VN Ren'Py Melissa's Adventures [Ch.1 the Ancient Symbol] [CosmoK]

2.80 star(s) 9 Votes

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
Why should I be forced out of the game if I make a wrong choice??
Yeah this isn't something I am a fan of with VNs personally. The artwork, and characters so far are the highlights. Lack of images, I know it's Alpha, but still missing alot

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
As a modder and fan of melinda from foot of the mountains, im excited to see where this goes.

As a developer, I hate getting unsolicited advice on my game, and as such, don't give unsolicited advice to other devs. But I feel compelled to make an exception.

Maybe consider not hard quitting the game after a game over. Either give the player a chance to learn from their mistakes, or create some kind of negative outcome aside from closing the game on the player without warning.

Of course, do what you want to do. You didn't ask for my opinion, but I just really think that could help.

Best of luck

Edit: Shit, I didn't even realize it was CosmoK! Should have known from the amazing art! If you want to chat gameplay or mechanics, shoot me a message on discord:

SamKassor

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2024
As a modder and fan of melinda from foot of the mountains, im excited to see where this goes.

As a developer, I hate getting unsolicited advice on my game, and as such, don't give unsolicited advice to other devs. But I feel compelled to make an exception.

Maybe consider not hard quitting the game after a game over. Either give the player a chance to learn from their mistakes, or create some kind of negative outcome aside from closing the game on the player without warning.

Of course, do what you want to do. You didn't ask for my opinion, but I just really think that could help.

Best of luck

Edit: Shit, I didn't even realize it was CosmoK! Should have known from the amazing art! If you want to chat gameplay or mechanics, shoot me a message on discord:
Good evening Llamamann ,

yes, it's him, and his magnificent artwork. One that can take “Mel” (for Mel fans) to a stratospheric level.

Absolutely for GameOver, it's too punitive but it exists elsewhere but the concept in Alpha is basic, which triggers frustration and incomprehension (logical)

I took the time to chat with people as best I could, depending on my schedule since this weekend and the criticism of Game Over is perfectly understandable. You're not the first, it's true, to bring it up for advice.
Yesterday I started dismantling and modifying the Game Over.
We have quite a few ideas for establishing a rule (a simple linear mechanics). but variations will be present.

By following the reading (it's true that everyone has a vision of the game and orients preferences according to their preferences - a self-centering bias)

So it's better to purify and stay focused on those accustomed to traditional renPy mechanics rather than wanting to please by installing the wishes which are often injunctions because it will distort the vision of the project.

In the many pieces of advice received, one seems present and tacit: it is the packs of 300 images by 300.
The game must advance in packs of 300 images so as not to disappoint.
The next version will have a modified GameOver (for sure)
We will remove all non-illustrated text in the next version (to avoid that in-depth feeling of an unfinished game)
But this Alpha allows you to have a vision that goes quite far in this chapter 1. It was better not to show the progress but I can confirm that many loved reading until the end because they imagined the scenes in their heads . This is a good signal for us.

And I have a question, I downloaded, grind fest (your nogrind FOTM version), I didn't know that CosmoK had worked on it and with you.
are you going to do an update? Apparently people are waiting for her.

Thank you for your support of CosmoK and this project, it's reassuring to have the support of people who are known here.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Good evening Llamamann ,

yes, it's him, and his magnificent artwork. One that can take “Mel” (for Mel fans) to a stratospheric level.

Absolutely for GameOver, it's too punitive but it exists elsewhere but the concept in Alpha is basic, which triggers frustration and incomprehension (logical)

I took the time to chat with people as best I could, depending on my schedule since this weekend and the criticism of Game Over is perfectly understandable. You're not the first, it's true, to bring it up for advice.
Yesterday I started dismantling and modifying the Game Over.
We have quite a few ideas for establishing a rule (a simple linear mechanics). but variations will be present.

By following the reading (it's true that everyone has a vision of the game and orients preferences according to their preferences - a self-centering bias)

So it's better to purify and stay focused on those accustomed to traditional renPy mechanics rather than wanting to please by installing the wishes which are often injunctions because it will distort the vision of the project.

In the many pieces of advice received, one seems present and tacit: it is the packs of 300 images by 300.
The game must advance in packs of 300 images so as not to disappoint.
The next version will have a modified GameOver (for sure)
We will remove all non-illustrated text in the next version (to avoid that in-depth feeling of an unfinished game)
But this Alpha allows you to have a vision that goes quite far in this chapter 1. It was better not to show the progress but I can confirm that many loved reading until the end because they imagined the scenes in their heads . This is a good signal for us.

And I have a question, I downloaded, grind fest (your nogrind FOTM version), I didn't know that CosmoK had worked on it and with you.
are you going to do an update? Apparently people are waiting for her.

Thank you for your support of CosmoK and this project, it's reassuring to have the support of people who are known here.
we can chat more on discord if you want to message me there, link is in my last post

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Wow, such beautiful BUTTerflies :cool:

The sound that goes with the 'dangerous' moves of the young boy is hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Thank you CosmoK, excellent work !

Last edited:

AdultFunGamer

Jul 22, 2022
The game needs a Wincest...
Melissa just looks too hot. She would be an amazing mommy. Nahui's mother could become a friend or an aunt and Melissa could become a mom :) .

Last edited:
Reactions: onefingersalute

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Ok... The "visible" pictures so far are convincing... Melissa 10/10... The story promises to be interesting, even though it's been quite short so far... But why do I have the feeling that this guy is not of age, as it was written in the introduction... Of course I know this should be written, but still... Maybe I'm not wrong, but I think the story tells the romantic story of these two characters??? I would definitely be interested in what additional tags we can count on... This determines the interest among players in many ways... And the main question is how ready is this story in the developer's mind? Or is it constantly shaped based on new ideas? There could be a million questions about this new game, but for now, good luck...

Reactions: DirtyDangles0101

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
I like the artwork that is present. For the story I just had to do some revisions for I could read it better so I did. And of course I did another revision to make it incest. I'm a bad writer...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Left-click to 'Save As'

2.80 star(s) 9 Votes