4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
yes i know and i hope he will "fix" all these .. "fautpas" in that last update
BTW.. did i not read somewhere that in THIS update there will be some additions to the several paths that were closed in the previous update? Did anybody check that?

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Yes the game WAS great .. but you must agree: the last 3 updates were hurried in order to finish it and start something else. Previous sex scenes had several animations each, while here we have for instance the only 3 some and the only 4 some in the whole game and not a single animation in any of them.. The text in the previous 2 updates was also below the general level of the game.. They were clearly tired of it and wanted to have it done..That's human i think. Although a little dissapointing. But the rest was indeed great!
you are not completely wrong, but you came to the wrong conclusions though:
the story updates always contained 1 full week (start of the week, middle of the week, weekend)
the updates always were made within 1 month (the other month(s) were for DMD game.
Once the paths differed and their number grew in last updates, also because of the possibility to have certain path combinations possible, they had to script a lot more scenes (and also some scenes in multiple ways of outcome) overall to get the full week.
Reasonning this, it should be clear that this additional time has to be "cut off" somewhere which maybe results in slighly shorter scenes. Overall the content per update is neither rushed or shortent - much more the overall-content of the last updates got more. (but i understand that you feel it would be less within last updates, because you probably don't play all possible routes and combos.)

EDIT:
I also may remind on the fact, that MrDots updates content he made within each month EXACTLY on ETA (with 1 exeption which he announced early and delayed for few days - but nevertheless went on point of ETA with next update again).
I dont know any other dev team which is so reliable on holding ETA, giving EXACT ETA each time over 1 month before, and even putting such an ammount of content in monthly updates, where other devs need 3 months (or more) to get less content out (y)

Last edited:

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
It was very rushed I thought. Everything was going great then ... I know the music world is very volatile but ...
I got "good ending" which was lousy. The trouble with novels; how do you finish them. That was not the way. I feel cheated. It went so fast. Ten minutes and it was over.

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
According to the WT:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It will probably be the end where she goes with Koko on the European tour and becomes then a very big star. For me this is not a perfect ending becaus it excludes by default any 3 some with M & Fi, not to mention a 4 some with also Xi. I can't understand why in a "perfect ending" those options are excluded while in an ending which is only "good" they are there.. For me, this ending would be perfect if Melody would indeed go with Koko on that tour and have a great career after that BUT Fi would be with her (and with the MC) along the whole path including when the child comes (even if that happens "10 years later) and Fi becomes her godmother. I didnt play this ending yet but if the requierment is to have "Melody only", that means .. no Fi.. and that for me is far from perfect. As well as it can't be perfect if also the baby is excluded who would make all even more happy than their careers, mostly if they dont have to chose between career and child but (in time) they could have BOTH. ...And Fi :) And on top of that , also in time, Fi and Xi could get married (with eachother of course) and both would be godmothers then :)
Maybe in the last update in December we could see such an ending ..
But Perfect Ending is for MELODY. Not for you, you horny one ;)

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
But Perfect Ending is for MELODY. Not for you, you horny one ;)
And is it perfect for Melody to not have also Fi and Xi to play with? Afterall shes a horny one too .. And is it perfect for Melody to not have a baby?

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
And is it perfect for Melody to not have also Fi and Xi to play with? Afterall shes a horny one too .. And is it perfect for Melody to not have a baby?
She wanted to become a rockstar since the first day. Fi and Xi happen way back (and you trigger them...). So Yes the perfect ending is not involving any of the other girls.... And the baby part can happen later I mean she is around 19 and after the two skipps still under 30 :D :)

Reactions: Mark17

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
you are not completely wrong, but you came to the wrong conclusions though:
the story updates always contained 1 full week (start of the week, middle of the week, weekend)
the updates always were made within 1 month (the other month(s) were for DMD game.
Once the paths differed and their number grew in last updates, also because of the possibility to have certain path combinations possible, they had to script a lot more scenes (and also some scenes in multiple ways of outcome) overall to get the full week.
Reasonning this, it should be clear that this additional time has to be "cut off" somewhere which maybe results in slighly shorter scenes. Overall the content per update is neither rushed or shortent - much more the overall-content of the last updates got more. (but i understand that you feel it would be less within last updates, because you probably don't play all possible routes and combos.)

EDIT:
I also may remind on the fact, that MrDots updates content he made within each month EXACTLY on ETA (with 1 exeption which he announced early and delayed for few days - but nevertheless went on point of ETA with next update again).
I dont know any other dev team which is so reliable on holding ETA, giving EXACT ETA each time over 1 month before, and even putting such an ammount of content in monthly updates, where other devs need 3 months (or more) to get less content out (y)
Speed and quantity are good, but i was speaking about quality.. And i did play ALL the endings and all the routes!

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
the main plot is Melody to get her dream -> be a worldwide musician superstar (as told everytime since the beginning of the game)
thats the point where melody family is a GOOD ending, but not the "perfect" one ;)

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
She wanted to become a rockstar since the first day. Fi and Xi happen way back (and you trigger them...). So Yes the perfect ending is not involving any of the other girls.... And the baby part can happen later I mean she is around 19 and after the two skipps still under 30 :D :)
later than .. "ten years later" ?

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
the main plot is Melody to get her dream -> be a worldwide musician superstar (as told everytime since the beginning of the game)
thats the point where melody family is a GOOD ending, but not the "perfect" one ;)
Yes BUT this is a SEX game, remember? And to have a 3some and a 4some relationship already developed in such a SEX game and not include any of them in a "perfect" ending... is that not a little too "midwestish" for a SEX game?

• Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Yes the game WAS great .. but you must agree: the last 3 updates were hurried in order to finish it and start something else.
Yeah, I'll assume the whole Melody-Melody-DmD schedule thing was getting annoying for them since they decided to wrap up both games at once. They'll almost certainly focus on a single game for the next project instead of a dual-release thing again, which makes sense considering how Melody was more or less forced out of them because of the Patreon morality police going after DmD.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Yes BUT this is a SEX game, remember? And to have a 3some and a 4some relationship already developed in such a SEX game and not include any of them in a "perfect" ending... is that not a little too "midwestish" for a SEX game?
you are WRONG!
Its a simple adult VN (visual novell) - something that tells a story.
This MAY contain sexual content, but its not for sex in the first place!
You guys always think a VN has to be sex, sex and after that again SEX.... it's your fault to think that way
MrDots always claimed to write good stories which contain sexual content of course, but NEVER to write fuck feat-scenes and wrap something around which you may call a "story" ;)

EDIT:
For pure sexual content and pure sex scenes i recommend to play other games which offer such simple sex-stuff. Dots games will always focus on story first, and after that they will look how sex scenes will match in there. Not the other way around.
Once again i remind that melody is "a story of a girl who is dreaming about to be a superstar and getting her dream come true"
and NOT:
"A story about a young virgin who likes music and managed to loose her virginity to her manger who is cheating by fucking every whole he can get into"

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes