Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.2] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What day and time is Victoria's chore time in order to check if she wears the maid outfit?
Any day other than Tuesday or Thursday, 2pm, IIRC. If you did her lesson the day before, you will be bugged.
Im stuck at 76% with Victoria, hints say "I guess is time for another boxing lesson" but when I go to find her in the gym say "I dont think its time for another lesson yet."
You both have run into a bug by triggering the event when you had to take Maddie to work.
This will be fixed in the next version.
You can either load a save before that event, or get the one we posted on Discord, if you don't want to wait.

Reactions: Sycho and rKnight

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
The saves folder is located in the main directory were you start the game, a new version doesn't have it yet but will auto create the folder if it's your first time playing.
However, if you played an earlier version, like 0.4.1, open that game folder, don't start the game but instead Copy the saves folder, now go to 0.4.2 and Paste that saves folder into the same place.
Ah, gotcha. I'm so used to deleting games after playing them (since 99% are Renpy) that I don't have the old versions around. But maybe next time I'll remember!

raakarska

Apr 3, 2023
I like this game but deleted it some time ago. Now I wanted to play it over again but it will not start. It freezes when the girl is holding the loading bar. the bar never even starts to fill... HELP PLEASE.

MWolf55

Jun 19, 2018
Is the patch not working for anyone else? Aren't we simply supposed to place the "mapping" into the directory with the "exe" in it?
Patch works, if you mean the extra content. Cheats are not (assembly). Game starts to load then freezes on the load bar. Put your old assembly file back in the appropriate folder and it will work fine.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
So, what does the patch do exactly? I installed it in the main directory, tested it, and the MC is a step-son and half-brother.
Well, sex between a half-brother and a half-sister is incest...

Re-installed the game, didn't install the patch, but MC is still a step-son and half-brother.
Without the patch, girls are not MC's half-sisters. I guess you used a save from previous, patched game, not starting a new game.

That's no excuse.

Developer knows about this, and he didn't implement it. If I remember correctly, he asked patrons what to do, and they chose to keep current location of saves.

Last edited:

Exanadae

Dec 19, 2018
Developer knows about this, and he didn't implement it. If I remember correctly, he asked patrons what to do, and they chose to keep current location of saves.
Another lesson in why developers should never take technical direction from non-technical users. Operating systems have standard per-user locations for application data for good reasons, and "so reinstalling the app doesn't trash the user's preferences / data" is one of them.

Last edited:

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
Because it's not a Ren'Py game..

RPG Engine has the same set up for saves so it's not 99% as you claim..

It actually makes things easier when you get used to it, you can save your saves folder on a stick drive and be able to fast play your favorite game even on a new computer, without going into APdata and whatnot to track down where your saves are.

Just remember not to delete old game versions before you have transfered over the old saves folder to the new.

If I got 1 Dollar for every post a person has made about getting a save file because he got a new computer.. I would be rich enough to sponsor a whole lot of Devs :p
Because it's not a Ren'Py game..

RPG Engine has the same set up for saves so it's not 99% as you claim..

It actually makes things easier when you get used to it, you can save your saves folder on a stick drive and be able to fast play your favorite game even on a new computer, without going into APdata and whatnot to track down where your saves are.

Just remember not to delete old game versions before you have transfered over the old saves folder to the new.

If I got 1 Dollar for every post a person has made about getting a save file because he got a new computer.. I would be rich enough to sponsor a whole lot of Devs :p
Its not renpy and so what? it's unity, it's your first timer playing a unity game or you will also say that they all use the same save system as this one? RPG engine? you mean RPG maker? cause if that is the case, you are wrong.
Ho yeah its simplier when you have to think about not deleting things and have to manage your saves right? Logic is dead, i guess :)
I didn't get a new computer, i just assumed the game was working like again 99% of other game son this site. So yeah once i finished a version i delete it simple as that.
I m not ocmplaining, i know what to do now that i know how saves work here, but still i wonder why it is how it is.

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
Considering this has never had a folder named "game", that should've been your second clue that you weren't playing a Ren'Py game.
The first was the thread title...
are you claiming that all no renpy games are using in game folder save system? Are you fr or this is a bad joke? 'Unless it's something else?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Another lesson in why developers should never take technical direction from non-technical users. Operating systems have standard per-user locations for application data for good reasons, and "so reinstalling the app doesn't trash the user's preferences / data" is one of them.
Well, whole point of storing the saves deep in local user files, instead in the game is to help non technical users. Either way, it's simple. Developer didn't implement it for whatever reason, and I don't really see how discussion here will change his decision.

Its not renpy and so what? it's unity, it's your first timer playing a unity game or you will also say that they all use the same save system as this one? RPG engine? you mean RPG maker? cause if that is the case, you are wrong.
Ho yeah its simplier when you have to think about not deleting things and have to manage your saves right? Logic is dead, i guess :)
I didn't get a new computer, i just assumed the game was working like again 99% of other game son this site. So yeah once i finished a version i delete it simple as that.
I m not ocmplaining, i know what to do now that i know how saves work here, but still i wonder why it is how it is.
are you claiming that all no renpy games are using in game folder save system? Are you fr or this is a bad joke? 'Unless it's something else?
Renpy games do have in-game saves folder too. Besides, you press this point tad bit to much for somebody not complaining about it....
As for the saves, there are full saves of 0.4.1 in this thread, also they are available at Faerin's discord.

Last edited:

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
First of all, what the hell is a "no Henry" game?

Second, this game does create saves on your computer. They're in the game's main folder, in a subdirectory that is literally called "saves".
View attachment 3986159
Renpy you genius....
I know where the save are jesus i ask why it is like this considering other games are not, renpy or not, unity games also save on your computer for most of them, Jesus wtf is wrong with you guys just don't answer if you don't have the answer , simple.

blblblblb

Mar 18, 2019
Well, whole point of storing the saves deep in local user files, instead in the game is to help non technical users. Either way, it's simple. Developer didn't implement it for whatever reason, and I don't really see how discussion here will change his decision.

Renpy games do have in-game saves folder too. Besides, you press this point tad bit to much for somebody not complaining about it....
As for saves, there are full saves of 0.4.1 in this thread, also at Faerin's discord.

As for saves, there are full saves of 0.4.1 in this thread, also at Faerin's discord.
bru ..... another useless answer, congratulaiton, you won the title above all the others

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It wasn't really a thing until Windows 7 iirc. Possibly Windows XP.
Prior to then, games typically had their saves in the game's own folders.

Renpy you genius....
Ren'Py... Next time write the engine name instead of failing at being a smart arse.

I know where the save are jesus i ask why it is like this considering other games are not, renpy or not, unity games also save on your computer for most of them, Jesus wtf is wrong with you guys just don't answer if you don't have the answer , simple.
What's wrong with us, is you talking bollocks.

You start off talking about the game not storing saves "on the computer" like a gibbering moron, when they in fact do. Because your game is on your computer in the first place - "I know where the saves are" - yes, on your computer. They're not stored in a subfolder of Appdata on your C: drive, but it's still on your computer.

Furthermore, why are you even kicking up a stink about where they are in the first place?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
bru ..... another useless answer, congratulaiton, you won the title above all the others
If you are not satisfied with answers offered here, you can always complain at Internet Quality Control Board... So they can replace users here with one you will like more, or something.

Bottom line, there are full saves posted here, if you deleted your own, use them instead.

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes