VN Ren'Py Milfy Cases: Damsels in Distress [v0.017] [Big Chungus Productions]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

jonquilnatrix

Feb 27, 2024
Milfy Cases - Damsels in Distress Unofficial Fan Taboo Mod
(Currently updated for Version v0.017 - Will try to manually keep this post up to date.)
This is a dialogue replacement/label hijacking patch file. Just drop it in the "game" folder in Milfy Cases. No files are overwritten. IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OTHER IPATCH.
- The other iPatch while "future compatible" is not only spotty, but doesn't fit the existing story and constant references in dialogue to not being related break immersion. That's why I felt it necessary to do this style of one.

Features:
- Slightly tweaks the story background such that Mary is the MC's mom who after something traumatic happened left the MC's dad when the MC was very young and gave up her memory of her former life, magic, and the MC.
- This is a line-by-line manual replacement patch that replaces names/pronouns for MC/Mary/Sally/Alice mostly in the narration and the MC's thoughts about his mom and sisters.
- Any reference that would have prevented characters being related was altered.
- MC becomes more reluctant in his thoughts to sexualize/want to fuck his biological family members at first.
- Additional taboo dialogue and references to being related added to existing lines.
- Added the ability to rename the MC at the start. (Would have done the same for other characters but due to the mix of tags of [mar] and [mary] that would have been more complicated, short of asking you to name her twice... I'm sure the dev will implement full character renaming again in the near future anyways.)

Feedback is appreciated if anything is broken.

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Updated Milfy Cases 0.17 review

In my 0.14 review, I was quite rough on mrbigchungus and his new game. You could feel the game's potential, but it was hampered by inconsistency and trying too much. We spoke about his game in private and he revealed plans for a rework. The 0.17 update features that rework as well as new scenes. Has the game gotten better with all his hard work?

STORY Milfy Cases is still very silly. However, the rewrite did away with most of the clutter and focuses the story on the MC and his adventure. Chad is a young wizard with a love for outdoor photography. His powers allow him supernatural things like talking to animals or conjuring spells. Magic is often an easy cop-out in games, but you can feel the developer wants more than just story cop outs. Time will tell how the magic will play out.

You end up in a house with three women, your landlady and her two tenants. All tropes aside, they will prey on you - but there's also enough personality given to each character to make them stand out. Sally is a bit clueless, Alice is a young smartypants / pottymouth and Mary is the guardian of the house and unsatisfied mother figure. The improved dialog works to help give character to their presence.

I advised the dev to lean into the sillyness and mystery element of the game and wasn't disappointed at his rework. This works great because humor, sex and supernatural things aren't often combined. The tongue-in-cheek tone of some scenes (hearing animals willingly slaughter themselves, a squirrel interacting with you) is funny and silly, which help this game to stand out among the many games.

PRESENTATION
As far as graphics go, the game remained largely the same. The slowdowns have been removed and it plays far better now. One final gripe I do still have are the somewhat blank facial stares the women give, but it's less apparent than before. The dev also added additional renders for stuff that was already released in order to smooth things out. This is a better experience while the graphics were initially the strongest part about the game.

Special mention does go out to the new sex scenes, which seems improved over the already above average sex scenes the game already had. There's audio, animations and moisture effects. They really helps sell the scene.

GAMEPLAY
Being a standard VN, choices don't seem to have much impact yet - but you can definitely ruin your chances with the women and they will reference it in later conversations. That's a big upgrade from the previous version, as now we can actively tell the game is tracking how much of an asshole Chad is. You can miss out on entire scenes if you behave like an idiot and you will get different responses too.

Still want to compliment the way the developer uses choice to bring humor to the game. Suppose a woman asks you 'Does this look good on me?' - you'll have the 'yes, very sexy' choice, the 'I think you can do better' choice, but also the insulting 'it looked better in the package' choice. You'd never pick it to get closer to a woman, but it's fun to see how she would respond to it.

OVERALL
Milfy Cases is in a far better place than it was. The new update adds mystery and intrigue on top of the story we already knew as it looks Chad is becoming quite the investigator. The sillyness is what makes the game memorable for me - I probably won't remember Sally wanting to suck my dick, but I will remember the squirrel who knocked you out in front of your housemates. I'm curious to see where this will go next.

Congratulations on a big upgrade, mrbigchungus.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
Here:

-Install URM: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/04/3610465_0x52_URM.zip
-Decompress and Put this file into your /game folder: View attachment 3642302
Then IN GAME, press M and edit the variable to whatever name you want.

Peace :)
I've used URM from time to time, but in this case I had an older version on the drive still. I just installed .14 and made a new save after naming my MC. it was the intro changes, you're Chad from the start: in .14 you're "????" until you meet Chungus and choose.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Yeah, the name thing I struggled with (along with the personalization) in this game, and changed my mind a few times.

The main character has a new default name, which will be in the bug fix update hopefully soon; along with a change to the 2 frame animations that more than a few people here have called out as "not awesome."

I'm trying to learn, grow, and of course, attempt new things. Sometimes, that new thing works. In this case, at least one of them didn't.

I have also learned, work harder on names + backstory before the first act in a game, so it doesn't end up needing rework like this one did. Cheers, folks.

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes