Jonjonj

Mar 1, 2022
You have to unpack it first........
I downloaded it myself, it won't unpack. It's weird, I can go into the files through winrar and see them, but I can't actually pull it onto my drive. Also there is a weird text doc saying something like Removedbycreator or something similar.

Never seen that before. I got it from Gofile.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
imo its not so much a matter of cucking, but more what he said; without romantic tension things trend towards boring. There's a long contiuum often untouched between "YEAH I FUCK UR GIRL BETTER THAN YOU" and "mc is the only sexual being on the planet full of millions of girls waiting for him and only him".
While both your aspects are correct in general, I doubt that "pushing the limits" and including new kinks or expanding on existing ones more and more is the solution for all games, as it might just as well alienate those who like the game. When you're hitting the wall of nothing interesting to tell anymore with what you already included, the solution might be to wrap things up.

As for "MC is the only sexual being" - yeah, if taken to the extreme that can be annoying, but every once in a while I like me some low upkeep game, played with a beer in hand and just enjoying it vanilla style. No need for a BDSM dungeon, complex gameplay, or other males. Also, I don't think getting a cuck into the game makes the MC less "center of the universe", if anything it might be the opposite.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Midlife Crisis v0.33.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You seriously think I did not do that???
Well, you don't give much info to go on - and you'd be surprised (or not) the number of people who don't unpack first.

You don't mention any error windows or other experiences in attempting to open the compressed version of the game. Also, you don't mention any specs of your computer or if you have made sure all your drivers and OS is up to date. So we have to start with the most basic of instructions first. When you take your car to the mechanic, do you just say "it don't run right"? I hope not, I hope you give some details of observations of what happened, what sounds you hear, what visual cues, etc. Otherwise, you've just signaled to the mechanic that you're going to be an easy target to upsell and make recommendations to that are unnecessary.

That said, I just downloaded the compressed version from the GoFile link - specifically to see if there was a problem with the compressed version to check on it for you - and had no problems with the game running using either the 64bit or the 32bit exe files. My system is a 10 year old ASUS desktop with 16GB RAM and an ancient video card running Windows 10. Everything is up to date.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Jonjonj

Mar 1, 2022
Same reason tech support always asks you to turn it off and on again or unplug and plug it back in. 9 times out of 10 that fixes it.

Also, nothing wrong with the GoFile download, downloaded it from there myself
You are talking about the compressed version correct? Because it is not fine for me, at all.

Reactions: OleJackRipper

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
You are talking about the compressed version correct? Because it is not fine for me, at all.
had the same problem with gofile. download finished but the file was corrupted tested it wit winrar and 7zip.
could be that the updlad on gofile itself got corrupted.
still downloading from anaonfiles i hope it works.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Look 2 posts above yours at my last post. What's happening that it's "not fine" at all. What are the specs of your computer and have you made sure all your drivers and OS is up to date. Which EXE file are you attempting to use to run the game? If you have an older computer - did you try both the 64bit and the 32bit exe to see if either works? Do you have problems with other Ren'Py games? Have you had problems with previous full or compressed versions of this game?

Have you tried deleting your download and trying again?

If, in the end, you continue to have problems with the compressed version - you may need to bite the bullet and download the full version.

• Angry

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
had the same problem with gofile. download finished but the file was corrupted tested it wit winrar and 7zip.
Except two of us have already reported no problems with the GoFile link - so the file there is not corrupted. Perhaps people are having problems with their own downloads of the file, but the file itself is fine.

Jonjonj

Mar 1, 2022
Look 2 posts above yours at my last post. What's happening that it's "not fine" at all. What are the specs of your computer and have you made sure all your drivers and OS is up to date. Which EXE file are you attempting to use to run the game? If you have an older computer - did you try both the 64bit and the 32bit exe to see if either works? Do you have problems with other Ren'Py games? Have you had problems with previous full or compressed versions of this game?

Have you tried deleting your download and trying again?

If, in the end, you continue to have problems with the compressed version - you may need to bite the bullet and download the full version.
Yes, I did that in the end, I couldn't work out the problem with it. Maybe it would work with 7z or another unpacker, just not with winrar for me.

No problems with renfy games so far, first time really. Doesn't matter but the named file with deletedbycreator or something puzzled me a lot.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Just redownloaded to double check. Windows' built in zip handler reads it fine as does 7Zip. 7Zip reports no errors if I run a test.

WinRar used to be the best program for handling compressed files, but its been bad for years. 7Zip and PeaZip are both superior.

But I suspect its just something glitching on your end.

ED Also, have you checked the checksums match those in the post?

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Jonjonj

Mar 1, 2022
Yes, I did that in the end, I couldn't work out the problem with it. Maybe it would work with 7z or another unpacker, just not with winrar for me.

No problems with renfy games so far, first time really. Doesn't matter but the named file with deletedbycreator or something puzzled me a lot.
For further info

Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png

Do you see the filesdeletedbydev thing? I can't open it but I've never seen that before.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You seriously think I did not do that???
Let me put it this way: I learned that you can open files in some archives by reading dozens of "program doesn't work" because people did not unpack. Before that I would have been just like you "You seriously do think I didn't unpack? Archives are for convenient transportation, not for using themselves." But yeah, dozens of people do that.

And sometimes we all screw up. In my department at work I am IT's "sparring partner" for when new software should be tested because they know I got most of the basics and don't do the major idiot stuff, so it is about how it works. Yet, they will also remind me of that one time my monitor didn't work for I guess you can guess the reason - the most stupid and classic one it is. ;)

Jan 24, 2022
Okay, so... Perhaps it is just me but... With the last update and this one I have to ask... Why no DP? Especially with the wife and Sarah, "plastic" dick shouldn't scare too many people, right? Just would have been nice to see Sarah double stuffed.

To a lesser extent same goes for Sandra with the MC and Kyle or Marie and Kyle and Sandra. I'm sure there are a large number of people who don't want to see another virtual cock in the "room" so I get not including it there.

I guess I just expect this game to push the limits a bit more. Enjoyed the scene with Sandra and Marie.
I completely agree with you and hope the story eventually goes down that road. Think much of this aversion to MMF scenes stems from subconscious insecurities. Not everything is about harems.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes