Scubatropin

Jun 7, 2021
I was a Patreon member promised content for the end of June, its now August. The dev isn't responding to anyone on Discord and there's an admin that is deleting anyone that complains. I feel like I've been "Sylphined"

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I was a Patreon member promised content for the end of June, its now August. The dev isn't responding to anyone on Discord and there's an admin that is deleting anyone that complains. I feel like I've been "Sylphined"
Gotta say that sucks, I imagine since it was an actual advertised promise (take a screenshot) you might be able to claim your money back from Patreon or from whatever service to used to pay them.

BTW I have no idea what "Sylphined" means, is it a typo? the best I could find
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Scubatropin

Jun 7, 2021
Gotta say that sucks, I imagine since it was an actual advertised promise (take a screenshot) you might be able to claim your money back from Patreon or from whatever service to used to pay them.

A number of members were made similar promises by the developer Glacerose for the game "Sylphine" who kept making deadlines for himself, but never delivered.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Damn, I completely forgot about Syphine. It had the potential to be a really good game. Dev really fucked it up.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
A number of members were made similar promises by the developer Glacerose for the game "Sylphine" who kept making deadlines for himself, but never delivered.
Gotta say I don't think that's a term that likely to catch on outside a very niche group (from what I see they only had around 500 patreons)... there are lots of Devs doing the same thing who have been going for much longer, one Dev I know called SimBros went about 9 years without delivering any updates beyond minor tweaks (and they were taking 20-30K per month IIRC) I think they eventually owned up that they had stopped working on it around 2019

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
so when does a game earn the "abandoned" tag?
For a game to considered abandoned, the dev must have not made any posts about the game on their official pages for 3 months, or not release a new game update for 18 months. Since the last post he made on patreon was last month the game will not get the abandoned tag any time soon.

dahlenxd

Apr 15, 2020
Have you people ever thought that maybe that has happened something with him or with any in close relation to the person and need some time off like show some got damn respect

taru

Apr 23, 2018
did i bug something i forgot about talking to rose with grandma before buying the pool now shes always at the pool in the morning and i can't ask to call rose, do i need to go back before i buy the pool?

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes