4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

carter111

Jul 26, 2017
it won't let me reject amy and go with melody instead (bug), also apparently the game thinks i've kissed her (amy) although i did not...

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Now with this new update I think it's time for me to officially give this game a go, though I don't have any doubts that the game is good, it is after all made by the creator of DMD, which is one of my all time favorites :)

pigg

Jun 15, 2018
it won't let me reject amy and go with melody instead (bug), also apparently the game thinks i've kissed her (amy) although i did not...
I had to lock Amy in the prefs to get the choice and then I unlocked her afterwards. Not sure if the locking/unlocking function has any consequences, but there is always the variable-viewer/console.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
When do you use piqued?
The word set we’re examining today can send writers into a spiral of uncertainty when it comes to word choice, particularly in the context of one expression: piqued my interest, peaked my interest, or peeked my interest?

The answer is —and here’s why. Pique means “to excite (interest, curiosity, etc.),” as in “The suspenseful movie trailer piqued my curiosity.” The term also means “to with sharp irritation and resentment, especially by some wound to pride.” This, of course, is another form of excitement, even if it is undesirable.

When do you use peaked?
A , on the other hand, is “the pointed top of something, such as a mountain.” When speaking figuratively, a peak is the highest or most important point or level, as in “Campaigning with the president was the peak of her political career.” As a verb, peak or means “to attain the highest point of activity, development, or popularity,” as in “The artist peaked in the 1980s.”

When do you use peeked?
There is a third —or “word that sounds the same but carries a different meaning.” In this case, it also has a different spelling— . Peekmeans “to look or glance quickly or furtively, especially through a small opening or from a concealed location.” Here’s an example: “Before the performance, he peeked out from behind the curtain, and took a deep breath to steady his nerves.”

How can you remember which homophone to use?
Learning the subtleties in meaning is only half the battle; remembering which term to use in which context is what counts. One trick to remembering the difference is to focus on the Q in pique. Q is one of in the English language, which makes it unique, or one might even say exciting. This association might help you remember that pique with a Q means “excite.”

Here’s another tip: If you associate the two Es in peek with the two Os in look, you should have no trouble keeping this one straight.

piqued..hehehee

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
I had to lock Amy in the prefs to get the choice and then I unlocked her afterwards. Not sure if the locking/unlocking function has any consequences, but there is always the variable-viewer/console.
*smack head* Oh yeah i forgot about those. I went back to an old save and bought the other parfume for Amy's birthday and it did the trick, so I'm guessing the bug lies there.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No, the word "peaked" is exactly right actually, "piqued" means something entirely different :p

When do you use piqued?
The word set we’re examining today can send writers into a spiral of uncertainty when it comes to word choice, particularly in the context of one expression: piqued my interest, peaked my interest, or peeked my interest?

The answer is —and here’s why. Pique means “to excite (interest, curiosity, etc.),” as in “The suspenseful movie trailer piqued my curiosity.” The term also means “to with sharp irritation and resentment, especially by some wound to pride.” This, of course, is another form of excitement, even if it is undesirable.

When do you use peaked?
A , on the other hand, is “the pointed top of something, such as a mountain.” When speaking figuratively, a peak is the highest or most important point or level, as in “Campaigning with the president was the peak of her political career.” As a verb, peak or means “to attain the highest point of activity, development, or popularity,” as in “The artist peaked in the 1980s.”

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
When do you use piqued?

When do you use peaked?

When do you use peeked?
There is a third —or “word that sounds the same but carries a different meaning.” In this case, it also has a different spelling— . Peekmeans “to look or glance quickly or furtively, especially through a small opening or from a concealed location.” Here’s an example: “Before the performance, he peeked out from behind the curtain, and took a deep breath to steady his nerves.”

Learning the subtleties in meaning is only half the battle; remembering which term to use in which context is what counts. One trick to remembering the difference is to focus on the Q in pique. Q is one of in the English language, which makes it unique, or one might even say exciting. This association might help you remember that pique with a Q means “excite.”

Here’s another tip: If you associate the two Es in peek with the two Os in look, you should have no trouble keeping this one straight.

piqued..hehehee
Hmm, didn't think of it that way actually, haha, both words are valid (peaked and piqued), but in this case I think "peaked" was the right choice of word :p

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
When do you use piqued?

When do you use peaked?

When do you use peeked?

piqued..hehehee
Dude! You read my mind! lol

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes