Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
What's the point of wearing diapers over panties? Won't they just get messy or is that the point?
Must be a misunderstanding! XD They're just wearing diapers.

I saw a lot of complaints about it not being Full Screen, I hate Full Screen as I multitask. We need OPTIONS tab to adjust volume and windowed/Full.
Once in-game, head into config and you'll be able to set it to full-screen or windowed (adjustable by clicking the edge of the window and dragging it to be a smaller window.) Same with volume settings are on the config page. ^^

I'll never understand this fetish
Like many fetishes/kinks out there, many of them are a mystery. ^^" I think a element is humiliation with the scenarios.

Messy Academy, you say? I wonder how "messy" the game will be.
*sees "scat" and "urination" tags

Uh oh
To be fair, there's no visual scat expected for the game. (Unless you count discoloring on the diapers when they're used.) We've had some ask if we'd show scat outside of that and I think it's just a bit too much for people. Even with the discoloring of diapers, we're already in the works of providing the player their optional means to avoid seeing messy outcomes vs wet ones, since the later is probably a bit more acceptable for more people into this, than the former.

I think shit and nappies in a sexual context are disgusting, but I'm also glad the people who are into just that got a game that seems to have properly characterized love interests, detailed drawings, and proper spell-checking to boot. Good job mate.
I respect your view, it's not for everyone naturally and that's okay. ^^ Thank you for the kind words regarding everything else! Despite the themes, we do pour a lot of energy into the writing/editing for the world building, characters and story. Alongside the art being well done by our amazing artists.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
I recently play through it. Where is segs? /s

Side note, I can't wait to properly romance a few of the characters.
XD It's coming, just aging it like a fine wine! Seriously though, 2024 is stepping into the era of development where we'll begin to see more sexy time mixed into that heart warming romance moments. The later coming up in our next release v0.21 for the end of January. ^^

What is Diaper fetish?
It's probably just as it sounds. ^^" Technically there's different angles of it, the foundation of it, involves wearing or simply enjoying diapers in a sexual way. (Like how some guys have a panty fetish, think of it like that.)

Beyond that though it can range into abdl stuff, where "dl" stands for "diaper lover" which is pretty much the mention above. "ab" stands for "adult baby" and involves people enjoying the aspects of acting childish, having a caregiver or traits in that sense. If you're aware of ageplay, I kind of see it as this spin-off of that. Many people have different tastes for what they like though with diapers, it can be very light interest to super extreme.

Reactions: Emelie

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
...Wait, what? Is the content supposed to end with Lola's introduction? It says it goes to "Episode 5," and there was more than this two years ago. Every time I come back to this game there's just more missing. Miki's Dream is also broken and all options result in a reset.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
...Wait, what? Is the content supposed to end with Lola's introduction? It says it goes to "Episode 5," and there was more than this two years ago. Every time I come back to this game there's just more missing. Miki's Dream is also broken and all options result in a reset.
Sorry if its misleading, the op should say exactly what to expect prior to downloading. This is pt 1 & 2 of episode 5 rolled into one download. We had some issues also mentioned on the op with Patreon purging creators and trying to work around these issues to provide something as we get steady releases out again.

We haven't removed any of the old content that was in the game 2 years ago, so I'm not sure what to say on that behalf.

Miki's Dream has choices that are intentional to put you back at the start, if you read along the context of what happened upon making a choice.

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Miki's Dream has choices that are intentional to put you back at the start, if you read along the context of what happened upon making a choice.
All options are a reset; it does not progress. It often also fails to give a choice when meeting the guard and simply resets.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
All options are a reset; it does not progress. It often also fails to give a choice when meeting the guard and simply resets.
Okay, if thats the case it's a bug and I'll mark it down. Sorry about that, we hadn't received any reports on that until now. It'll probably be fixed with the next public and supporter releases.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Sorry to double reply, but I personally just tested v0.20 pt 1 & 2's Miki Dream content freshly and I'm not running into this problem. Even the options that are failures that send you to the start again are working, did you tamper with the game files perhaps or accidentally overwrote game files when installing the latest version? (New game installs don't need to be in the same download directory path as previous game version/folder files. That'll just cause issues intentionally on the user side.)

I can try to see if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm going to need more details in order to investigate further, assuming it isn't a user side error.

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry to double reply...
Clean install, old saves, deleted old saves to start fresh, relaunched. I think it's just skipping; I didn't manually click through every dialogue box, but the more I skipped, the sooner the reset occurred. Half the time, the guard did not even have a chance to appear.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Clean install, old saves, deleted old saves to start fresh, relaunched. I think it's just skipping; I didn't manually click through every dialogue box, but the more I skipped, the sooner the reset occurred. Half the time, the guard did not even have a chance to appear.
Thanks for the additional information! I'll attempt to test skipping through to see if I can recreate it, I'd assume it should be pausing upon reaching choices though. <.< Least that's how it typically handles things in the rest of the game. We can take a look at the coding side and see if anything sticks out.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
At this point, I'll have to request someone else on our team to play test Miki's Dream to confirm if they can recreate this. I played through the entirety of that content, making the wrong choices and right choices, sped through as quickly as the game allows me in order to break things and I still end up at the choices with everything appearing and showcasing as they should for the content.

I don't mean to repeat myself because it's possible you're experiencing something strange, but just to confirm. Are you sure you aren't getting confused by the content itself if this is your first time playing through it? There is only one background seen throughout the entirety of that content, so it can trip you up visually if you aren't paying attention to the text being displayed. What I mean by that is, if you make the wrong choice or certain choices give you items, but then it'll return you back to choices that you've seen before. This time, you'll have said items and or progressing through.

I'll spoiler it below for the early start of this content, since it's a walkthrough to make sure you're actually progressing through without issue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Happy New Year! To our fans following us here, we released a new development report to kick off 2024 with! ^^ It's free to view and it highlights what we're doing for this month, some very exciting stuff planned besides the expected new game releases!

LEAMSE11

Jun 28, 2017
Frankly, I wanted to read the comments before starting and decide, and I saw that the score you received was quite good. Even though I am not interested in scat , diaper etc, But i think I will give it a try after those comments.
And I have a question, as a game developer, what kind of planning do you do for these project/s as team or solo dev?
I always wondered about the development process of such game projects.

Reactions: Messy Studios

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Frankly, I wanted to read the comments before starting and decide, and I saw that the score you received was quite good. Even though I am not interested in scat , diaper etc, But i think I will give it a try after those comments.
And I have a question, as a game developer, what kind of planning do you do for these project/s as team or solo dev?
I always wondered about the development process of such game projects.
Glad to hear you're willing to give it a try despite those things! ^^ While there is a scat tag included, it should be noted that none is visually seen within the game. (Closest you'll get is discoloration shown on diapers, but nothing actually showing.)

To be honest, this has been my first leap into game development but I've had plans to create something for a long time leading up to it, just wasn't quite sure how to go about doing it or what to focus on. It's been a lot of touch and go with taking lessons learnt during this project from the start up until even now to apply for future projects. ^^" I think the most important thing is just to figure out a working schedule that fits your lifestyle and free time to be able to work continuously on a project without feeling like you're sinking too much of your personal time into it and burning out.

Once you tackle that beast, it seems like the rest is a mix of managing the team, which is mainly just checking in on them on a weekly basis to see what's been done. Some on the team I reach out more often to than others, like our programmer or editor. Another aspect that I think gets overlooked is advertising/marketing.

Which sounds kind of off-putting to some people, but in my case. I google searched around, trying to find websites and social platforms to post about the game, share updates/releases and in time, it'll build up on its own. (When starting, it took 3-4 months before starting to see a real boost in funding support, followed by another 2-3 months to really start taking off in funding to cover costs for the team.) I think a lot of people get caught up in the funding aspect as well, hoping to dive right in and expect things to explode over night. ^^"

Back to schedules and planning. I personally have found that Monday through Friday works best for me to focus on any project progression on writing, with a mix of general managing tossed in. I typically shoot for a soft spot of 750-1000 words written each day, averaging about 3 hours out of the day at the most. (Some days are better and others are worse, I find monologue really speeds things up, where dialogue you'll add on a bit more time or take it slower.) With that setup, it provides me with the weekends to do as I wish.

I could probably go on further, but if I did.. I'd end up leaving a bigger wall of text behind. :ROFLMAO: Hopefully that gives some insight into things. I should add that the project started with just myself at first, before slowly hiring each person on the team. With our active team being 4-5 people in total with about 3-4 who have finished their duties on the project. (bg artist, music, chibi/promo artist, etc.)

Reactions: LEAMSE11

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
What happened to the android version
One of our previous programmers accidentally did something on the mobile coding side, causing it to have a number of issues. We have this fixed and tested with the development build we're working on right now for both public and supporter releases on the way.

Reactions: AGuy___
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes