• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Is that Koko singer we meet in 0.8 is the same one in DMD? They both have dark skin but different hair. So Melody take place before DMD and both are in the same "universe"? Or its just the developer decide to recycle a name.
Also anyone know why Xianne is locked for me? What did I do wrong

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Is that Koko singer we meet in 0.8 is the same one in DMD? They both have dark skin but different hair. So Melody take place before DMD and both are in the same "universe"? Or its just the developer decide to recycle a name?
It's the same universe. The Melody Koko has just begun her career, which means that, Melody took place 6-10 years before DMD.

Reactions: pim0

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Just played through (Melody-only), and I have a question. Sorry if this is asked and answered..

Is Luke Melody's actual father? Considering the whole "there was a girl in college, who disappeared" and Melissa's pregnancy story (abandoning, moving away). I mean, there are millions of people in college of course, but that struck me as .. coincidental. Maybe too coincidental. Oh well. :)

Fantastic story, absolutely loved it.
Wonder what it will be like playing a different route, when I can get myself over the bonding with Mel in this playthrough. *is a soft sap*
Luke? Do you mean the MC?

See here:

Reactions: OhJo

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
Luke? Do you mean the MC?
Whoops, yes, I did mean the MC. Thanks for the link and the earlier reply!

Feel like less of an idiot now that I know someone else thought the same, even if we are demonstrably wrong. :p

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Whoops, yes, I did mean the MC. Thanks for the link and the earlier reply!

Feel like less of an idiot now that I know someone else thought the same, even if we are demonstrably wrong. :p
:)

Lots of people thought it. I thought it was possible, but hoped it wasn't, because if it happened, I think Patreon would immediately ban Mr. Dots forever. Now that we have more info (from the game, and @Jeff Steel ) we can lay this theory to rest.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Ok, so given the content of this update, I really have to ask: Is the Walkthrough actually accurate anymore? Because the Jazz Club song choice clearly states if you pick Wild and Crazy she won't have a chance at a Record Contract. So because REALLY don't trust that Hank Sharp guy, I went back and picked the other song so she'd have the job at the Jazz Club.

And guess what happened?

Nothing different, the Hank Sharp stuff still happens, you still sign the contract. So what gives?
Interesting, I was curious if that path had become evident yet.

Maybe your choice will result in her necessarily falling out with Hank Sharp's company instead of this being a launching point for her beyond the local scene?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Interesting, I was curious if that path had become evident yet.

Maybe your choice will result in her necessarily falling out with Hank Sharp's company instead of this being a launching point for her beyond the local scene?
I looked through the code; it looks like they decided to go in a different direction. In week 6 she met Hank Sharp. In week 7 you have the song choice, and choosing Wild and Crazy leads to the club owner saying he wants to hire her. In week 9 you always go see Hank Sharp and sign the contract. The only difference there is if you said "We are a team" in week 8, Melody gets a 3 album deal, with MC as manager in the contract. If you didn't, she gets a 1 album deal without MC explicitly as manager.

No mention of the Jazz club at all.

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
Now I really wish to see a female MC.
I just imagined playing as Bethany, and no, I can be a cold bitch in real life whenever I want anyway.. :p

Totally with you though. Playing as Melody, getting seduced by a dastardly music tutor with a penchant for broken relationships and escalating sex demands.. best of all, fucking up the ex-bf's of this world on social media..

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
:)

Lots of people thought it. I thought it was possible, but hoped it wasn't, because if it happened, I think Patreon would immediately ban Mr. Dots forever. Now that we have more info (from the game, and @Jeff Steel ) we can lay this theory to rest.
To tell you the truth, MC is not scripted to be Melody’s father. Hearsz drafted those lines and I haven’t had the nerve to ask him if he secretly wanted there to be a doubt.

Melody script is HEAVILY Hearsz - as opposed to DMD (which is still about 80% or more Hearsz) - Hearsz has a lot more experience in music and I call the Melody VN his love child.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
To tell you the truth, MC is not scripted to be Melody’s father. Hearsz drafted those lines and I haven’t had the nerve to ask him if he secretly wanted there to be a doubt.

Melody script is HEAVILY Hearsz - as opposed to DMD (which is still about 80% or more Hearsz) - Hearsz has a lot more experience in music and I call the Melody VN his love child.
Well I had the same thought honestly, but it's ruled out almost immediately because the MC would have put 2 and 2 together upon learning Melody's mother's name especially given the fact that he knows her last name off screen.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
We're not too far apart in era: I'm 54. Maybe in your state it was different than here. One of the stupid things about America being a collection of States instead of a proper single country is the variation of laws from State to State.
That was supposed to be taken care of by the Supremacy Clause.
The supremacy clause establishes the Constitution, Federal Statutes, and U.S. treaties as "the supreme law of the land."
Local variations could exist but the Constitution was intended to provide a common umbrella of laws. And trump all other local statutes.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Earlier you said that Izzy is scripted to be 26. She and MC went to school together, which puts his upper age around 30. So if Melody is 19, he must have knocked Melissa up when he was 10.

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
I just imagined playing as Bethany, and no, I can be a cold bitch in real life whenever I want anyway.. :p

Totally with you though. Playing as Melody, getting seduced by a dastardly music tutor with a penchant for broken relationships and escalating sex demands.. best of all, fucking up the ex-bf's of this world on social media..
I kinda meant with a sort of focus on lesbian.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
That was supposed to be taken care of by the Supremacy Clause.
The supremacy clause establishes the Constitution, Federal Statutes, and U.S. treaties as "the supreme law of the land."
Local variations could exist but the Constitution was intended to provide a common umbrella of laws. And trump all other local statutes.

But, since all powers not SPECIFICALLY granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution are reserved to the several States, many laws can vary from State to State. This includes things being legal in one State that are illegal in other States (Nevada's prostitution laws being one example). Reciprocity is up to the several States to negotiate between themselves, which is why I can carry a concealed pistol here and in a large number of other States that have an agreement with Michigan, (I believe it's up to 38 now,) but I can be imprisoned in the rest for exercising my duly licensed right. This is how States justify legalized marijuana - which is STILL against Federal statutes. The power to make binding treaties with foreign powers IS reserved to the Federal Government in the Constitution but any such treaty affecting U.S. sovereignty MUST be ratified by Congress in order to take effect. (This is why ol' Slick Willy's signing us up for the WTO is illegal.)

50 States, a shit ton of different laws, and no Federal authority overriding most of them. In very many ways we are more citizens of our individual States than citizens of the USA - otherwise we could travel from anywhere in the country to anywhere else in the country without having to check the differences in local laws that could land us in prison anywhere along our route.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
That's why we're technically not states as we do not have true sovereignty, we're more like provinces.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
We are a federation of independent States that have granted a limited amount of authority, including foreign relations and defense, to the federal government. ANYTHING not specifically granted to said federal government in the Constitution is something the States can legally tell the government to "piss off!" over - except, of course, in cases where a partisan Supreme Court chooses political expediency over the Constitution and exceeds its authority by MAKING law instead of ENFORCING law, "interpreting" the Constitution instead of following it. (Or where ego-maniacal nutbars issue outrageous "Executive Orders" and generally act the fool enough to almost make me consider voting Democrat!)

If the Federal government had much more authority than it is granted by the Constitution and, thus, the States far less, THEN we would be more like provinces.

However, we've journeyed too far off-topic now and need to abort this conversation before the mods decide to slap us (or, more probably, just me) down for it.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes