4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Common sense. If the car was in his name she'd have no claim which means it isn't. Deal might not have been finalised but he sent her an email saying she could have everything but the car, not saying which car, and that would stand up in court.

As for fair, fair has nothing to do with it. Nothing in life is fair unless you are willing to work or fight for it, he did neither.
I really don't think the court would agree that "you can have everything but the car" to mean "everything but the car I didn't drive off in".

And again, we don't know what he said. He didn't respond to her terms, which is a de facto no. He fought for what he wanted by taking it and getting away from her.

Reactions: TheDevian

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I really don't think the court would agree that "you can have everything but the car" to mean "everything but the car I didn't drive off in".

And again, we don't know what he said. He didn't respond to her terms, which is a de facto no. He fought for what he wanted by taking it and getting away from her.
How do you think that would work in court. She has the lawyer, he didn't even bother representing himself.

He couldn't even win on Judge Judy and that's scripted.

As soon as she got the lawyer and he skipped town, she won. Lawyers tend to be good at that law stuff and dealing with judges while run away ex's aren't exactly flavour of the month.

None of this is real so it doesn't matter but if it was, well it wouldn't be looking good for him.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
How do you think that would work in court. She has the lawyer, he didn't even bother representing himself.

As soon as she got the lawyer and he skipped town, she won. Lawyers tend to be good at that law stuff and dealing with judges while run away ex's aren't exactly flavour of the month.

None of this is real so it doesn't matter but if it was, well it wouldn't be looking good for him.
And none of that matters until he actually gets served. When he does, he gets a lawyer, the lawyer asks the judge for a continuance, and things get delayed 3 months.

3 months later they start discovery. A month later they go to court, and they hash it out.

He has not "already lost" because she lawyered up and he hasn't yet.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Actually, you're wrong. In the first place, common-law marriage only exists in a limited number of jurisdictions--20% or so of US states, Ontario (plus something somewhat similar in Quebec and BC) , the UK (of course), some old English territories, and, oddly enough, Israel.

Second, "2 people living together and sharing payments" is not sufficient for common-law status. In Colorado, for instance, common-law status only applies if the couple describes themselves as husband and wife. I believe that is also true in most other US jurisdictions which recognize common-law marriage. Given that the MC 1) never calls Bethany his wife but 2) does say they were engaged--which is to say, he had asked her to marry him but the marriage had never been formalized--it seems clear that they were not common-law spouses by any US standard. Given what I know of common-law marriage elsewhere in the world, it doesn't seem likely that they would have been common-law spouses anywhere else, either.

Third, you're assuming that "all property and finances are shared"--something which isn't even true in a great many statutory marriages. We don't know if the MC and Bethany had one checking account or two, and we don't know whose name is on the title to--or listed with the insurance company as the primary driver for--which car.

Now, again, I believe from his earlier comment that @Jeff Steel is a lawyer; I'm not, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so he may well know something I don't, and presumably it's his knowledge which has shaped the plot. But on the evidence we have to date, there is no justification for assuming common-law status for Bethany and the MC. (And even if they were common-law spouses, that doesn't necessarily give Bethany justification for seizing the MC's property; that would depend on the jurisdiction in which they live.)
Hearsz is the one who wrote the part about Beth hunting down MC. Realistically, if she’s doing this only over a car and/or bank account, I’m not sure the stakes are big enough to make her return worth it. I’m pushing for something a bit more revolving around her inability to let him go and thus running into something a little more fraught with domestic danger.

We’ll see where this leads.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
He vanished for most of the year she doesn't know he wasn't fucking around and i'm pretty sure she's the one with the money.

She did the smart thing and went for a lawyer, he ran away after agreeing to her having everything. He didn't respond after the car thing so what was he expecting to happen?

He ran away with what is now legally hers. She may be a salty bitch but he's a manchild with no sense of responsibility or common sense. Plus it's a game, she was always going to pop back up at some point, that was obvious.

I just find it hard to sympathise with anyone that runs away from their problems. She'd already won, he helped her by running off and screwed himself.
So what if he "vanished" for a year? lol
The universe in this game has cellphones, they can easily communicate, you talk as if he just disappeared and assumed that he never contact her during that time. This normally, would nullify your point of "she doesn't know he wasn't fucking around", but since you want to simulate real life logical choices, she's supposed to be committed to him if they're engaged, going around cheating on him just because she's paranoid or "doesn't know he wasn't fucking around" being reasonable is a ... silly logic, to say the least, and maybe she should have consider his job before committing to him, not his fault she can't handle him for doing what he likes when she committed to him, and session musicians can make 6 figures lol, especially someone with MC's background, who has years of experience.

She pulled a bitch move and tried to milk every single cents off of him, after cheating on him, then kicked him out of their house and tried to take his properties. I don't understand what part you can sympathize with :coldsweat:

If MrDots read these comments, I'm sure he'd be scratching his head right now, thinking "wtf do I have to do to make everyone absolutely hate this bitch? wtf I thought I made it pretty obvious she's a hoe :FeelsGoodMan:"

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018

Just getting a lawyer, doesn't really do anything. Until they go to court her lawyer just gives her advice. Her offer of she gets everything isn't legally binding until it goes to court and the court sees both sides or enough time passes that the court can rule that the property was abandoned, which takes years. Even if the court rules, unless the mc is present or his representative is present, it can be challenged. If they were married then him leaving would count against him(spousal abandonment). But since they are not, he can leave anytime he wants. The things he has title to are still his.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Id like to point out at the beginning of the game the MC talks about what happens in the game in past tense and never says anything about a weird coincidence. All he has to say about Melody is that he profoundly loves her and that probably wouldn't be what someone would say if they were trying to smash their long lost daughter, more like someone who built up a healthy relationship with a "stranger".
the idea is that he didn't know bro. like lets assume that he will be the father (doubt it, but who knows) the mother was a groupie, and that is how she got pregnant with melody, so the story doesn't even mention whether or not the father knew, so it is entirely possible for the MC to be the father because the actual father might not even know that she exists and that he has a kid.
hell the reason he might not know might be because he mom didn't remember :S
still not saying he is the father just thought it was interesting, but it is entirely possible for him to be the dad.

TheGhost13579

May 1, 2018
Great update looking forward to more Xianne am really liking her in my top 3 girls, infact I like all the girls except for Sophie she does nothing for me.

Jun 4, 2017
Hearsz is the one who wrote the part about Beth hunting down MC. Realistically, if she’s doing this only over a car and/or bank account, I’m not sure the stakes are big enough to make her return worth it. I’m pushing for something a bit more revolving around her inability to let him go and thus running into something a little more fraught with domestic danger.

I like your idea, fwiw. I agree that it can't really just be about the car--"it's not about what it's about" holds true most of the time; there has to be something else driving her for her to demand, and keep demanding, unconditional surrender and total capitulation. Plus, there has to be some reason a) she stayed with him as long as she did and b) was that furiously hateful. That's powerful emotion, there, not the taste of a relationship that's died on the vine.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

I agree with you that it should be about more than just the car, but it still could be. My brother's ex demanded his dogs. She didn't care about them, she just didn't want him to have squat.

tanabato

Jun 29, 2017
There's a link that says older versions... on the page that has the 7.1.0. First time I also got the 7.1 and the application launcher (without a game yet) had the white screen issue on the sdk. Which is why I think there's a bug in the renpy itself (just a theory at this point).
I downloaded the 7.0 now I will download game again, and follow your step by step now I'm sure it will, thank you brother

Reactions: Simon Jester

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Don't know if I can help if you have any other issues. But let me know if it works or doesn't. If it doesn't I'll take a stab at it. Can't have people not able to play Melody. :)

So on a related note. Is anyone playing Melody 5 on Android? I played the first run through on Win and had no problems (under the 7.0 sdk). But when I tried the mega apk it installed, but didn't run. Anyone get it working?

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017

So... she's a leech? :FeelsGoodMan: Bestiality confirmed?? Pls no

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I'm tiptoeing around this thread because I don't want spoilers, and I don't want to dip into the walkthrough for the same reason, but the Level 3 Relationship description has me concerned that I might be setting myself up for a fail.
But if you've already started a romantic relationship with one of the other girls, how will that change your feelings for melody?
Maybe you're not so trustworthy after all? Or maybe you are not as crazy about her as you think you are.
I'm a greedy bastard but this is almost scaring me off the harem path. Is the harem path destined to fail? Am I wasting my time in pursuing every girl that I can? Haha.
I'm not really one for multiple playthroughs and tend to only start over once I'm finished if I really mess things up, so could anyone give me a spoiler-free heads up as to whether chasing the harem is a bad end waiting to happen? Or is it just too soon to know/Mr. Dots hasn't given us that kind of information yet?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'm tiptoeing around this thread because I don't want spoilers, and I don't want to dip into the walkthrough for the same reason, but the Level 3 Relationship description has me concerned that I might be setting myself up for a fail.

I'm a greedy bastard but this is almost scaring me off the harem path. Is the harem path destined to fail? Am I wasting my time in pursuing every girl that I can? Haha.
I'm not really one for multiple playthroughs and tend to only start over once I'm finished if I really mess things up, so could anyone give me a spoiler-free heads up as to whether chasing the harem is a bad end waiting to happen? Or is it just too soon to know/Mr. Dots hasn't given us that kind of information yet?
We don't know yet.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
We don't know yet.
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll just play through each release as they come and see what happens. And I guess I'll just have to suffer the consequences of my greed if there are any. Frankly, I'm really into the girls on offer in this title so a replay, once it's eventually fully complete, probably isn't off the table for me.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes