jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I'm not bothered about it, god knows I've played any number of gay themed games but, sadly, there are a lot of whiny cunts who over-react to a single frame of something they didn't want to see :FacePalm:

If the tag stops one of those whiny cunts from spamming the thread with their bullshit then it's worth it.
The thing is though, this will do the opposite. That scene was from several updates ago, literally nobody even mentioned it. This will just bring people who want gay content into the thread, and they'll end up disappointed.

This type of thing shouldn't be included in the tags people use to search for games . Just stick it under "Genre" with a note that it's so minor its practically nothing.

Reactions: cergyn and sefirofe

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The thing is though, this will do the opposite. That scene was from several updates ago, literally nobody even mentioned it. This will just bring people who want gay content into the thread, and they'll end up disappointed.

This type of thing shouldn't be included in the tags people use to search for games . Just stick it under "Genre" with a note that it's so minor its practically nothing.
Which is why I followed up my earlier post with a request thread to change the way the tags work, ie. TAGS, Tags or tags to indicate THEME, Major Optional Content or minor optional content.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018

I'll likely just cut the option to view the "punishment" in the future, then request the tag get removed/updated honestly. I didn't really consider it gay content when I added it considering the context, but I can understand why it was tagged. Honestly though the actual viewing of the scene isn't important enough to me to worry about leaving it in, just wanted to ensure the guy felt a little karma. I don't personally think the tag is a big deal, but I certainly don't want people coming to play thinking they will get gay content if they searched for that tag, especially when the scene is actually considered punishment by the characters involved. Doesn't really reflect the gay community well if I let that scene be the basis of my game having 'gay' content.

I've had that disappointment of reading tags and then playing a game that doesn't really include it. Not that big of a deal usually cause something else in the game is still satisfying, but if you are looking specifically for gay content....well this certainly isn't a game you want to spend your time downloading. I do kind of wish tags were based on what the focus of the game actually is rather than a list of every possible kink/render available, but mostly since tags are the only option we can use to search for the type of game we want. Kinda like if the fem protag/multiple protag tag is added cause there is one scene from a female viewpoint but 200 from a male viewpoint. I mean sure, it's there, but it's not REALLY a fem protag game.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
So I have been thinking about what Nefastus will do when this is finished, and the Voices in my Head shared a secret. The NEXT project will require F95Zone to create a NEW tag: Space Hamster Protagonist. :devilish:

Just a thought. :)

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
So I have been thinking about what Nefastus will do when this is finished, and the Voices in my Head shared a secret. The NEXT project will require F95Zone to create a NEW tag: Space Hamster Protagonist. :devilish:

Just a thought. :)
I think that would already be covered under the furry and bestiality tags

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
I do kind of wish tags were based on what the focus of the game actually is rather than a list of every possible kink/render available, but mostly since tags are the only option we can use to search for the type of game we want. Kinda like if the fem protag/multiple protag tag is added cause there is one scene from a female viewpoint but 200 from a male viewpoint. I mean sure, it's there, but it's not REALLY a fem protag game.
But then the turnabout is content people wish to avoid. A single scene might not be satisfactory for someone seeking the content, but it might be enough to ruin someone else's enjoyment. I do think there should be weighted tags (some way of indicating how much a certain tag plays a part) as well as other informational pieces (Optional, requires patch, etc)

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
I don't have any issues with that scene, but if I had seen the gay tag when looking at the game for the first time, I would have probably never tried the game, on the assumption that gay content was much more prevalent.
Which would have been a massive shame for me and a huge disservice to the dev.

Reactions: Shiva0067

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I agree that tags should be reserved for major themes, and that this should be made clear on the site somehow. I have said this before. A tag for a single shot both stops people playing a game they might enjoy and disappoints people seeking out that theme. In this case, it is a single shot of two minor characters, not involving the MC, and the event is clearly signposted and skipable. There is no way this should give the game gay tag. The rape tag is more excusable since people could be triggered by an unexpected rape scene, but as long as it is signposted (and this is) I also don't see the issue.

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
The rape tag is more relevant.
The whole situation that leads up to that scene makes it more than a one off.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I agree with everyone who has said that it's just one minor, easily avoidable scene, in my mind, it doesn't do this wonderful story justice to slap it with gay and rape tags. It only leads to false trepidations or expectations, depending on what you're looking for in a game.

Personally I am not bothered by the scene and have played it through on all of my playthroughs, because the guy deserved it and much much worse. After all it's implied that he regularly raped his own daughter and then decided to sell her off into (sexual) slavery. IMHO Nefastus showed remarkable restraint in his punishment.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I agree with everyone who has said that it's just one minor, easily avoidable scene, in my mind, it doesn't do this wonderful story justice to slap it with gay and rape tags. It only leads to false trepidations or expectations, depending on what you're looking for in a game.

Personally I am not bothered by the scene and have played it through on all of my playthroughs, because the guy deserved it and much much worse. After all it's implied that he regularly raped his own daughter and then decided to sell her off into (sexual) slavery. IMHO Nefastus showed remarkable restraint in his punishment.
Only showed restraint cause blood was hard to do properly haha, the original plan was a bit more....Goodfellas level vengeance rather than what ended up in there.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Only showed restraint cause blood was hard to do properly haha, the original plan was a bit more....Goodfellas level vengeance rather than what ended up in there.
You did a very good job of conveying the great lengths Michele would go to to punish people doing horrible things to their children. And although that scene may not be as dark as you envisioned it, I feel the alternative path gives of a way darker and sinister vibe. Seeing Michele carrying him outside telling the MC that he'll never hear of him again, I just know that scumbag is about to leave the world like a snitch in a Don Winslow novel. Not pretty.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Any idea when we might start seeing the pregnancy outcomes of our choices to in or out? Just asking because I love that risk makes it easier to put your self in the MC's shoes. Kind of "Pull out or not to pull out...that is the question" type thing. Not to mention I, for one am actively trying to get both daughters and the sister pregnant if no one else.

Reactions: belovedeggs

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Any idea when we might start seeing the pregnancy outcomes of our choices to in or out? Just asking because I love that risk makes it easier to put your self in the MC's shoes. Kind of "Pull out or not to pull out...that is the question" type thing. Not to mention I, for one am actively trying to get both daughters and the sister pregnant if no one else.
It's only been weeks in the game so he'd have to fast forward a bit for us to see pregnant bellies. As to positive results on pregnancy tests - most don't check until they miss a period (not always, that's a massive generalization) so it could still be weeks. Though I've heard there are tests that can detect in 8-10 days of conception.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
For all anyone knows, someone may already be pregnant lol. It won't be in the code until the update the MC learns about it, I don't want you guys peeking haha.

The ramifications of the choices will start way before you 'see' the outcomes. (Dealing with the reality of having impregnated one or two of them will likely start out not being pleasant for the MC, but then end up great) The story is slow paced so most of the actual pregnancy stuff will be dealing with the early stages of pregnancy, and honestly I am still trying to mentally tackle the nightmare of actually having multiple optional pregnancies when it comes to rendering. Odds are for most of the game they won't really be at the showing stage, then a full update or two dealing with the later stages for whoever is currently pregnant(whether it be one or two or whatever). Just the logistics of having to try to do 10 to 20 times the renders for each scene depending on who is in it and who is pregnant....*shiver*. There likely won't be a situation where all of them are maybe pregnant and showing at once. It's either that or I force it to be either all or nothing which I don't really want to do.

Also keep in mind, some of the girls don't want to get pregnant and take actions accordingly, without the MC's knowledge(but not behind his back, that's why he hasn't REALLY asked about birth control in game, I wanted to leave it ambiguous). They won't even have the option to get pregnant until it is discussed and they change their mind, if they ever do. Some may want it, but not get pregnant right away even if they are trying.

By handling it his way, depending on how long the game runs(I assume everyone will get sick of the game before I do lol), I can spread out the extra work a little and make it much easier to handle and still have the updates that deal with the late stages of pregnancy have plenty of content for people who didn't choose pregnancy options for that particular girl or girls.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
For all anyone knows, someone may already be pregnant lol. It won't be in the code until the update the MC learns about it, I don't want you guys peeking haha.

The ramifications of the choices will start way before you 'see' the outcomes. (Dealing with the reality of having impregnated one or two of them will likely start out not being pleasant for the MC, but then end up great) The story is slow paced so most of the actual pregnancy stuff will be dealing with the early stages of pregnancy, and honestly I am still trying to mentally tackle the nightmare of actually having multiple optional pregnancies when it comes to rendering. Odds are for most of the game they won't really be at the showing stage, then a full update or two dealing with the later stages for whoever is currently pregnant(whether it be one or two or whatever). Just the logistics of having to try to do 10 to 20 times the renders for each scene depending on who is in it and who is pregnant....*shiver*. There likely won't be a situation where all of them are maybe pregnant and showing at once. It's either that or I force it to be either all or nothing which I don't really want to do.

Also keep in mind, some of the girls don't want to get pregnant and take actions accordingly, without the MC's knowledge(but not behind his back, that's why he hasn't REALLY asked about birth control in game, I wanted to leave it ambiguous). They won't even have the option to get pregnant until it is discussed and they change their mind, if they ever do. Some may want it, but not get pregnant right away even if they are trying.

By handling it his way, depending on how long the game runs(I assume everyone will get sick of the game before I do lol), I can spread out the extra work a little and make it much easier to handle and still have the updates that deal with the late stages of pregnancy have plenty of content for people who didn't choose pregnancy options for that particular girl or girls.
As someone who hates impregnation and pregnancy I hope that 'Best Girl' Amanda doesn't end up pregnant as a result of the, obviously, preferred version of her most recent scene.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
As someone who hates impregnation and pregnancy I hope that 'Best Girl' Amanda doesn't end up pregnant as a result of the, obviously, preferred version of her most recent scene.
Obviously I won't say yes or no but......I wouldn't worry there, it was more she wanted their first time to be the 'full' experience. I try not to punish players, especially when just trying to make a first encounter special.

Reactions: Ghostly

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Obviously I won't say yes or no but......I wouldn't worry there, it was more she wanted their first time to be the 'full' experience. I try not to punish players, especially when just trying to make a first encounter special.
I assumed that was the case and obviously I wouldn't want to, in any way, ruin 'Best Girl' Amanda's experience so I'm glad that it isn't a trap.

When I think about it, it's obvious because impregnating your daughters before your wife (their mother) is on board with the idea would be a pretty dumb thing to do.

karax09

Dec 15, 2018
I tried everything from the beginning but the result is the same V0.16 problem

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes