Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Sorry the question i was asking is if different version of game release if every female character will get a chance to don mc even if it just 2 scenes by the completion of the game?
We'll have to see how much demand there is for that kind of content as we get further along, there's still a good chuck of general content and systems we're going to be focusing on heavily in our upcoming updates. :p

Reactions: llat-2
Dec 6, 2018
I am just waiting for sound effects. They might have been added already without me knowing, but I have not seen it in any patch notes yet. Some people like having their visual novels be mostly silent with maybe just background music, but sound effects can really immerse you into the story when done well. Simple sound effects for UI can be nice too, but they are mainly nice to have as confirmation that you successfully clicked on something. Clicking noises each time you forward text or a noise while text is written can also be great, but could annoy some people (I wouldn't mind, it is what gives games like undertale their charm).
The main sound effects I am looking forward to are ones like if a character falls down you hear a thud, if a character puts on a diaper you hear the crinkle, when a character moves around a lot in a scene you might hear footsteps, and if a characters farts you hear a fart sound (preferably randomized or just not the same reused sound every time). These are just a few that would be great additions enough that I would rather wait to play when these have been added. I haven't played the game in many years and I think the art has changed 3 times since then, so there is a lot of new content to experience; however, I feel like playing the game before these have been added would ruin the experience in the future if they ever do get added. For now, I just stalk the thread and look at the update notes as I wait for news on their inclusion (and if it takes years, I will gladly wait lol).

darkj0

Apr 19, 2023
I am just waiting for sound effects. They might have been added already without me knowing, but I have not seen it in any patch notes yet. Some people like having their visual novels be mostly silent with maybe just background music, but sound effects can really immerse you into the story when done well.
(rest omitted due to length)
Good idea. Ace Attorney likes to use sound effects for everything too, such as for emphasis on the dialogue.
For this game, I'm thinking of adding these sounds:

- Diaper crinkling or rustling sounds if a character enters the scene or moves, but use multiple sounds instead of repeating the same one.

- Wetting, farting, and messing sounds (you can find them online, but I have some too if you need them)

- Misc sounds for certain expressions like surprised, confused, happy, or sad. I think this is seen in many RPGs or Visual Novels, followed by an exclamation mark or question mark on the characters.

Reactions: Messy Studios

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
I am just waiting for sound effects. They might have been added already without me knowing, but I have not seen it in any patch notes yet. Some people like having their visual novels be mostly silent with maybe just background music, but sound effects can really immerse you into the story when done well. Simple sound effects for UI can be nice too, but they are mainly nice to have as confirmation that you successfully clicked on something. Clicking noises each time you forward text or a noise while text is written can also be great, but could annoy some people (I wouldn't mind, it is what gives games like undertale their charm).
The main sound effects I am looking forward to are ones like if a character falls down you hear a thud, if a character puts on a diaper you hear the crinkle, when a character moves around a lot in a scene you might hear footsteps, and if a characters farts you hear a fart sound (preferably randomized or just not the same reused sound every time). These are just a few that would be great additions enough that I would rather wait to play when these have been added. I haven't played the game in many years and I think the art has changed 3 times since then, so there is a lot of new content to experience; however, I feel like playing the game before these have been added would ruin the experience in the future if they ever do get added. For now, I just stalk the thread and look at the update notes as I wait for news on their inclusion (and if it takes years, I will gladly wait lol).
Good idea. Ace Attorney likes to use sound effects for everything too, such as for emphasis on the dialogue.
For this game, I'm thinking of adding these sounds:

- Diaper crinkling or rustling sounds if a character enters the scene or moves, but use multiple sounds instead of repeating the same one.

- Wetting, farting, and messing sounds (you can find them online, but I have some too if you need them)

- Misc sounds for certain expressions like surprised, confused, happy, or sad. I think this is seen in many RPGs or Visual Novels, followed by an exclamation mark or question mark on the characters.
Actually very well timed mentions, as we've been discussing with someone recently about sfx's and getting that aspect of the game into gear next with part of the funding. :p Our music needs for the game is wrapping up as we head into September, so the idea is to take the funding we've been using on music monthly towards sfx needs next.

The main thing we're trying to figure out before we begin the bulk ordering process is just how far we want to go with sfx's. One valid thing that's concerning is pacing out sfx to not overuse them at every given chance, but the rough idea in mind is to have sfx's be heard when it feels like it's a impactful moment to what's happening. The best I can explain with this is below.

(Example with hearing footsteps approaching.)

(Planned use example - Upon first arriving at the academy, shortly after entering the building and looking around the entrance way. We have the teacher appear for the first time and make their entrance visually and text wise. This seems like it'd be fitting to play this sfx because it seems more impactful to the visuals and what's going on in context with the scene.)

(Overused example - Anytime a character generally appears on screen or simply leaves, approaches the protag.)

Overall, we're doing some sound study with other visual novel's across different genre's to get a good feeling for how we'd want sfx's to appear in MA. If all goes well, we'd probably begin to hear these with v0.21 if we have some time as our lower priority to revisit older content with the goal of adjusting music, sfx, visuals, quality adjustments mainly. :p That being said, we're open to suggestions on sfx's that come to mind, that's another big thing we're doing right now is just collecting a list of what feels like it'll be useful within the game across the board. (Plans for diaper sfx and adult acts are planned, with adult sfx's we're excluding anything personal though.. Like we don't want a kissing sfx to include hints of vocal work mixed in, as we're hopeful to still add in voice work as it's own thing at the very end of development if funding allows for it.)

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
I try to keep up with everywhere we post, but I sometimes forget to update news on some areas. >.<

We've recently released v0.20 pt 1 for mainly our Patreon supporters for the time being. We decided with our upcoming holiday break in December, that it'd be best to split episode 5 up into multiple part releases during November, since we don't expect to get v0.21 out until late January. Besides that, behind the scenes for development, we're trying to put content together as a safety net. Overall, we're trying to deliver content at a steady rate once again without overselling ourselves in expectations.

While v0.20 pt 1 and the following pt 2 & pt 3 are intended for Patreon supporters for November. We do have plans to slowly roll these out during December for the public in similar fashion. Just be aware that there will be a gap between v0.20 into v0.21 regardless, but we're trying to get things stable for both supporters and public.

One thing we've already noticed with v0.20 pt 1, is that it breaks old save data, but we're adding a save slot by default for v0.20 pt 2 that'll let players jump to the end of episode 4 in order to get right into the new content. We suspect with our plans to replace and add finalized cg scenes in earlier episodes, amongst quality fixes and additional content. It will probably break old saves even more, but we'll try to work with everyone in offering save slots that jump to any new content.

Our current timeline for content for the next 3 months is as follows! (Spoiled text are scene names, some are a bit on the nose for what to expect.)

v0.20 pt 1 (Nov 7th - Supporters) (Dec 7th - Public)
-All sprite assets have been fully replaced and updated with their finalized art.
-New episode 5 splash screen art added.
-New music has been added to the title screen and other areas.
-Finalized gui text box has been added. (With on-screen button to hide/show text box)
-New sprite animation effects have been added to Episode 5.
-New transition effects have been added to Episode 5.
-Episode 5:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Has been added.
-Episode 5, Scene 1:
Has been added.

v0.20 pt 2 (Nov 18th - Supporters) (Dec 18th - Public)
-Episode 5, scenes 2-5 added.
-Episode 5, Scene 2:
-Episode 5, Scene 3:
-Episode 5, Scene 4:
-Episode 5, Scene 5:

v0.20 pt 3 (Nov 30th - Supporters) (Dec 30th - Public)
-Episode 5, scenes 6-10 added.
-Episode 5, Scene 6:
-Episode 5, Scene 7:
-Episode 5, Scene 8:
-Episode 5, Scene 9:
-Episode 5, Scene 10:

Christmas light novel, short story. (Dec 24th for all to enjoy!)

v0.21 (Late January - Supporters) (Late February - Public)

-Nova & Lola route episodes.
-Episode 1 quality of life fixes & additions. (sprite animation/effects, new transitions, sound direction fixes, new cg variants/outcomes, better pacing for choices/interaction, new scenes.)

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
I like your art style. I was just asking if you know of any 3D assets.
Thank you! ^^ Our artists on the team do an amazing job, so it's always nice to share those mentions to them. <3 No worries! Sadly I don't really keep up with 3D assets or follow many people within the abdl community that are involved with 3D. When MA first began long ago, we did use 3D placeholder art for the game, but I wouldn't even be able to suggest any of that since that phase of development was very short lived before we replaced it with 2D art. ^^"

Perhaps Iwahrleff's suggestion will help! Sorry I can't be more help personally. >.<

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Mini update!

For the time being, Patreon has purged our page, along with many other creators that focus around ab/dl content. We are in the process of setting up a Subscribestar and looking into other options like Pixiv fanbox for continued support. The support we received through Patreon on a monthly basis was directly what helped fuel development costs for our team, so it's important to us to direct anyone who was supporting our Patreon or isn't sure what's going on right now, that we're in a transition period of getting these new platforms officially setup.

I'll update the thread with our new Subscribestar and other options soon as possible! Thank you everyone for the support in general. <3

(Should be added. We are still looking to continue development with the game project, it'll just be a bumpy transition period to get things moving into 2024. I plan to take the time during December to get things put together on these platforms and also provide some content that we were working on prior to this interruption on Patreon's part.)

darkj0

Apr 19, 2023
Looks like you're not the only one who got purged, several other content creators got hit too. It's unfortunate, but I hope everything gets sorted out. If you can't release the updates on time, we'll understand.

Reactions: Messy Studios

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Looks like you're not the only one who got purged, several other content creators got hit too. It's unfortunate, but I hope everything gets sorted out. If you can't release the updates on time, we'll understand.
Sadly it seems like Patreon continues to double down on what they deem acceptable as nsfw pages on their platform. >.< The response given from Patreon for why everyone has been hit is just really sickening and suggests they're simply banning anything ab/dl or diaper related in general on the platform. I can only hope they don't ever find themselves in a situation where they back pedal on these decisions and wish for people to return to their platform after what they've done.

We've been trying to keep everyone informed through our other platform/socials and Discord with how we're handling things with support options and the next releases that were in the process of being delivered/sorted out in the middle of this situation rearing it's ugly head.

We have our official Subscribestar & Pixiv fanbox pages for support, but the sub star page like many others is awaiting approval before support can be gained there.

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
Just a very tiny update! Our subscribestar page has been approved and is open for support officially! All support during December into January will highly impact how we proceed forward, so please consider even the $5 tier if you can spare it. <3

We have plans all throughout December for exclusive posts shared for supporters. Things are a bit bumpy still with the Patreon situation, but below is our rough expectation on new game content during December!

v0.20 pt 1 & 2 [Released for public Dec 8-9th]
v0.20 pt 3 [Released for supporters Dec 8-9th]

v0.20 pt 3 [Released for public Dec 15-16th]
v0.20 pt 4 [Released for supporters Dec 15-16th]

v0.20 pt 4 [Released for public Dec 23-24th]

We'll also be doing a short novel xmas themed story featuring Allie & Rosa that's planned for Dec 24th. (This is outside of the game content.)

It's a bit awkward with our plans thanks to Patreon, but once all of v0.20 is fully out for the public in December. It won't be until sometime in February when our next public game versions are ready, as v0.21 will be our next supporter exclusive version planned by the end of January.

In other words, to keep it simple. Heading into 2024, v0.21's release will set things back to normal with our typical expectations between supporter vs public versions released every 30-45 days. This month is only handling things differently due to the awkward situation we're in now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sirrah

Messy Studios

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2019
v0.20 pt 1 & 2 (rolled into one download) has been released for the public! Thread has been updated, check the changelog section on page 1 for information about the content added. ^^

v0.20 pt 3 has also been released for our sub star supporters at $5+ tier!

More content is coming this month, this is just the get the ball rolling once again and equal the playing field for our public vs support game downloads offered! <3 If you wish to support us, our sub star page is on the OP post and it can be seen under my profile to the left. All support during December into January will determine how we proceed with new content offered for both public and support versions of the game, since the team's costs for their skills relies heavily on the funding.

Thank you everyone for sticking with us and being more than patient!

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I saw a lot of complaints about it not being Full Screen, I hate Full Screen as I multitask. We need OPTIONS tab to adjust volume and windowed/Full.

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Messy Academy, you say? I wonder how "messy" the game will be.
*sees "scat" and "urination" tags

Uh oh

twinklecake

May 21, 2018
I think shit and nappies in a sexual context are disgusting, but I'm also glad the people who are into just that got a game that seems to have properly characterized love interests, detailed drawings, and proper spell-checking to boot. Good job mate.

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes