

The conversation with Aphrodite makes it seem like whatever happened had something to do with a Mr. Orlov, who from context sounds like he might have been Andrew's acting teacher?:
ch20-0991.png ch20-1001.png ch20-1006.png ch20-1007.png ch20-1008.png

Last edited:

misseva88

Jul 5, 2017
I think we can rule out crossdressing, because a) when the idea of Andrew posing as Nikos' wife is first proposed, Marina has no objections and even finds it amusing. She's even still joking around about it when she first sees Andrew dressed as Elena. She doesn't get upset until she finds out that Andrew has committed to being Elena for several months. And b) the pages below seem to imply that Andrew has never been interested in crossdressing:
View attachment 3425293 View attachment 3425294

The conversation with Aphrodite makes it seem like whatever happened had something to do with a Mr. Orlov, who from context sounds like he might have been Andrew's acting teacher?:
View attachment 3425300 View attachment 3425303 View attachment 3425306 View attachment 3425307 View attachment 3425308
That's why I think Andrew got too deep into something different, like drugs. If he did, her family could decide to act and drive a wedge between the two of them and bad behaviour like that could validate her family trying to feminise him. From a certain point of view.

Reactions: alienhead

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
All of this really sounds like a stretch, but I'm desperately trying to find something that explains why everyone seems to be so insensitive toward Marina and disrespectful of her marriage. I don't want it to just be bad writing, and I don't think they're all evil, but I could be wrong.
The charitable way for me to describe it is that this has run for so long, that small mistakes/oversights early on in how character's were characterized, scenes played out, or dialogue was written may now contradict or add confusion when compared to current scenes. Not because the story has been purposefully retconned, but because pages written way back when weren't future proofed. As such, it's really hard if not impossible to perfectly explain everything because there's contradictions that have no in-universe explanations. Lack of reactions, dialogue that isn't consistent... These are something that if you had the luxury of editing a story once completed, you'd catch.

I think we can rule out crossdressing, because a) when the idea of Andrew posing as Nikos' wife is first proposed, Marina has no objections and even finds it amusing. She's even still joking around about it when she first sees Andrew dressed as Elena.
I think this might be an example of that. I firmly believe this dialogue was written to indicate Andrew had never crossdressed before. But this dialogue also shows her completely unfazed by the idea of Andrew acting and being fully immersed in a role. And later, what she's upset about is that him staying in the role for longer will ruin their honeymoon. If the problem Andrew had months ago was being lost in a role, you'd think Marina would immediately have some concerns. If not for the first night, since it was impromptu, him suddenly committing to an extended time in the role should have set off every alarm bell. When she arrived the next morning, you'd think she'd immediately bring up the events in the past, or demand they leave now, if this method acting problem was something that's happened before.

GREECE154.png GREECE159.png

But she doesn't. In fact, she doesn't bring up what happened before at all. Not even a "You're always doing stuff like this!" or "I can't believe you're doing this again!"

It's hard for me to tell if this is intentional. Because this seems to be in contradiction to Marina's later concerns that current events are similar to the one months ago.

GREECE432.png GREECE433.png

So, either:

This is intentional. This means, Marina was unconcerned about acting the part and didn't try to stop it early because this method acting problem has never come up before. As such, the incident that happened months ago has to do with the claim that Andrew was drugged and can't remember committing to be Elena for longer.

Or

This is not intentional. The earlier scenes were written more as an excuse for why Marina storms off and leaves Andrew vulnerable to more feminization. Something method acting was intended to be the incident in the past, which is why Marina is concerned later that this seems familiar, and why Aphrodite implies this later.

If it's the former, then this is really tricky. This means, whatever Andrew did months ago was 1) Something reasonably forgivable, 2) Had a believable excuse that wasn't method acting, 3) has to do with Andrew getting caught up in something that he claims he didn't intentionally get caught up into.

Note, this doesn't mean what happened months ago wasn't caused by method acting. It's just that whatever it was, neither Andrew nor Marina seem to think it had to do with method acting. So for example, under this scenario, it's unlikely that Andrew had taken on the role of a drug dealer/abuser/other unsavory type and "gotten too deep", because the evidence is suggested Andrew and Marina don't think of the incident as being acting related.

BUT, it might be possible that neither realize it was acting related. For example, if Mr Orlov had secretly drugged Andrew as part of some kind of acting exercise, and Andrew started playing a role. And the next day, when the drugs wore off, he couldn't remember meeting Mr. Orlov and doing the exercise, so he just had the flimsy excuse of feeling drugged and having lost time. Which Marina forgave, but still found suspicious.

I personally find that rather contrived and unsatisfying. It'd be a lot of coincidences and convenient omissions. And even as part of the "intentionally written" path, still makes a lot of the character behavior/characterization seem odd.

I'm generally more inclined to believe the second path, that this was not intentional. This tidies things up a bit, where Marina should have been more vocal in stopping the Elena dressup earlier, but wasn't due to it just slipping her mind. If the incident was really a method acting situation gone slightly too far, that can explain why Marina was willing to forgive Andrew, but also is concerned he might be lost in a role currently and not seeing things right.

If Marina was aware of the lost in the role problems, this could also explain (if you believe Nikos and daughters are intentionally feminizing Andrew) how Nikos and the daughters think they'll get away with feminizing Andrew, as they might have heard from Marina/Marina's mother about Andrew's method acting problems. I'm not sure I'd completely buy that: If the end goal is to ensure your final "product" is reliable, I wouldn't think you'd be so hands off and "hope for the best" on the mental aspect. Although, I suppose you could argue Nikos has certainly not been hands off, and all this extra affection and immersion is to double down on trying to trigger that "lost in the role" state.

...Yeah, after all this analysis, still clear as mud :)

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
The charitable way for me to describe it is that this has run for so long, that small mistakes/oversights early on in how character's were characterized, scenes played out, or dialogue was written may now contradict or add confusion when compared to current scenes. Not because the story has been purposefully retconned, but because pages written way back when weren't future proofed. As such, it's really hard if not impossible to perfectly explain everything because there's contradictions that have no in-universe explanations. Lack of reactions, dialogue that isn't consistent... These are something that if you had the luxury of editing a story once completed, you'd catch.
While this may certainly be true and could explain inconsistencies with Marina's willingness to allow Andrew to pose as Nikos' wife at the beginning, I think we can agree that if such inconsistencies exist, it would make sense that contradicting information that comes later in the story is going to override/retcon information that came earlier in the story. Correct?

So going back to what we were discussing prior to the "issue" a few months ago, which was that Marina's family seems to be treating her poorly, there are only two facts that are seemingly at odds with each other:
  1. Marina and Nikos/Eva/Sofia are family, apparently on good terms.
  2. Nikos/Eva/Sofia seem to have no issue with stealing Marina's husband and then flaunting that fact in front of her.
#1 obviously came first in the very first chapter, and it's pretty foundational to the entire story, so I can't imagine how Melissa could later forget that they're family, or plan a scenario where the feminization doesn't make sense if they're family. So the potential bad writing that I was referring to in the part of my post that you quoted isn't an inconsistency/retcon, but more of an unrealistic characterization. Either there's a complicated explanation for why they're treating Marina this way that hasn't been revealed yet, or Melissa is simply writing the Samaras family in a way that's contrary to how a realistic, normal, non-sociopathic family would treat their niece/cousin. I'm still hoping for the complicated explanation.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
While this may certainly be true and could explain inconsistencies with Marina's willingness to allow Andrew to pose as Nikos' wife at the beginning, I think we can agree that if such inconsistencies exist, it would make sense that contradicting information that comes later in the story is going to override/retcon information that came earlier in the story. Correct?
That's what makes it tough. We don't know when something is meant to be a retcon or not. So we end up with almost a sliding scale of reliability. The further back something is in the story, the more uncertain we are if any contradiction is meant to be there. It's why I generally try to start with the assumption that everything is on purpose. And if that opens up too many inconsistencies, that's when I try to widen the net and question earlier dialogue.

#1 obviously came first in the very first chapter, and it's pretty foundational to the entire story, so I can't imagine how Melissa could later forget that they're family, or plan a scenario where the feminization doesn't make sense if they're family. So the potential bad writing that I was referring to in the part of my post that you quoted isn't an inconsistency/retcon, but more of an unrealistic characterization. Either there's a complicated explanation for why they're treating Marina this way that hasn't been revealed yet, or Melissa is simply writing the Samaras family in a way that's contrary to how a realistic, normal, non-sociopathic family would treat their niece/cousin. I'm still hoping for the complicated explanation.
Honestly, I think we're on the same page but we're coming from it from different but related point of views. I personally think of it as underdeveloped and shallow characterization early on.

Take for instance the first dinner. At no point do Marina and Eva/Sofia talk to each other. Now, having them catch up could be seen as "waste of pages", but in story as long as this, understanding their relationship is kind of important. But we got nothing. We presume they're on good terms, but that's mostly us defaulting into that position, since Nikos paid for the honeymoon and was nice during dinner. If you take it further, there's basically no dialogue between Marina and Nikos that isn't just plot exposition. Her only dialogue during that dinner is to establish Andrew's skills that would help set up his feminization, and to be the segue for Nikos to talk about the business opportunity that leads to Andrew's feminization.

So, this is kinda nitpicky/unsatisfying, but I think you could really make the argument that #1 (at least for the daughters, but maybe even for Nikos) hasn't ever been shown in story. Nothing's been shown that contradicts #1 either, but we're given basically no info to work with for everything pre-timeskip.

Now, I do consider underdeveloped characters a sign of poor writing. But for me, when I'm trying to guess/interpret the plot, I'm trying to figure out what assumptions I'm making in the analysis. To put it bluntly, I'm assuming the majority of Melissa's poor writing is in the form of poor/shallow characterization. A LOT of the dialogue is purely for the sake of plot exposition. Dialogue is almost never used to provide characterization, and even then, it's often spelt out explicitly.

Generally, I don't think we'll have a situation of poor plotting (with lots of plot holes). As in, I think that if we were to layout the plot in bullet points based purely on what happens (without looking at the dialogue), I'd be willing to bet that once completed, the plot will make sense. But the problem is that I bet that once you go back and look at how character's talked to one another, it'll feel really at odds with how the characters should have responded in that situation. Because I think Melissa's greatest weakness as a writer is how her dialogue is written and presented.

Basically, I wonder if the explanation isn't "complicated", it's just that we were given very little info earlier on. That's still not good form when it comes to writing, but the alternative would be even less palatable (if Melissa wrote these recent parts and didn't notice that it was characterizing Nikos and Sofia as particularly cruel towards Marina). I'm actually a little bit hopeful it isn't the second, as the most recent kpop idol part seemed to be addressing and is basically an acknowledgement by Melissa that she goofed on having the characters under react to someone transitioning and also changing races. I'm hoping that with that realization, maybe there was some care and so the recent characterizations in this AM part is actually being done on purpose. Fingers crossed!

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
So, this is kinda nitpicky/unsatisfying, but I think you could really make the argument that #1 (at least for the daughters, but maybe even for Nikos) hasn't ever been shown in story. Nothing's been shown that contradicts #1 either, but we're given basically no info to work with for everything pre-timeskip.
This is actually exactly what I'm hoping for. For me, it only feels like bad writing if both #1 and #2 turn out to be true, because they're incompatible with each other in a realistic setting. However, there's enough ambiguity in the story (what you call underdeveloped characterization) that it's still possible that one of those two facts isn't true. Either Nikos/Eva/Sofia are not on good terms with Marina and they're concealing that fact, or they're not really treating Marina poorly and we're being misled regarding their intentions. I'm okay with underdeveloped characterization early in the story if it's being used in this way to conceal a mystery. But in order for it to be satisfying the missing pieces need to be filled in by the time the story reaches its climax.

Stevedore100

Dec 4, 2023
The event that happened all those months ago hasn't been explained. All this time I've assumed Andrew crossdressed, which is why he took to being Elena so easily. But what if he took his method acting too far before. What if he went method as a hard drug addict for a role and he, say, had a cocaine overdose? If that happened and Marina stayed with him, but her family lost trust in him as they don't trust drug abusers, being close to the mafia as they are... that could be a motive for the family to pull Andrew and their cousin/niece apart while putting Andrews mind on something else than the drugs.
All trees responses end up pointing to what us a central issue/problem/unexplained oddity - the family has all seemed to switch at some point to 100% complete integration of a character named Elena having been part of their family for 20 some years. If it just because Andrew told them they need to, that's not a very acceptable reason, method acting or no. It's just creepy weird, especially to do that to Marina, but for lots of other reasons as well. The whole Toska thing seems to have been forgotten for now - you would think Marina or Elena would be like "hey, how's the Toska deal going?" I am looking for something more, just like all of you, to explain this weird family behavior.
Nikos started this whole thing with his odd idea, but it appeared to be the daughters who ran with it, and the mysterious Joanna who is doing something,very all seem to think.

Also, in the latest chapter, Sofia offering Elena alcohol seems a bad omen given Andrews past alcohol induced behavior

Alicia Mae

Dec 13, 2023
Also, in the latest chapter, Sofia offering Elena alcohol seems a bad omen given Andrews past alcohol induced behavior
I hadn’t even thought of this! Elena really comes out of her shell after a drink or two. I can’t wait to see her discussing her engagement after a few drinks. She’ll be raving about how romantic Nikos is, and eyeing the juicy bulge in his swim trunks.

I agree it’s odd how quickly the family made the transition to 100% onboard with Elena being part of their life. But with Joel (and later James) living with them, and the home being bugged, it seems like they didn’t have a choice. It was “embrace Elena” or everything falls through, and they might even go to jail. (The same way Seferi was supposedly framed)

Maybe Eva is struggling to deal with how involved this ruse has become, and that’s why she’s been mostly quiet lately.

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
Regarding kpop:

So I want to give the benefit of the doubt here. Rather than clunkly dialogue and over explaining contrived developments, I'm going read into it as our sissified protagonist has conditioned themselves and normalized being feminized. Hence, referring to themselves as a girl, and grabbing the highest heels. I could have done without the idea that she only picked the highest heels because it was the "first outfit I can get my hands on", as the idea that out of a closet full of clothes, she really couldn't spare an extra half second to reach for the 2nd closest pair of shoes ridiculous. So, instead, I'll treat it that as she put on the first outfit she wanted to wear.

Maybe this will get retconned in or revisited, but I'm actually surprised there wasn't more done with the earbuds during the night. Like, while she was masturbating, if they were playing a male voice, or if affirmations were being played while sleeping. I'm guessing that this setup so that the earbuds weren't removed is so that whatever happens at the doctor's office can occur without protest.

Regarding Aphrodite's Mirror:

Alright, Sofia's really just here to fuck with Elena, right? Like, this is some "I killed Mufasa" type of rubbing it in, right? Really reinforces my posts previously on both her and Nikos. Seem like absolute psychos here.

Really dislike how dumb Marina is coming off here. On the one hand, I can understand her frustrations, considering she's being gaslit by her uncle and cousin. And she might even be concerned that Andrew is also just gaslighting her now by not using the password. But... I mean, Marina should know something is wrong.

GREECE619.png
GREECE650.png
GREECE834.png

Now, she's on the phone with Sofia, and if we assume that as this phone conversation goes on, Sofia is a "bad guy" and convinces Marina that Andrew has been sleeping with Nikos and becoming Elena was what he always wanted which is why he's ignoring the password... That would almost work EXCEPT for panel 650 where Elena is repeatedly breaking character, wanting to talk privately, and clearly confused. Like... that's not the actions of a person who has betrayed you and decided to become your Aunt forever. That's clearly a person who has no idea what's going on. Safewords are fine and dandy, but sometimes you have to notice that the person is clearly struggling and "break" the rules.

I'm guessing, but it seems to me like Elena sleeping with Nikos is going to be used as justification for Marina to pursue another relationship, and ... it just feels weak. If this is where the story is going, it's not like this is helping to further emasculate Andrew. He's already had sex with a man. It's not like this is a "reward" for Marina. Nor is it some kind of comeuppance, as it's not like Marina's been a bad person. So... what is this, lol? Maybe it's just drama, so Marina can have her fling and Melissa can have a some hot sex scenes with a younger couple, before bringing the story back to Marina and Andrew trying to escape this situation.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Maybe this will get retconned in or revisited, but I'm actually surprised there wasn't more done with the earbuds during the night. Like, while she was masturbating, if they were playing a male voice, or if affirmations were being played while sleeping. I'm guessing that this setup so that the earbuds weren't removed is so that whatever happens at the doctor's office can occur without protest.
I'm thinking the earbuds were just a bizarre way to get Nick to "consent" to irreversible surgery. Minji is probably going to be "translating" what the doctor is saying to Nick. This is basically just taking the place of Joanna's roofies in Aphrodite's Mirror. If I'm right, I'll be kinda disappointed that it's pretty much the exact same scenario again.

Alright, Sofia's really just here to fuck with Elena, right? Like, this is some "I killed Mufasa" type of rubbing it in, right? Really reinforces my posts previously on both her and Nikos. Seem like absolute psychos here.
I can't think of any other explanation at the moment...

Really dislike how dumb Marina is coming off here. On the one hand, I can understand her frustrations, considering she's being gaslit by her uncle and cousin. And she might even be concerned that Andrew is also just gaslighting her now by not using the password. But... I mean, Marina should know something is wrong.
I was so looking forward to Andrew and Marina finally getting a chance to talk for real and now I'm almost sure we're going to get blue-balled out of it when Marina gets angry and storms off. Argh! I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm guessing, but it seems to me like Elena sleeping with Nikos is going to be used as justification for Marina to pursue another relationship, and ... it just feels weak. If this is where the story is going, it's not like this is helping to further emasculate Andrew. He's already had sex with a man. It's not like this is a "reward" for Marina. Nor is it some kind of comeuppance, as it's not like Marina's been a bad person. So... what is this, lol? Maybe it's just drama, so Marina can have her fling and Melissa can have a some hot sex scenes with a younger couple, before bringing the story back to Marina and Andrew trying to escape this situation.
James is the consolation prize. At this point in the story it doesn't seem like Andrew and Marina are going to end up together, and it also doesn't seem like Marina is evil, so in order for there to be a happy ending, Marina needs to be happy at the end. Given that even the rational part of Andrew's mind seems to be embracing his new life as Elena, and given the fact that he may have done all of this to himself without realizing it, that kinda leaves Marina as the real victim of this whole debacle. I'm hoping she can find love with James and move on. And since it's been hinted that her marriage with Andrew wasn't great to begin with, maybe James is better for her.

Last edited:

rebirth095

Jul 25, 2021
I was so looking forward to Andrew and Marina finally getting a chance to talk for real and now I'm almost sure we're going to get blue-balled out of it when Marina gets angry and storms off. Argh! I really hope I'm wrong.
The bait is real. I sighed out loud when we got another "accusatory question as a cliffhanger for a part".

I'm hoping she can find love with James and move on. And since it's been hinted that her marriage with Andrew wasn't great to begin with, maybe James is better for her.
Personally, I've never personally found that possibility satisfying because it just feels like... there's not enough closure? Like, let's assume Andrew isn't a great catch. But Marina loved him enough to marry him, and it's not like they were fighting before he got feminized. Just putting myself in her shoes, as things currently are, I can't imagine being able to "move on", when my former husband is now my aunt. Like... that's just something that would haunt me. It's not like those TG stories where the wife helps her trans husband transition, and there's a bitter sweet ending where even though they're no longer together, they're able to remain friends while each pursuing new relationships.

Instead in this story, nothing goes far enough to really be satisfying, at least for me. Andrew might be a loser, but doesn't seem like a bad guy. So we neither get the satisfaction of a shitty person getting some kind of karmic retribution, nor do we get to delight in the taboo of an innocent person getting feminized. Andrew's feminization wasn't willing, so neither we nor Marina can get any satisfaction in Andrew becoming who we "wanted" to be. And say she and James (who doesn't exactly seem like that great a catch either) hit it off. She's gonna end her relationship with Andrew believing that her former husband left her to have sex with her uncle?

I think for me, one of the only satisfying conclusions to me would be:

Nikos is the piece of shit I/we keep theorizing he is and he (and the daughters) get called out on their bullshit. Nikos is denied his prize, and maybe through a lawsuit or blackmailing him (something involving this unclear mob subplot), Elena and Marina go home with a lot of money. They might not stay together, as Elena has been changed too much, and Marina isn't into older woman, but they got out together and can remain close, even if it's not as husband and wife. If Marina can be involved in calling out whoever is involved, I think that's more important to me as a "prize" then whatever relationship she ends up in at the end/epilogue. Basically, as the story stands, the big thing I'm looking for is Marina getting to confront Andrew's feminizer. Otherwise, it feels like the entire matter would still be unsettled.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Personally, I've never personally found that possibility satisfying because it just feels like... there's not enough closure? Like, let's assume Andrew isn't a great catch. But Marina loved him enough to marry him, and it's not like they were fighting before he got feminized. Just putting myself in her shoes, as things currently are, I can't imagine being able to "move on", when my former husband is now my aunt. Like... that's just something that would haunt me. It's not like those TG stories where the wife helps her trans husband transition, and there's a bitter sweet ending where even though they're no longer together, they're able to remain friends while each pursuing new relationships.
I don't think we're going to get the answers to any of those questions until we find out what happened a couple months ago, and why Andrew and Marina were "forced" to get married. That's probably going to determine how satisfying the ending turns out.

I think for me, one of the only satisfying conclusions to me would be:

Nikos is the piece of shit I/we keep theorizing he is and he (and the daughters) get called out on their bullshit. Nikos is denied his prize, and maybe through a lawsuit or blackmailing him (something involving this unclear mob subplot), Elena and Marina go home with a lot of money. They might not stay together, as Elena has been changed too much, and Marina isn't into older woman, but they got out together and can remain close, even if it's not as husband and wife. If Marina can be involved in calling out whoever is involved, I think that's more important to me as a "prize" then whatever relationship she ends up in at the end/epilogue. Basically, as the story stands, the big thing I'm looking for is Marina getting to confront Andrew's feminizer. Otherwise, it feels like the entire matter would still be unsettled.
It had occurred to me back when Seferi was first introduced that he's also an attractive older man who has been with both men and women, so he could be a potential love interest for Elena. Right now he seems pretty shady, but if you're right and Nikos is the big bad, maybe Elena and Marina escape from him, keep his money, and Elena ends up with Seferi somehow and remains friends with Marina, who would no longer need to deal with the ick of her ex-husband being her aunt.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
Does Andrew even want to escape? At this point even knowing about his own method acting went too far there is no effort put into going back to being Andrew. At least not even mentally.
He might want to escape from Nikos even if he doesn't want to escape being a woman. For example, if he found out that Nikos orchestrated his transformation somehow for the purposes of creating himself a wife/sex slave.

MyraTSF

Dec 22, 2023
He might want to escape from Nikos even if he doesn't want to escape being a woman. For example, if he found out that Nikos orchestrated his transformation somehow for the purposes of creating himself a wife/sex slave.
The risks of creating a sex slave this way would outweight any benefits. If Nikos is as wealthy as shown then he shouldn't have the need to go all this way and perhaps just get a trophy wife.

Meanwhile a person from the USA is turned into a milf and vanishes from the face of the earth. What if Andrew had friends or family who would look for him. First suspect would be Marina and they are still legally married. She comes back to the US and then what? How does she explain everything to the authorities :D
If she tries Nikos whole plan with the Albanian billionaire falls apart. Maybe I'm just trying to defend Nikos here because the whole "can of worms" if he turns out to be evil could be quite large.

Thalantyr

Dec 1, 2023
The risks of creating a sex slave this way would outweight any benefits. If Nikos is as wealthy as shown then he shouldn't have the need to go all this way and perhaps just get a trophy wife.

Meanwhile a person from the USA is turned into a milf and vanishes from the face of the earth. What if Andrew had friends or family who would look for him. First suspect would be Marina and they are still legally married. She comes back to the US and then what? How does she explain everything to the authorities :D
If she tries Nikos whole plan with the Albanian billionaire falls apart. Maybe I'm just trying to defend Nikos here because the whole "can of worms" if he turns out to be evil could be quite large.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. Plus the biggest question I'd have would be why would he specifically choose his niece's husband to do this to? Seems pretty fucked up.

And yet, right now it's pretty hard to explain why Nikos and Sofia are acting the way they are if they're not evil. Not saying there can't be a good explanation, but right now I have no idea what it might be. The best I can come up with is that Andrew, while in Elena mode, seduced Nikos off-screen and was really convincing about wanting to be a woman and that he and Marina aren't right for each other.