botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Damn, did I miss this game!

Great update, almost made sweeter due to the long wait.
Loved the continuation of the Sarah scene (the redhead is Sarah, right? I'm calling her Natasha in my playthrough, so I honestly don't really remember), loved how into everything Sandra is, though that was already clear considering what went down with MCs sister and niece.

One thing that always seems to work with Midlife Crisis, apart from the painful boner inducing sex scenes, is to show the emotional connection and in this update there were several scenes, which included that part. Love it.

I hope Nef manages to follow up on his intentions and give us fast updates for now, so that we don't have to wait too long for more.

Edited to add, because obviously on the internet people can misunderstand ANYTHING and twist your intentions so that you appear as a bad guy!
I was very concerned when Nef disappeared for so long and seriously feared that he was very ill and no one was happier than I was, when he reappeared and we learned that while he had been seriously sick, he was now really feeling better.

I have expressed my concerns and my happiness both on his discord and his patreon, as he is one of the creators I follow closely and whose work I cherish the most. I just didn't do so here, because tbh, I don't much like it here anymore, partially thanks to people like Wolf and thus don't post that much in this forum.
When I wrote about hoping for many updates, I was only referring to how Nef himself wrote that he enjoys working on the game the most right now and that he thinks he can churn out updates very fast.
That was all, no callous disregard for his health, no being a jerk, but of course if someone WANTS to read something nefarious in your comments, he can always interpret things that way.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i have a question this is version 0.26 because wen i finish the game sey this is the finish to version 0.25
Stop using mods that haven't been updated, they block all content past the point they were made for.

If you are stuck on .25 then you are likely using the walkthrough mod for .25 which won't work for .26 and stops at the end of .25

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Its good to have you back Nefastus I'm glad you're ok. Smoking hot update as always going to jump back on your patron again.

Reactions: DanLong

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Stop using mods that haven't been updated, they block all content past the point they were made for.

If you are stuck on .25 then you are likely using the walkthrough mod for .25 which won't work for .26 and stops at the end of .25
Are you sure? I think there's a typo in the text at the end of version 26 that says it's the end of version 25, so people that didn't previously play version 25 are confused. At least that's what it looked like when I played it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Are you sure? I think there's a typo in the text at the end of version 26 that says it's the end of version 25, so people that didn't previously play version 25 are confused. At least that's what it looked like when I played it.
Didn't notice that.

Could be that but usually when people are blocked from content it's when they use outdated mods/patches. The patch is just an on/off switch so it can't be that but the walkthrough and gallery mods are both still for .25 so anyone using those will end up locked to .25

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Correct, I saw end of .25 but it was definitely new content

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Well, android version says 0.26 but it ended when Sarah came to talk to MC and we have a choice to say that we love her or not. If I remember well, that was the ending from 0.25 right?

7U73N

Dec 31, 2019

So have you completed the game till it showed, "this is the end for version 26" without mods?
Just want to know the end of new content.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Definitely more coming soon. Being laid up for so long I realized that making games is actually when I feel the happiest, going to really give it a run now.
I am so, so relieved that you're alive and okay! I played your game for the first time recently and fell in love with it. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best =)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
What lemonfreak said, simply an unfortunate typo:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, android version says 0.26 but it ended when Sarah came to talk to MC and we have a choice to say that we love her or not. If I remember well, that was the ending from 0.25 right?
Yeah, that's the end of the 0.25 content.
There also was a "to" - "too" mixup quite early in the content IIRC. Or was that still 0.25?
On the phone call with Erica, yes. There are a few more but most have already been reported here – see Master of Puppets' excellent post, for instance – and/or on Discord.

Reactions: underoath27

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
will you or can you get your daughters pregnant in this
Not yet, but all things considered at least the older daughter will be getting pregnant eventually! I mean hell, was it .25 where she was offering, in 18 years, to teach her daughter to suck their dad's cock? If that ain't Checkoff's gun, I don't know what is!!!!!

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
Dear Mr. Nefastus Sir,

I just read through the last 10 or 11 pages of this thread, and am very glad to hear that you are well on the road to recovery.

I do have a question, though. Was there some kind of "name-ectomy" or something performed at some time or other? It seems that while playing through this update, my MC is now suddenly named Dianna. And no, I did not assign him that name at any time. I've seen dialog mislabeled in other games from time to time, but it's usually only a line or two. Here, so far, every line of dialog spoken by the MC uses the name Dianna. Very strange.

Anyway, enjoying your game, and glad to read the good news regarding yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Dear Mr. Nefastus Sir,

I just read through the last 10 or 11 pages of this thread, and am very glad to hear that you are well on the road to recovery.

I do have a question, though. Was there some kind of "name-ectomy" or something performed at some time or other? It seems that while playing through this update, my MC is now suddenly named Dianna. And no, I did not assign him that name at any time. I've seen dialog mislabeled in other games from time to time, but it's usually only a line or two. Here, so far, every line of dialog spoken by the MC uses the name Dianna. Very strange.

Anyway, enjoying your game, and glad to read the good news regarding yourself.
Are you using someone elses save? Mc's default name is set at the start of the game as Steve Smith and you can overwrite it then.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes