Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

TrekDr0p

Nov 27, 2020
Just to be sure, there will be an outside world? Not only the house will be your playground?
House looks well made, will there also be an ingame feature to go to a room from another instead of walking all the way to that room? Like a pull down window where you can select the room in the house instead of walking there?

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Which other service has a subscription-based service with (selective) openness regarding how many backers a project has? I know of none. SubscribeStar is honestly not at a level where you can compare it with a monster like Patreon. They may offer the same but they maybe have a hundredth of the projects that Patreon has... which is kind of a shame since Patreon chooses to base their business on old-fashioned, prudish American attitude.
..... "The only thing keeping it alive is the lack of a conclusive alternative" is basically what you said here, just different words.

What is also interesting, is that substar takes a smaller cut too.

It's like how youtube is still the big one, despite how shit it actually is, just that there is no real alternative to properly switch too, although the alts are getting better, rumble isn't too bad.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
House looks well made, will there also be an ingame feature to go to a room from another instead of walking all the way to that room? Like a pull down window where you can select the room in the house instead of walking there?
That option is already there just click this icon
1680517248351.png

And you will get a map of the entire house and you can fast travel anywhere

1680517304961.png

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Reactions: larry5168 and Sycho

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Hello. I came across this link from the previous Mystwood Manor game forum. Are you sure this game will be new? Can you confirm this for me, or am I still waiting. I wouldn't want to miss out on Faerin's new game. Regards.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hello. I came across this link from the previous Mystwood Manor game forum. Are you sure this game will be new? Can you confirm this for me, or am I still waiting. I wouldn't want to miss out on Faerin's new game. Regards.
For any doubts look in the OP, under Developer, and yes, it is the Tech Demo of Bodyguard....a preview how his next game will be structured.
There is not much content, but you can have a sneak peek into the Characters etc.
abrazo

Slashkiller

Oct 24, 2019
So excited for this. Faerin is a wonderfull developer. Played his previous two games multiple times over.
MotH had a better story because it was more character focused. But MM had more engaging playstyle and the character models were awesome.
Amber and Riley really pushed my buttons in MM and Veronica is best girl in MotH.
I hope Faerin takes the best parts of his previous games and puts them together in this one.
Had no idea he was a Dutchy like me though.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
So excited for this. Faerin is a wonderfull developer. Played his previous two games multiple times over.
MotH had a better story because it was more character focused. But MM had more engaging playstyle and the character models were awesome.
Amber and Riley really pushed my buttons in MM and Veronica is best girl in MotH.
I hope Faerin takes the best parts of his previous games and puts them together in this one.
Had no idea he was a Dutchy like me though.
Thank you, but you are breaking my Catalina-loving heart. :cry:

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
Thank you, but you are breaking my Catalina-loving heart. :cry:
Catalina on MWM was awesome, but criminally underused as she was available only at the endgame at Tier 5 if I remember correctly. It was a shame she was such a late addition during the development cycle. At that point, you would have probably bonded already deeply with previous characters.

Honestly, most if not all MWM girls are awesome in their own way. If I had to choose only one to keep, (something I would only do after extended and extreme torture), i'd choose Laura I think. But Catalina would be a close call...

Having said all this, and back to Midnight Sin (and with all reserves given the tiny amount of information we have for now).
I'm a bit worried because the character with the best visual appeal for me is Victoria by far, while at the same time she seems to be the worst one personality-wise. Madeleine seems ok, as does Olivia all around. But Annabelle seems the most appealing and likable "character" (again, for me), but instead I don't like her 3D model (or more in particular, her face, because I find something strange with those lips, that doesn't seem to "fit" nice in her head model). Also, for some reason her physical appearance doesn't seem to evoke the personality she is described to have ingame.

Obiyo

Aug 5, 2016
Great renders but I know it will be major letdown since Faerin probably will focusing more on gameplay rather than story wise.
MoTH is great but Mystwood Manor? Dry as Saharan desert. I'm locking keyword "flat" for this title.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes