4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Wow....this is such an amazing "game"...i just finished v5 and i gotta say thank you Mr.Dots...i enjoyed it so much.
Plz, dont forget about Melody next update.
That ending...

Peter ANderson

Jul 29, 2018
Keep up the good work dev team the 0.0.5 update was a bit short :p
But no prob /bow Mr.Dots ur really talented

PS:Really wait the next update how the story go on after this Hype ^^

Shagbot

Jan 1, 2018
I enjoy the game, but so many 50-50 choices that are entirely random. It makes it all but pointless to play without a walkthrough.

Missed out on that secret shower scene? That's because you clicked Cesar salad instead of Turkey burger an hour ago.

Oh, you chose to stand to the right of melody, not the left. No points for you!

You didn't guess that she'd want salad in your apartment, but chicken at the diner? No points for you. Good luck with getting that sex scene in version 15 now!

What do you mean you chose to take a break without discussing guitars first! Well now you can't discuss guitars and you lose the points! You poor fool. Melody hates you.

Hug or kiss? Let's randomly change whichever gives you a point each time. Try keeping track of that one!

Haha, you idiot, you chose song 1 instead of song 2. Now miss out on the whole record deal plot thread.

... I really enjoy the game but the random choices and need to rollback so much is a bit annoying to say the least.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
is anyone else getting an error where the game loads up as just a blank white screen?! if so do you by chance have any idea how to fix it? v.4 worked for me just fine, but v.5 wont for some reason.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
I enjoy the game, but so many 50-50 choices that are entirely random. It makes it all but pointless to play without a walkthrough.

Missed out on that secret shower scene? That's because you clicked Cesar salad instead of Turkey burger an hour ago.

Oh, you chose to stand to the right of melody, not the left. No points for you!

You didn't guess that she'd want salad in your apartment, but chicken at the diner? No points for you. Good luck with getting that sex scene in version 15 now!

What do you mean you chose to take a break without discussing guitars first! Well now you can't discuss guitars and you lose the points! You poor fool. Melody hates you.

Hug or kiss? Let's randomly change whichever gives you a point each time. Try keeping track of that one!

Haha, you idiot, you chose song 1 instead of song 2. Now miss out on the whole record deal plot thread.

... I really enjoy the game but the random choices and need to rollback so much is a bit annoying to say the least.
Yup, this is why people need walkthroughs. I must admit that this is a major weakness of these games, the constant need to get people to make decisions without giving the player enough info to understand the context of the decision. Then add the ridiculousness of some authors attempting to disable the rollback system. Makes the need to cheat in these games much more reasonable.

Reactions: Shagbot

Shagbot

Jan 1, 2018
Yup, this is why people need walkthroughs. I must admit that this is a major weakness of these games, the constant need to get people to make decisions without giving the player enough info to understand the context of the decision. Then add the ridiculousness of some authors attempting to disable the rollback system. Makes the need to cheat in these games much more reasonable.
Yep.

I think acting lessons does the choice options well. You can actually affect the plot much more, and the choices are reasonably informed. I enjoy playing that without a walkthrough. In mrdots games really the plot is almost identical no matter what you do, but you get punished by missing out on any h scenes if you don't reach the required points. I just use the walkthrough first time, and enjoy it as a visual novel, nothing more.

But definitely one of the most polished and high quality developers out there.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Probably not. He's obviously trying to appease paetron, and trying to be funny about it.
Right, what do you think Patreon would do if in the final release of Melody the MC was revealed to be her father? Boom, banned. For life.

After DMD was banned, he had to submit his concepts and outline for Melody to Patreon for approval.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I'm kinda torn. MrDots spent quite a few dialogue essentially hammering into the player's heads that Melody and the MC aren't related. I can't tell whether he's being serious or making very obvious nudges to foreshadowing.
He might just be messing with us, or just for an interesting story. could end up her dad is a friend of his though.

Oh please no! From the background and opening, I was under the illusion that he was close to Amy's age, which would make him too young. However, there is a lot of alluding to him being older than that...
I thought it came across as him being like late 30s early 40s since he was together or married to beth for 8 years if I remember right, and he was a sessions dude for a long time before that as well.

Probably not. He's obviously trying to appease paetron, and trying to be funny about it.
true could always be one of the code type things.

Right, what do you think Patreon would do if in the final release of Melody the MC was revealed to be her father? Boom, banned. For life.

After DMD was banned, he had to submit his concepts and outline for Melody to Patreon for approval.
assuming they bother to check that far, plus there are ways to hide it but bruh taking my comment to seriously :p just thought it was interesting is all. still though fuck patreon and their bullshit -_-

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I had an odd bug at the start of week 6. In my Melody Only playthrough, I moved her to my bed at the end of week 5. But the variable for it, v_w6_melody_bed_morning, was set to false. Maybe because it's set to false in the week 6 init: block. I rolled back to the choice, put her in my bed, and things moved on correctly.

I hope Mr. Dots has licensed the music in this game, especially the clips with singing. He doesn't want to get hit with a copyright claim. @Jeff Steel do you know if he has?

I think the walkthrough has an error. It says you can get 26 points in week 6, for a total of 98. There are 26 points in week 6, but 2 come if you looked at her phone in week 4, which makes you miss 3 points. So the max is 96 if you didn't look at the phone, and 95 if you did.

"Be honest with her" comes after "Go to the kitchen".
I sent to Hearsz a breakdown of the copyright laws and licensing.

Reactions: wrx21

JanSmith

Jul 10, 2018
Is their an error in the walktrough? Week 4, don't check phone +3 points.
However, to gain the max melody points in week 6 you need to have checked the phone in week 4...

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Is their an error in the walktrough? Week 4, don't check phone +3 points.
However, to gain the max melody points in week 6 you need to have checked the phone in week 4...
I've followed the walkthrough and noticing I'm missing quite a bit of points.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
That one wrong answer and Rebecca "breaks" up with you shit made me regret trying to cheat on Amy with that unstable redhead. It's always the cute ones that are batshit.:FeelsBadMan:

VOYEUR

Jan 29, 2018
That one wrong answer and Rebecca "breaks" up with you shit made me regret trying to cheat on Amy with that unstable redhead. It's always the cute ones that are batshit.:FeelsBadMan:
Agreed. I found myself resenting her for that mental outburst. The fact that she thought I was an asshole but couldn't say it to my face. I think she should've said it rather than thinking it. That way she breaks the mould of typical wallflower too afraid to speak her mind.

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
But Melody ain't batshit ;)

At least, I hope MrDot won't make her to be... lol

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Plus, the postcard is "from the Donut Islands"--why would it be in Tim's apartment at all if "she hasn't sent it"? If Isabella wanted to send MC a postcard from the Donut Islands, she would send it from the Donut Islands. It makes absolutely no sense that she would buy one there and carry it home to mail it, and less sense yet that having done so, she would stick it in a vase and forget about it. The entire thing is utterly insupportable.

It's one bad plot glitch in a great game; it doesn't ruin the rest of it--I have it mentally blocked as [insert favorite plot twist here], just a placeholder to move Bethany from Point A to Point B; but it's a glaring point which has to be forgiven and ignored for the sake of the rest of the game. Fortunately, the rest of the game is more than worth it. :)
I hope his "plot twist" from Bethany for the MC is just that we just suddenly saw on the news of his ex's death on whilst she was on her way to him on TV or a newspaper x'D

Maybe implementing some sort of 'butterfly effect' choices in the game, where if you choose a certain choice, someone or something caused the accident that led to her death, or if she just crashes and injured critically and requires amputation so the MC doesn't consciously blame himself. That'd be amazing lol fuck that hoe

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes