Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Lain's Walkthrough & Cheat Mod [v0.14] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I downloaded this mod, and I keep getting the screen on the right when I try to run the game. Disregard the one on the left. I have two monitors, and it screen-shot both screens.
Screenshot (1).png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Namber4 It looks like you have a broken unofficial language translation you're using.

I downloaded this mod, and I keep getting the screen on the right when I try to run the game.
The mod is for the 0.14 game version and it looks like your game is an older version.

I'm new to this mod and I'm stuck on Isabel Step 19 it says Living Room in the Evening but when I go there nothing happens
You need to click the event icon on the bottom of the screen.

Can be hide the black box in which text appears ??
Middle click your mouse or press the "H" key.

When i try to open the phone it gives me error
Are you sure your game version is 0.14? What's the error say?

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Namber4 It looks like you have a broken unofficial language translation you're using.

The mod is for the 0.14 game version and it looks like your game is an older version.

I downloaded the version 0.14 elite of the game

But merging the game folder i already got a error opening the game saying there are two renpy files present

And after i deleted one of them the game worked normally

But when u get acces to the phone and i try to open it it inmediatly gives me a bunch of errors

Even ignoring it wont help ill try get a screen shot in a min

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I downloaded the version 0.14 elite of the game
But merging the game folder i already got a error
For RenPy games you aren't supposed to merge new game versions into old game versions. Your saves will transfer automatically so delete your old game version and then extract the new game version on it's own and install the mod again and it will work.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
For RenPy games you aren't supposed to merge new game versions into old game versions. Your saves will transfer automatically so delete your old game version and then extract the new game version on it's own and it will work.
I am a little confused caus i dont have the older version of this game anymore

I freshly downloaded this 0.14 version

Do u mean i have to delete the saves from previous versions some where ?

And any clue were to find that ?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I am a little confused caus i dont have the older version of this game anymore
I freshly downloaded this 0.14 version
Oh I misunderstood what you said. No you don't have to delete your previous saves.
I'm not sure why your game has an error then. The most likely reason probably would be you didn't install the mod in the correct folder but I would have to see the error message to know for sure.

Reactions: michael1984

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Oh I misunderstood what you said. No you don't have to delete your previous saves.
I'm not sure why your game has an error then. The most likely reason probably would be you didn't install the mod in the correct folder but I would have to see the error message to know for sure.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/story_14.rpy', 1618655558, 29) is defined twice, at game/game/scripts/story_14.rpyc:101 and scripts/story_14.rpyc:101.

- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 469, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/story_14.rpy', 1618655558, 29) is defined twice, at game/game/scripts/story_14.rpyc:101 and scripts/story_14.rpyc:101.

Thats what i get when i put the mod game folder merging with the 0.14 game folder

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
I don't know about these problems people are having but another world class mod from Maim Lain! Amazing work and so far a good game the sister Ruby is smokin hot! Thanks again for all your contributions!!

Reactions: Maid Lain

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
For RenPy games you aren't supposed to merge new game versions into old game versions. Your saves will transfer automatically so delete your old game version and then extract the new game version on it's own and install the mod again and it will work.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018

Alright. I've got the new one set to download. So I'll just keep it till it downloads. Thanks

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 469, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Thats what i get when i put the mod game folder merging with the 0.14 game folder
This error is because you have the mod folder "game" inside the folder it should have been merged with midnight paradise/"GAME" folder, so it says "game/game/scripts/story_14.rpyc". <----- move this 2nd game folder to the midnight paradise MAIN folder and it will merge with the correct "game" folder Untitled.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes