4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
What was the issue?
I didn't follow the WT, but could open Amy's route. Arnold wasn't at her birthday, didn't lie to her whenever an opportunity to talk about Melody was presented and gave her the expensive gift.
When you talk to amy when she's on the beach LIE but it don't go over as liying .

Reactions: Safetydummy

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
No he was supposed to be couple years younger than Amy if I remember correctly from the start?
Yeah, I thought Amy said she was 31, which would have made her 12 when Melody was born (my older sister is 10 years older than me, so having a niece that's 12 years younger isn't out of the question). If the MC is within 5 years, then I seriously doubt it was more than a quip in the grocery store. I'm her age and have been through a 5 year relationship and then dated on and off for another 10 since then. I can definitely see the MC being 30's, although I could slide into a college party and not get confused for a parent (have had professors around 30 though).

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
HaHa , I didn't do any math. Just said what I thought was close to right. But I hope to fucking hell that ain't gonna be real!!

Reactions: Enyos

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
If the MC is within 5 years, then I seriously doubt it was more than a quip in the grocery store. I'm her age and have been through a 5 year relationship and then dated on and off for another 10 since then. I can definitely see the MC being 30's, although I could slide into a college party and not get confused for a parent (have had professors around 30 though).
Well now that I think about it he said early 30s and amy mid 30s I don't know really. But I just slid into a college party a bout a year ago and I'm mid 40's if that makes a diff

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
The walkthrough does seem to be all over the place and considering these updates are episodic- it appears that some choices/rewards/penalties aren't realized until it's too late. The Amy/perfume/Arnold at dinner thing still kind of ticks me off (I even did a restart, following the walkthrough, and still couldn't get the right outcome- Amy's route is forever closed).
You might have to go into the relationship tab, then click on *other girls*. you can lock out or unlock other girls stories from there. I found Becca to get annoying and ended up locking her part out towards the end.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Well now that I think about it he said early 30s and amy mid 30s I don't know really. But I just slid into a college party a bout a year ago and I'm mid 40's if that makes a diff
I'd have to replay the beginning again, but for some reason I have it stuck in my head that Amy is 31. Whether she or Melody said it, I do not recall.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
You might have to go into the relationship tab, then click on other girls. you can lock out or unlock other girls stories from there. I found Becca to get annoying and ended up locking her part out towards the end.
Don't know how far you are but looks like everybody is gonna have to start to lockout whoever they don't want to end up with>

Reactions: Philip Screwdriver

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Are we sure about that? If @Jeff Steel is a lawyer, he could speak to this, but why would Bethany have the legal right to all the MC's possessions when they weren't married?
I would suggest you not look into this any further or you will probably be pissed at how easy it is for men to get legally screwed in relationships. The mc will get off lite since they had no children. Some would say having all his stuff taken is a small sacrifice to get rid of her.

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
MC en Melody bonding a bit to nicely Tbh, or at least currently I'm not saying it shouldn't happen but there could be a bit more turmoil. Sure she has a bit of attitude to her Ex and step dad but she's still very young. She still could show some immaturity here and or there.

Couple of chapters ago there was a very nice moment with MC and Melody, and that could have been a perfect setup for a follow up event which could involve angry drunken make up sex.
Mr Dots can PM me if he thinks i may have good idea. Not something i wanna spoil. Unless similar ideas have been suggested before. Not gonna read 200 pages to check.

All though i'm not sure it would translate well into Ren py game mechanics thats something for him to decide.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Are we sure about that? If @Jeff Steel is a lawyer, he could speak to this, but why would Bethany have the legal right to all the MC's possessions when they weren't married?
I think we would be dealing with Common Law Marriage which isn't universal, but does exist in some countries. I've link the Wiki page for you if you wish.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I'd have to replay the beginning again, but for some reason I have it stuck in my head that Amy is 31. Whether she or Melody said it, I do not recall.
I'm gonna replay maybe this week because I didn't save all my routes, but got time after tomorrow. Just want to be ready for next ep. Can't wait, weird ain't it.WOOOHAAA hack cough snort

Jun 4, 2017
Common law marriage, it's when 2 people live together and share payments. Almost the same rights as a married couple without the actual marriage.

When 2 people live together like that, unless a prenup or other legal agreement is made, all property and finances are shared. She pre empted and went through a lawyer which gave her headway. He just ran away which while writing an email saying she could have it all.

He didn't seek legal advice of his own nor did he try and fight so in the eyes of the law he gave up any rights to any property. We only have one brief internal monologue saying he worked his ass off for the car not that he paid for it himself in full.

Unless he has paperwork with his name on it he is, if you'll excuse my language, fucked like a cheap Saigon whore.
Actually, you're wrong. In the first place, common-law marriage only exists in a limited number of jurisdictions--20% or so of US states, Ontario (plus something somewhat similar in Quebec and BC) , the UK (of course), some old English territories, and, oddly enough, Israel.

Second, "2 people living together and sharing payments" is not sufficient for common-law status. In Colorado, for instance, common-law status only applies if the couple describes themselves as husband and wife. I believe that is also true in most other US jurisdictions which recognize common-law marriage. Given that the MC 1) never calls Bethany his wife but 2) does say they were engaged--which is to say, he had asked her to marry him but the marriage had never been formalized--it seems clear that they were not common-law spouses by any US standard. Given what I know of common-law marriage elsewhere in the world, it doesn't seem likely that they would have been common-law spouses anywhere else, either.

Third, you're assuming that "all property and finances are shared"--something which isn't even true in a great many statutory marriages. We don't know if the MC and Bethany had one checking account or two, and we don't know whose name is on the title to--or listed with the insurance company as the primary driver for--which car.

Now, again, I believe from his earlier comment that @Jeff Steel is a lawyer; I'm not, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so he may well know something I don't, and presumably it's his knowledge which has shaped the plot. But on the evidence we have to date, there is no justification for assuming common-law status for Bethany and the MC. (And even if they were common-law spouses, that doesn't necessarily give Bethany justification for seizing the MC's property; that would depend on the jurisdiction in which they live.)

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Sorry if I didn't skip back to whatever I didn't read but why we talking bout this on here? Ask Judge Judy.

Jun 4, 2017
I would suggest you not look into this any further or you will probably be pissed at how easy it is for men to get legally screwed in relationships. The mc will get off lite since they had no children. Some would say having all his stuff taken is a small sacrifice to get rid of her.
Professionally speaking, I'm actually quite well aware of that. Even so, there does have to be some legal foundation for any claim. If there are no children, their relationship had no formal legal status, the couple had separate checking accounts, the woman is employed full-time at a good wage which is in no way related to the man's work, and her relationship with the man did not in any way impair her earnings--and granted, we don't know if any of those except the first are true in this case, though --then the woman will be hard-pressed to justify taking everything.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Professionally speaking, I'm actually quite well aware of that. Even so, there does have to be some legal foundation for any claim. If there are no children, their relationship had no formal legal status, the couple had separate checking accounts, the woman is employed full-time at a good wage which is in no way related to the man's work, and her relationship with the man did not in any way impair her earnings--and granted, we don't know if any of those except the first are true in this case, though --then the woman will be hard-pressed to justify taking everything.
OH Judge Judy is here! KIDDING DON'T BE MAD

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I lived with a fiance for 9 years, so threw me out ,didn't get shit 'didn't care. Done and over with.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes