Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Script files have been changed and a newer version of renpy used. Many spelling mistakes and a tiny bit of code has been changed (just one scene) which seems to have completely broken everything. Hopefully from now on it shouldn't happen again. Especially with Hordragg in the server now :D
My old save worked from v25 just fine. I do not use any Mods except the Incest patch.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
A lot of masterpieces have been written on pen and paper :)

Next time I hope you have someone to keep us posted, as even some of us pirates actually care for more than just the works.

Welcome back, you was missed.
I'm pretty sure Shakespeare used a laptop to do most of his great works minus the Merchant of Venice because he was scared Christopher Marlowe would be able to trace the plagiarism to him.

Sad that he bought an Alienware though... rip.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
I have no idea of your earlier discussion (haven't read it yet), but technically it depends on what you're escaping. For almost everything the \ is the escape flag in Ren'Py, but there are some exceptions. For instance, if you're going to use a [ the way to escape it is to double it ([[). See for details).
Every single walkthrough mod I looked on so far uses plain \ to escape brackets too (when they write in brackets what the choice does). It just works, there's no reason to complicate things based on a "technicality". We're talking about coding here. The documentation shows you one way to do things, not the one way to do things right. I have yet to see a scenario where \ doesn't work, and so far I have personally written 114 kilobytes worth of code around 252 kilobytes of plain text in Ren'Py for a first release that isn't even done yet.

He isn't missing a space and while '\' is the standard way to escape in python and has been used elsewhere in this VN, '%%' works just as well.
My point still stands. Keep it simple:

1631650036851.png

Reactions: murishani

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How much interracial content is it in this game? Is it only 1 scene or is there more?
Certainly not a lot. I wonder whether this is the third tag which only is there because of the Michele revenge scene. There is another couple with which you interact but so far nothing happened. So if you are specifically looking for this kind of stuff, you won't be satisfied.

May 30, 2017
Certainly not a lot. I wonder whether this is the third tag which only is there because of the Michele revenge scene. There is another couple with which you interact but so far nothing happened. So if you are specifically looking for this kind of stuff, you won't be satisfied.
Thank you for a great answer. :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nef is alive?? Thank god. Quick, someone get this man a beer fund so I can donate to it.
Considering he had to change diet due to health reasons it may be better to have a general beverage fund - he'll know what to get. But yeah, a pint should be possible.

Reactions: prika1

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Every single walkthrough mod I looked on so far uses plain \ to escape brackets too (when they write in brackets what the choice does). It just works, there's no reason to complicate things based on a "technicality". We're talking about coding here. The documentation shows you one way to do things, not the one way to do things right. I have yet to see a scenario where \ doesn't work, and so far I have personally written 114 kilobytes worth of code around 252 kilobytes of plain text in Ren'Py for a first release that isn't even done yet.

View attachment 1405009
I can guarantee \[ doesn't always work. I've tried it myself in my own Ren'Py coding. It most definitely is not always what you need to use. Case in point:
Python:
python:
        s_name = renpy.input("{outlinecolor=#000}{i}{color=#A38F84}After fishing around in your swirling thoughts, you finally come up with it [[default: {color=#FF0090}Terry{/color}].{/color}{/i}{/outlinecolor}", length = 24)
        s_name = name.strip()
        if not s_name:
            s_name = "Terry"
Maybe everything that's going on in that Python snippet is confusing the Ren'Py engine or something, but it absolutely does not work without using the double [[ escape code. Ren'Py always threw an error here unless I used the double bracket. I've attached my traceback of the "invalid conversion specification" error Ren'Py gave when trying to use \[ (what I originally had tried in this case, long before this conversation in this thread ever came up).

Since I've never seen double bracket fail, why introduce a practice that doesn't always work?

But now we're getting off topic, so I'm not going to worry about any further response on this point.

Reactions: Hordragg

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Considering he had to change diet due to health reasons it may be better to have a general beverage fund - he'll know what to get. But yeah, a pint should be possible.
Yes, but Buy Me a Beer doesn't monitor you after the fact. Pretty sure they don't track CCTV footage or follow those getting donations with drones.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes, but Buy Me a Beer doesn't monitor you after the fact. Pretty sure they don't track CCTV footage or follow those getting donations with drones.
Well, maybe they get your location, credit card info and time spent from the phone ;) Then they cross check with the bar's sales figures they hacked, and suddenly you need to explain how you as a grown man spent a whole evening nibbling on a small vanilla sprite. Would you want to have to explain that? ;)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

View attachment 1405009
Half of your initial point was plain wrong and the other half hasn't been challenged by anyone, really, but was merely expanded on. Why on earth are you trying to further it with a screenshot combo that could've just as easily be done using double percent (which is actually being well understood by seasoned developers)?

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes