Moobles

Apr 8, 2019
I uncompress the game with UnRen, delete the RPA files and work fine.
Nefastus upgrade the Renpy, to make saves work try rollback and pray.
This worked for me eventually. Decompile the whole lot with unren. Then delete all RPA files and run the program. Then I found a save from the end of .23 and skipped to the end of .24

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
This worked for me eventually. Decompile the whole lot with unren. Then delete all RPA files and run the program. Then I found a save from the end of .23 and skipped to the end of .24
are you willing to share your save from .23?

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
so... I get this error as soon as I paste the update files.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive script.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "\MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "MEGAsync Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.24-pc\renpy\script.py", line 671, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive script.rpyc.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196

Wed May 12 09:37:32 2021

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Found a way to get it working, and load saves from 0.24
copy over the chapter25 and scripts.rpa files to the game directory, use unren to extract all RPA files, go into the game folder and delete all chapter.RPA files and also Scripts.RPA, then i just loaded a save from the end of 0.24.
EDIT: It seems not all 0.24 saves will work unfortunately

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Found a way to get it working, and load saves from 0.24
copy over the chapter25 and scripts.rpa files to the game directory, use unren to extract all RPA files, go into the game folder and delete all chapter.RPA files and also Scripts.RPA, then i just loaded a save from the end of 0.24
didnt work for me

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Update works for me, but you need to use a save from before chapter 23/24, the game version did not matter. As long as the save is made before the events of these chapters, they should work. Case in point, the first of my saves to work was one I made when the MC goes to the Lake with Christine.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Update works for me, but you need to use a save from before chapter 23/24, the game version did not matter. As long as the save is made before the events of these chapters, they should work. Case in point, the first of my saves to work was one I made when the MC goes to the Lake with Christine.
mind sharing the save you used?

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I managed to get 1 of the 0.24 saves to work right at the end of that update, just got lucky i guess.
There's not a lot of content in this update anyway

VelocityRyuga

Feb 15, 2020
Works okay for me. Just old saves don't load.
So how on earth did you manage to scroll through 24 versions of the game, sure unren is a thing but even that would take hours lol. Would you mind passing your latest save file then assuming it does indeed work for you?:p

kippei

Nov 25, 2017
After checking some saves, got the update to work in mine on my save right before your trip with Jennifer and Amanda.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
everyone keeps talking about saves but there are some like me ( technological ..challenged lets say) who can't even make the exe work :d
Hope this will help you!
Put the update rpa files into the "game" folder of Midlife crisis, put a copy of Unren (freely available) in there too, use Unren (double-click on the bat, then choose 1) to unpack the rpa files, then delete the update rpa files (it should work even if you just delete the chapter 25 rpa) and you should be good to go. It matters not if you have the compressed version, it should still function.

Reactions: Zeph3r

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
So how on earth did you manage to scroll through 24 versions of the game, sure unren is a thing but even that would take hours lol. Would you mind passing your latest save file then assuming it does indeed work for you?:p
Enable skip unseen, press control ?

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes