VN Ren'Py Melissa's Adventures [Ch.1 the Ancient Symbol] [CosmoK]

2.80 star(s) 9 Votes

onefingersalute

Formerly 'underwatersparkle'
Mar 30, 2022
game looks good but someone leaked this shit way to early half of the renders are not done because this is Alpha build we need the beta version for fck sake already this so we can all play it with renders lol

SamKassor

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2024
game looks good but someone leaked this shit way to early half of the renders are not done because this is Alpha build we need the beta version for fck sake already this so we can all play it with renders lol

Unfortunately, we know that some people don't take the time to read the context called "Developer Notes:" and sometimes come to complain with bad words, to say what we know...

However, we have put a prevention message in which we explain why. And we understand the possible inconvenience, it's a matter of understanding.

There is a saying in my country: every acorn one day becomes an oak.
We start with a very first game, which is not that empty and which with 300M0 is in the standard ALPHA versions.
We are aware of the difficulties inherent in building the game and we do not want to disappoint people.

Come back in a while to try the improved versions, you will be less angry.

Reactions: perseus420

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
Hello SamKassor
Thank you for presenting your project here and for being represented here in the forum.

The female character is very popular/in demand, but is rarely found in a finished/very advanced game. The few graphics are very nicely done, offer many details and very unusual perspectives.

Unfortunately, for me personally, the project was released far too early. The few graphics and the large amount of text give me the wrong impression. The text box should definitely be adapted/revised (size, transparency). You should reconsider the fact that decisions almost always result in a "game over", as I find it pointless and very annoying.
A lot of work is still needed before the existing material actually becomes a meaningful prologue/really playable beta version. Only time will tell whether the wait is worth it.

In any case, the story is promising and I wish you all the best.

bigbobby0940

Jul 21, 2020
Unfortunately, we know that some people don't take the time to read the context called "Developer Notes:" and sometimes come to complain with bad words, to say what we know...

However, we have put a prevention message in which we explain why. And we understand the possible inconvenience, it's a matter of understanding.

There is a saying in my country: every acorn one day becomes an oak.
We start with a very first game, which is not that empty and which with 300M0 is in the standard ALPHA versions.
We are aware of the difficulties inherent in building the game and we do not want to disappoint people.

Come back in a while to try the improved versions, you will be less angry.
Imagine typing this on this website of all places.

How many 0.1 games do we get on the daily that are lucky to reach a 0.3 or god forbid, they REACH a 0.3 release and the developer either:

1. Starts to go off the rails by adding in an entire country worth of characters nobody cares for
2. Remasters the game already (this one always gets a good giggle out of me).

There should be a new moderator rule on this sub that everyone of these games that are 0.1 versions should have a mandatory listed playtime listed right in the OP. Sick of downloading 400MB of shit that ends in 1 minute.

• Haha
Reactions: Oliz82

HughNose

May 5, 2022
Stunningly beautiful scenery! Lovely milf and very cute boy. Great artwork!
Really hope to see more of the story!

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
Imagine typing this on this website of all places.

How many 0.1 games do we get on the daily that are lucky to reach a 0.3 or god forbid, they REACH a 0.3 release and the developer either:

1. Starts to go off the rails by adding in an entire country worth of characters nobody cares for
2. Remasters the game already (this one always gets a good giggle out of me).

There should be a new moderator rule on this sub that everyone of these games that are 0.1 versions should have a mandatory listed playtime listed right in the OP. Sick of downloading 400MB of shit that ends in 1 minute.
hallo

I don't see any need for such a change.

it's only your decision to view/download a game in such an early version.
Just wait until the first updates are released and only then download the game.

Kitiuuu

Sep 14, 2023
the game seems to be good, but flat, dark and the text could be done beautifully and neatly, and the choice you make is a dark screen and text in the middle of the screen and then the text goes down and then there are no pictures what kind of not-ready game is a so-so game why was it shown at all

SamKassor

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2024
Hello SamKassor
Thank you for presenting your project here and for being represented here in the forum.

The female character is very popular/in demand, but is rarely found in a finished/very advanced game. The few graphics are very nicely done, offer many details and very unusual perspectives.

Unfortunately, for me personally, the project was released far too early. The few graphics and the large amount of text give me the wrong impression. The text box should definitely be adapted/revised (size, transparency). You should reconsider the fact that decisions almost always result in a "game over", as I find it pointless and very annoying.
A lot of work is still needed before the existing material actually becomes a meaningful prologue/really playable beta version. Only time will tell whether the wait is worth it.

In any case, the story is promising and I wish you all the best.

Good evening, thank you for having studied the expected mechanisms in this context of RenPy game and for having taken the time, calmly to try this Alpha version (which we know is imperfect, but still sufficiently provided with illustrations to understand what speaks chapter 01)

And I know that in general, we never have enough. We want to see more illustrations and click more... this produces understandable frustration.

For the RenPy structure, well we tame it, and there are curious Python logics, calibrations in X and y to be better defined.
For a contrast effect and RGAA for visually impaired people, I would still like to stay with a text area with enough contrast to read better.

- however, your point is correct and we are going to modify the opacity by a few % (less opaque).

For the quantity of text, we wanted a large number of dialogues which allows CosmoK to be able to express more nuances about the characters. Obviously, this requires calculating more images but it avoids having two alternating images or even a single image. We want to preserve this richness of nuances and installations.

It's a game where you have to read, it's true.

For Game Over, I recognize that it is punitive. (huhu)
And it was done on purpose, anyway it's 50/50 and once the mechanism is understood the player knows what to expect. (a flick of the rear mouse wheel or pad).

However, Game Over should not suddenly leave the game, it's too abrupt. It will return to the game menu.

Only time yes can demonstrate a failure or a success, but CosmoK also studies your feedback, it is now confronted with another context and it is different to do a RenPy compared to what it did before: magnificent Artworks for the F95 community.

He and I are worried because there are a lot of people here, especially demanding people who all already have desires for what they want to see, they often judge harshly, it is relentless and it is utopian to think that our work will appeal to everyone. Some people won't like it.

It will be impossible to twist the game so that each person is satisfied. it will no longer be "chapter 01".

Hence our caution and I repeat, CosmoK and I are starting with RenPy, many parameters must be refined. and Daz side too (not so simple).

Thank you very much for this support and kindness.

Reactions: methusalix55

SamKassor

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2024
the game seems to be good, but flat, dark and the text could be done beautifully and neatly, and the choice you make is a dark screen and text in the middle of the screen and then the text goes down and then there are no pictures what kind of not-ready game is a so-so game why was it shown at all

Unfortunately, we know that some people don't take the time to read the context called "Developer Notes:" and sometimes come to complain, to say what we know...

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018

Care to enlighten us what the links are?

I mean - how hard could it be to describe the content you're linking instead of expecting everybody to click an unknown link?

bigbobby0940

Jul 21, 2020
hallo

I don't see any need for such a change.

it's only your decision to view/download a game in such an early version.
Just wait until the first updates are released and only then download the game.
First updates mean nothing either, you have 0.8s on this website with 3 minutes of content.

Makes no sense why people don't just put a simple "around 10 minutes of content" in the shitty OP to save everyone some time on these abandon-bait games.

2.80 star(s) 9 Votes