Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
so thanks for all the supportive info, i do appreciate it, just like i do from lemonfreak. but "gave me away"? giving what away? i'm not trying 2 hide nething, just asking 4 some help, that's all. n i dunno what all the #s mean, but if u say i'm basically saving no space, ok.

n like i said b4, i did unpack the files (game n mod) to the desktop, did the same process lemonfreak instructed, n still getting the same problem. so i do appreciate some of u guys genuinely trying 2 help, vs the other "cyberbrave" smartasses (seriously guys, how does that help ne1 other than boost ur own egos? big men talking shit in cyberspace usually reflects frustration from not being a big man irl; try being nice sometime).

yet none of this still answers the original question: is there any way to fix the script error i'm having or not, n do i have 2 start over? 6 responses to my OP, yet still no actual answer...am i phrasing the question wrong somehow?

p.s. how do u insert the quotes links?
You're welcome. And apologies for the poor phrasing. I wasn't trying to insinuate malintent.

The tabulated numbers show the sizes (in Bytes) of the zip file, the extracted game and the game after using unren (and deleting the then superfluous rpa files). The last line shows the delta between the first and the second to last line, meaning the additional space needed of extracting and unrening the game over keeping the zip file.

As the problem seems to persist although you tried loading the saves with an extracted version of the game I fear your saves may be broken. Did you use unren on the game's files prior to dropping the modded files into the folder? Having both the modded and unmodded scenes inside the game may be the culprit. Can you still skip the already seen content by using CTRL or TAB? You could restart and skip to the scene you've seen last. Although a bit tedious, skipping content is actually quite fast.

To answer your last question: the number in the upper right corner of each post serves as a direct link and after copying to clipboard can be used with the 'Insert link' action of the editor.

Reactions: extreme_sadist
Jan 10, 2020
What I understand of your problem is a script version conflict between your saves and the actual one you try to run. Renpy work with python script that imply that your saves contain variables value and the position in the script when you saved the game. In the case of mod install or big variation in the script when loading a save the game doesn't know where to go in the script or variables are not initialised.
You said that a save when loaded put you in a prior scene than when you saved you could play from that one since that mean the game was able to put you back in the script but you could have inconsistencies or bug further in the game.
If you have a save from a non modded version (and you're certain of it) then play it with an non modded game.
The safe bet is to backup your saves in case someone can provide you a real way to fix it and start the game from the beginning (with or without the mod but my advice is without).
Not the solution you were looking for but I doubt anything can be done at that point.
You're welcome. And apologies for the poor phrasing. I wasn't trying to insinuate malintent.

The tabulated numbers show the sizes (in Bytes) of the zip file, the extracted game and the game after using unren (and deleting the then superfluous rpa files). The last line shows the delta between the first and the second to last line, meaning the additional space needed of extracting and unrening the game over keeping the zip file.

As the problem seems to persist although you tried loading the saves with an extracted version of the game I fear your saves may be broken. Did you use unren on the game's files prior to dropping the modded files into the folder? Having both the modded and unmodded scenes inside the game may be the culprit. Can you still skip the already seen content by using CTRL or TAB? You could restart and skip to the scene you've seen last. Although a bit tedious, skipping content is actually quite fast.

To answer your last question: the number in the upper right corner of each post serves as a direct link and after copying to clipboard can be used with the 'Insert link' action of the editor.
wow, that's a lotta info, thanks guys. n i actually did try what u said, n went back to a solid save b4 the mod install, that loaded at the same point i saved at, n tried re-saving on top of the old ones to redo my progress, but still wound up w/the same prob since i forgot to uninstall the mod n drop the backup mod file into the main folder to overwrite the game file w/the mod. i never got the chance to use UnRen, since it was telling me it couldn't find the "python.exe" file.

n no, i wasn't able to skip the already seen content...n yes, that is a VERY useful feature, so no chance to restart n skip to the current point. so then i dropped the backup mod file in the main folder to uninstall the mod, n still wound up not being able to re-open saves once i exited the game n restarted, n like both of u said at the end, it doesn't seem like anything can be done at this point, n that my saves are broken.

so i bit the bullet, said "fuck it", took screenshots of my save pages, deleted everything i had on this game from my pc, then re-loaded it, extracted it and the mod, then added the mod from the start, like lemonfreak said, n using my screen caps as reference points, did a speed run thru the game again to get back to where i was. took about 2-3 hours, but considering the time i've already put into the game, worth it...everything seems to be working fine now, n i can actually continue, save, exit, restart, load a save, n everything seems to be working fine again.

this was my 1st time w/installing a mod directly into a game, as opposed to just doing the normal patch, so my apologies to all if i seemed dense n clueless...i was just following the instructions in the posts, n had no idea it made a diff whether or not the game was still zipped or not, n adding the mod in the middle of the game vs halfway. so now that i'm "back in the game", i've gotten most of Nefastus' song references, but have never seen "the little mermaid" (song MC sings to Jenny on the canoe on the lake), n don't watch disney channel other than for the Star Wars animated shows (up until mandalorians...greedy bastards).

so now i'm curious, does anyone have a list of all the song references in this game? i'm really curious now, since they seem to be well-timed n extremely scene-appropriate to the story. thanks again to all who tried helping, n glad i finally got a straight answer on whether or not anything could be done w/the state my game was in...game on y'all! (can't wait to run into Angela n Hailey again...any idea what chapter i'm in, n what chapter they make their next appearance?)

Geist

Sep 25, 2017
Well, "today" doesn't really end until UTC-12:00, about 9h and a half from now.
Every single developer on earth knows it by heart.
You make a good point against which I have no argument. There is still some time left in "today". :ROFLMAO:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Well, "today" doesn't really end until UTC-12:00, about 9h and a half from now.
Every single developer on earth knows it by heart.
...and any sane person knows "Today" is like "Tomorrow" neither exists on a calendar.

FrankFurters

May 13, 2018

Well I never specified a timezone when I said the 18th for release date, so no one say I am late again. I'll just claim I am on vacation in Hawaii or somewhere. Game is currently finishing uploading, links will be up for $20 tier very soon. Now onto the changelog.

Not going to lie, this update will be short for those of you who want absolutely nothing to do with the wife. Still worth playing IMO, just it will certainly feel short since she has two major scenes. There is still plenty of reason to play I feel for everyone, but figured I would be upfront about it.
Finally figured out why this last scene was taking so long to render, and I know is going to come as shock everyone, but it turns out I am an idiot.

I noticed when I was trying to finish up coding it that I could basically only see a tiny portion of each render. A few hours of pulling hair later...and it hit me. Some idiot must have snuck onto my computer when I wasn't looking and set the render settings to 4k. Turns out, 4k takes roughly 3 decades longer per render to run. Live and learn I guess.

For those of you on a more harem focused path, I think this update will be especially pleasing. NO don't jump to any conclusions about a giant group event, I just think a couple of scenes will appeal to that crowd especially.
Well I never specified a timezone when I said the 18th for release date, so no one say I am late again. I'll just claim I am on vacation in Hawaii or somewhere. Game is currently finishing uploading, links will be up for $20 tier very soon. Now onto the changelog.

Last edited:

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Not going to lie, this update will be short for those of you who want absolutely nothing to do with the wife.
For those of you on a more harem focused path, I think this update will be especially pleasing.
So this update was made specially for me? yay!

Also just a heads up FrankFurters: you copied the patreon post twice there

D

Deleted member 2482011

Y'know I'm going to be really disappointed if the mc doesn't sing never gonna give you up at some point. View attachment 697519
Rickrolling has no place in the universe! I am an old fucker and remember when this garbage first hit MTV and it was a piece of crap then, and it certainly has never got any better... I don't get how this ever got to be a joke cause it's just sad...

D

Deleted member 2758

Can somebody upload save file prior to 0.19 with all paths unlocked. When i load mine, I just get error. Thanks

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes