Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.24] [Shawnchapp]

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
So. Saw on Shawn's Discord that 22 was ready. I'm guessing he or she puts it on the pay sites for a bit before sharing it here? Scrappy does the same thing, so I understand completely. Just curious as to about when it will be shared here is all. Thanks for all the work for us plebeians.

shyney

Nov 8, 2017
I wanted to play without this mod as long it's still not updated but I had to realize that all my saves are missing!? Is this because I was always playing with this mod and my saves are only compatible with this mod now?

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
So. Saw on Shawn's Discord that 22 was ready. I'm guessing he or she puts it on the pay sites for a bit before sharing it here? Scrappy does the same thing, so I understand completely. Just curious as to about when it will be shared here is all. Thanks for all the work for us plebeians.
Screenshot_83.png

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I wanted to play without this mod as long it's still not updated but I had to realize that all my saves are missing!? Is this because I was always playing with this mod and my saves are only compatible with this mod now?
The Ren'py game engine was updated with new security features.
That might be your issue?
Put this file is your renpy folder - and replace when asked to do so.
Then try loading your save?

Reactions: shyney and rKnight

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
The Ren'py game engine was updated with new security features.
That might be your issue?
Put this file is your renpy folder - and replace when asked to do so.
Then try loading your save?
It's useless in MP. The key check is already disabled.

Reactions: Twistty

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
3days
1699819830162.png

yes but no so bronze and above get it as soon as i'm done 2 days after that Followers get it, this was done to make the patreon and subscriberstar tiers line up (SS doesn't have a follower rank) then on the 3rd day its posted publicly here and on my discord.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
3days
View attachment 3081494

yes but no so bronze and above get it as soon as i'm done 2 days after that Followers get it, this was done to make the patreon and subscriberstar tiers line up (SS doesn't have a follower rank) then on the 3rd day its posted publicly here and on my discord.
Cool. Was curious what PB meant. LoL. Thanks for the clarification. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Glucente

Jul 15, 2017
Getting an exception with fresh install and new save with only multi-mod installed

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/start.rpy", line 231, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/location.rpy", line 24, in go_to
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/start.rpyc", line 231, in script
  File "F:\Downloads\Chrome Downloads\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.22-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Downloads\Chrome Downloads\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.22-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Midnight Paradise 0.22
Wed Nov 15 01:21:59 2023

Reactions: cib64

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Getting an exception with fresh install and new save with only multi-mod installed

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/start.rpyc", line 231, in script
  File "F:\Downloads\Chrome Downloads\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.22-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Downloads\Chrome Downloads\MidnightParadise-Elite-0.22-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
Midnight Paradise 0.22
Wed Nov 15 01:21:59 2023

Thats an error with the game itself someone posted a fix in the main thread tho

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawnchapp
  • Reworked Eliana's and Melissa's guide
Are we still able to do both paths at the same time (Harem King Route) - I see an OR in the objectives.
yes if you picked the harem king route (mod option) the rework was rewriting some of the steps and adding the "toggle" to select which girl to work on so clicking on one of the girls will show you that girls guide (the other is still there just close window reopen and pick other girl) if you only picked one girl you won't see this screen at all

1700077148358.png

plus i made it so when you finish one of the girls guide it won't show the "select" screen it will just auto show which ever girl you have left to do..

until this update Mel's and Elaina's guide couldn't be done at the same time (due the way girls were being delay by the main quest etc.) so it was easy to just make the guide go back and forth automatically but you can now for example do one girls steps in the afternoon then in the evening do the other girls step so it had to be redone to allow the player to see both at any given time

I suck at explaining things so i hope what i said made some sense Lol

Last edited:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
"I suck at explaining things so i hope what i said made some sense Lol"
I think you did a bang up job actually! (y)
Thanks for that. :sneaky:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, I got caught up with the Dev on this one, and hopefully I won't have to do that Yoga thing again, took forever to reach Level 5. But did it, and thank you so very much for this mod, it was a load of help!!!

Reactions: Shawnchapp