Ren'Py Merging of the Stars [v0.5] [4PadGames]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Please, dev....put a switch in the preferences to get rid or hide the f...ing QUICK MENU. I'm using the URM tool, and yet it keeps coming back every 10-30 seconds or a minute or two after...a scene change or requirement check happens. And it's totally annoying, and really not necessary have. All a player has to do is right click and all the game choices are available.

The quick menu along with the small font used, and small translucent dialog box, places the dialog and the quick menu too close together on the screen...which is not enjoyable to read the text. I was able to change the textbox, but the quick menu that wont go away is something I can't fix myself.

Sorry if I sound piss off, but normally turning off the quick menu is not an issue with most other titles for me. But this one is coded differently.

Regards.

The image below is displaying a clean and easy to read dialog textbox, WITHOUT the quick menu cluttering the screen.
screenshot0002.png

Reactions: KinkiSham

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
Hi!

I am the developer of this game. Thanks to everyone who likes my games!

Next I will answer the main question, why did I make Sandbox and VN modes in one game?

I originally planned to make this game in Sandbox mode. Why? Because my first games I played in this genre were Sandbox and it influenced me a lot. It was those first games that pushed me to do something similar, but with blackjack and hookers :). That is my story as I see it. And I see it as a beautiful, interesting and eventful game universe.

By the way, when I invited patrons to vote on what mode they would like. The majority chose the sandbox mode. Well, who am I to argue with my patrons :rolleyes:.

But as the game engine was being developed, I realized that if I added VN mode as a bonus, it would only be a plus. Well it wasn't hard really, if I already had a Sandbox engine. After all, giving players more choices is always right and good.

And now about the restrictions for the VN mode. I'll tell you right away that there won't be many restrictions. Although I wanted to add VN mode as an easy mode, without hardcore at all.

On the storyline will be unavailable very little, but it concerns mainly deep branching. Truthfully I'm still in contemplation if this restriction is necessary. So if I find a way to quickly isolate some of the content, I will add all story content to VN mode. No restrictions.

Well, repeatable events, can't be in VN mode. Do you see why or not? In Sandbox mode, at a certain point in the story, you will have a girl available to you at a certain time and place. You can go to her and do to her what she allows you to do to yourself at that point. As you progress further in the same repeatable event, new actions will be unlocked. For example, you got to anal with her in the story, so anal sex with her will open up for you in that event as well. Plus I will add different poses for already available actions and so on. So now tell me, how do I do that for VN mode?

So what do we have? I added VN mode as a bonus. It will allow players who don't like Sandbox games to play my game too.

Oh, and one more thing. Do you know how much work it takes to make a game in VN mode? VN is 10% of Sandbox! I'm speaking from personal experience...

And topikstarter, please add to the description of all languages to which the game is translated. I did not in vain tried so hard with the translation?
Important questions, will there be content and final harem? And is the content forced or can it be avoided? This is what I mean about some fetishes or labels that are sometimes presented in the game that are not to everyone's liking, especially lesbians.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
MergingOfTheStars-0.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

KinkiSham

Nov 4, 2019
almost a year old and there is no rating on a site?
Due to a little chagrin with my game development, this is only the third update to the game here.

Loaded my V0.4 save,click two or three times,mini game and that's it. Am I dumb or there's 0 progression ?
Is Chapter 5 has any new content ?
You can read what's added to the game in this version at this link. Is a public post.

Can I just clarify
Am I missing something has the Sanbox mode not reached to the level of the Visual Novel mode
and each time I've tried, I can't progress to the scenes included in the Visual Novel option

For example, with Nikki
In the Visual Novel, after the scene in the waiting area, I get the option to go outside
but when I do it in Sandbox, I head outside the building but like always, no one's around and the map all has a marker for the office building
Triggers in the Sandbox, are your movement through locations, number of steps, time of day change, entering locations and so on. And you can also read the help in the hints window, there is usually all written where, when and who is waiting for you.

Important questions, will there be content and final harem? And is the content forced or can it be avoided? This is what I mean about some fetishes or labels that are sometimes presented in the game that are not to everyone's liking, especially lesbians.
Actually the idea is this, I don't know if it's a spoiler or not. 10 main storylines with a girl and her orbit (family members, friends, acquaintances). All of these storylines will happen in parallel, and some of them will be mixed, each of them will end with your choice, with three options. In the end you can: give up on any girl on purpose or accidentally by making the wrong choice, build up your relationship and come to those three options where you can choose “the one” or continue the long journey to unite them into your universe. Oh, and the girl + girl relationship will not be special, but only in the background of the player's presence.

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Please, dev....put a switch in the preferences to get rid or hide the f...ing QUICK MENU. I'm using the URM tool, and yet it keeps coming back every 10-30 seconds or a minute or two after...a scene change or requirement check happens. And it's totally annoying, and really not necessary have. All a player has to do is right click and all the game choices are available.

The quick menu along with the small font used, and small translucent dialog box, places the dialog and the quick menu too close together on the screen...which is not enjoyable to read the text. I was able to change the textbox, but the quick menu that wont go away is something I can't fix myself.

Sorry if I sound piss off, but normally turning off the quick menu is not an issue with most other titles for me. But this one is coded differently.

Regards.

The image below is displaying a clean and easy to read dialog textbox, WITHOUT the quick menu cluttering the screen.
View attachment 3623694
I feel your pain :whistle:

The attached file overrides the official quick menu with an empty screen.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrBenny

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
Due to a little chagrin with my game development, this is only the third update to the game here.

You can read what's added to the game in this version at this link. Is a public post.

Triggers in the Sandbox, are your movement through locations, number of steps, time of day change, entering locations and so on. And you can also read the help in the hints window, there is usually all written where, when and who is waiting for you.

Actually the idea is this, I don't know if it's a spoiler or not. 10 main storylines with a girl and her orbit (family members, friends, acquaintances). All of these storylines will happen in parallel, and some of them will be mixed, each of them will end with your choice, with three options. In the end you can: give up on any girl on purpose or accidentally by making the wrong choice, build up your relationship and come to those three options where you can choose “the one” or continue the long journey to unite them into your universe. Oh, and the girl + girl relationship will not be special, but only in the background of the player's presence.
Guess I'm not on the good route then. Thought the game was linear. Is there a walkthrough or a guide which highlights the different unlockables based on the choices ? Thanks for your reply btw.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I figured out what happened it's during the task to answer the phone when Nikki calls

It seems to be a bug

just skipping to the evening doesn't trigger anything
you have to go towards to exit as far as you can and turn back and go back to the waiting area, only then will the scene with Nikki on the phone trigger.
the phone icon doesn't even light up

screenshot0003.png

KinkiSham

Nov 4, 2019
Guess I'm not on the good route then. Thought the game was linear. Is there a walkthrough or a guide which highlights the different unlockables based on the choices ? Thanks for your reply btw.
There's no game walkthrough yet. I think it's too early to make one, since the game has just started. And I was hoping that the hints I made for sandbox mode and intuitive answers to the girls' questions would be enough. But I think it will be time to make an official guide.

Reactions: Woodalicca

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I think you might need to rethink the sandbox
it not very intuitive after finally getting the scene with Nikki and her roommate, I have to get a text from her, but to get that I have to go back to the office, skip to the afternoon and face the street and go left and right so that it triggers, and the text icon didn't light up

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
You might also want to rethink this
I though this door was Nikki's room, it took me a while, by accident, to realise that's not her door, and that I have to go forward one time to get to her door
screenshot0005.png

Last edited:

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
What do you have to do on the work pc work panel task manger , what is the right combination ?
It's easy, by the last task you only really need these 5, currently
and from what I can figure, if a part turns red, it's the wrong command

screenshot0007.png

• Red Heart

KinkiSham

Nov 4, 2019
I think you might need to rethink the sandbox
it not very intuitive after finally getting the scene with Nikki and her roommate, I have to get a text from her, but to get that I have to go back to the office, skip to the afternoon and face the street and go left and right so that it triggers, and the text icon didn't light up
Yes, thank you. I realized that things like that would be hard to find and people would skip over them, not knowing what to do. I'll think of a better way to change that.

You might also want to rethink this
I though this door was Nikki's room, it took me a while, by accident, to realise that's not her door, and that I have to go forward one time to get to her door
I just accessed Lily's door too early. It was open for debugging at first, but I left it that way. Thought that door wouldn't be in anyone's way, since it's way down the hall. I'll have to close it. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Anon4321
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes