Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 7, 2018
Mod updated for Midlife Crisis v0.22. Enjoy!

@ Sngo, RE: Android
No experience with Android modding (nor device to test it on), but here's what I can think of:
1) a quick how-to by PyTom (creator of Ren'Py) from the lemmasoft forums: "With root, you can put .rpy files in /data/data/com.domain.game/files/game , and Ren'Py will pick them up."
2) If you have Ren'Py and RAPT (both free) you could apply the mod on your desktop/laptop, load the modded game as Ren'Py project and build the APK yourself.
3) ask one of the awesome folks who do Android versions on f95 if they'd build a pre-patched one.

Tr89

Aug 13, 2018
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label version21 is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 1 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 1.

The label scenehn21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 17 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 17.

The label scenehn21vwife is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 555 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 555.

The label scenemr21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 666 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 666.

The label stease21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 764 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 764.

The label ws21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 939 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 939.

The label sceneom21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 1350 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 1350.

The label revert21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 1413 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 1413.

The label scenemsb21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 1875 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 1875.

The label msb21vpost is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 1921 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 1921.

The label noballcum21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 2381 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 2381.

The label scenemw21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 2973 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 2973.

The label revertmw21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3027 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 3027.

The label mw21vpost is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3633 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 3633.

The label sceneat21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3652 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 3652.

The label scenemsw21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 4524 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 4524.

The label scenels21v is defined twice, at
File "game/version21.rpy", line 5116 and
File "game/version22.rpyc", line 5116.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Thu Nov 05 01:22:22 2020
i can't get but this every time i start the game now first time it happen all i had to do was hit reload and it let me play the game but i had to go into town so i shut it down and now i can't get past start up to even load the game

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
Can you double check on the scripts.rpa? I'm getting error messages..
Yeah, mine crashes immediately on start, even on a fresh install now.
you should also give him something he can work with. like something like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get this error if you use script.rpa and the game does not start at all.

Aug 7, 2018
you should also give him something he can work with. like something like this
I get this error if you use script.rpa and the game does not start at all.
Thanks, that was exactly where the problem was. Last minute cleanup on version21.rpy without reloading it to update the rpyc. Silly mistake, sorry about that. Fix is up.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
Thanks, that was exactly where the problem was. Last minute cleanup on version21.rpy without reloading it to update the rpyc. Silly mistake, sorry about that. Fix is up.
this happens even to the best developer/modder.
my mod does not always run error-free, good that renpy shows error information.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Having to click past the entire "End of version 21"-message before it continues was admittedly not the most intuitive anyway, so I'll find a better way of doing that. Thanks for double-checking.
I changed version transition to make it more intuitive, but it looks like it's not quite there yet :cry:
Since the current version is v0.22 and there is no Midlife Crisis v0.23 yet, the jump will fail and give an exception. That's totally normal.

The idea is to make the mod compatible with newer versions of the game, so using an older version of the mod won't break or prevent you from playing newer releases of the game.
I haven't tested it, but you should be able to avoid crashes due to the non-existent version23 label by using instead of the endversion22 menu?

For example, change this:
To this:

Aug 7, 2018
I haven't tested it, but you should be able to avoid crashes due to the non-existent version23 label by using instead of the endversion22 menu?

For example, change this:
To this:
Got NameError: name 'version23' is not defined. But you're right, it should work. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Yep, just had to add single quotes. if renpy.has_label('version23'): works like a charm. More elegant solution than the try / except approach I'd initially been trying to get to work, too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
Miss v0.21 of the game my last save is from v0.20(i'd courteous mod and incest install)
I get an error when trying to load a save with the 'v22-fix' and the incest patch
Anyone proficient in renpy can help me figure it out? Not asking to spend 4-5hours on it, just would like to know if there is some edit somewhere I could do? I'm on pages 238(savefile)... are they all useless now? :(
And if I click on ignore I get a second error
I may have had OEJ-gallery mod present in v0.20 which is not present now(not yet updated) could it be the problem?

P.S. After some fiddling turn out the last save that I could load was on page 35 (not long after meeting niece/nephew(trans content)). This F*ing suck, but I'll just restart. :(

Last edited:

slorraine

Mar 12, 2020
remove all .rpa files from Midlife Crisis/game (to some backup folder, just to be sure).

Is it including images.rpa & scrpits.rpa?

Thanks you very much

Jul 25, 2019
I'm having a hard time understanding how to install. I'm not real familiar with the renpy file system. I dragged and dropped the files from the mod game folder into the MC game folder and replace duplicates. What am I supposed to do with the scripts file? If I put it in the game folder, the game crashes. If I just put it in the main folder there is no walkthrough. help?

Aug 7, 2018
Any way to disable the walkthrough? i just want the courteous mod
It can't be disabled, but you can safely ignore recommended choices and play however you want (the WT covers all routes and will give you additional options at some points, but never enforces anything). If I wrote it today I'd probably make it modular, but as is it's a package.
remove all .rpa files from Midlife Crisis/game (to some backup folder, just to be sure).

Is it including images.rpa & scrpits.rpa?

Thanks you very much
If you went the UnRen option 1 route you can remove all .rpa files after extracting archives. The only one you'd have to remove is scripts.rpa, because it conflicts with the modded scripts.
I'm having a hard time understanding how to install. I'm not real familiar with the renpy file system. I dragged and dropped the files from the mod game folder into the MC game folder and replace duplicates. What am I supposed to do with the scripts file? If I put it in the game folder, the game crashes. If I just put it in the main folder there is no walkthrough. help?
There's two ways of installing the mod:
1) UnRen option 1 + individual script files (useful if you want to make your own modifications on top of the mod or if you'd unpack archives anyway to access the images folder)
2) scripts.rpa - the fast and easy way: just drop it into the /game folder and overwrite when asked. No need for UnRen or individual scripts files.

If you're unfamiliar with Renpy you can safely ignore anything but scripts.rpa. It contains the full mod.
The WT won't kick in until the first major choice.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes