Mod Ren'Py Milfy City - Lain's Walkthrough Mod + Cheat Mod [v0.71b]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
I would imagine that the mod would take quite some time to update. The size of the game in the last release before the update (v0.71b) was 4.4gb. After the update it jumped up to around 9.3gb. So despite some things being removed (grr!) or altered, there's apparently a huge amount of new content. That's a lot of stuff to go through. This might not be a "typical" update that would normally take a modder 1-7 days to get to. Not to mention whatever the status of the incest mod is, and how exactly it would be implemented into this mod. Also not to mention Lain's basic human needs to sleep, eat, work, school, relationships, decompress, or whatever else she has going on in real life.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the tech side of things. But just as an outsider looking in, I think I can see why this mod may take a longer than usual time to update.

Apr 20, 2021
Considering they keep changing the Ren'Py version each update, you have to start a new game with "d", would be kind of moot to update a mod for every beta every 3 days ;)
thank God someone finally typed that, I have been cringing through thread update after update and even switched from watched to a bookmark as I filled my stupid quota for the week.

• Haha
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

Kertug

Oct 3, 2017
I played the game without the mod, i found 1 bug if you talk to big sis when she is in the kitchen the game stuck at night, avoid that, finish her quest first. I manage to open all the gallery but one. So try the game untill the mod came out.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
A note for Maid Lain: Please take the time to thoroughly spell out what your mod does and, if applicable, how it's related to other mods when it comes to incest & restore-removed-content.

It seems we're in for a miserable storm of confusion around these incest + restore-removed-content mods as not only is there a lot of work to be done due to v1.0 cutting out a LOT of the original fetishes/content but we also have a lot of separate efforts that won't be magically compatible with each other.

So far I counted:
    • Obsolete but it seems the game itself still supports it so it's not going anywhere
  • joelurmel's mod https://f95zone.to/threads/milfy-city-v1-0d-icstor.8012/post-11795618
    • Fastest so far but it's unclear exactly what it does and how rich/complete it is
  • Maid Lain's mod
    • TBD (not yet published)
  • "Pirate" mod
    • TBD (not yet published). For everyone's safety I won't get into details but there is some reason to hope that once v1.0 is [COMPLETED] a "pirate" mod may pop out restoring incest & other fetishes/content in a much more rewarding way than simply renaming appellatives.

People who will wait until the best combo of v1.0 [COMPLETED] + restore mods is available are in for a world of hurt in trying to determine on which mod(s) to wait for and for how long. So far we're "lucky" v1.0 is not yet [COMPLETED].

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
A note for Maid Lain: Please take the time to thoroughly spell out what your mod does and, if applicable, how it's related to other mods when it comes to incest & restore-removed-content.

It seems we're in for a miserable storm of confusion around these incest + restore-removed-content mods as not only is there a lot of work to be done due to v1.0 cutting out a LOT of the original fetishes/content but we also have a lot of separate efforts that won't be magically compatible with each other.

So far I counted:
    • Obsolete but it seems the game itself still supports it so it's not going anywhere
  • joelurmel's mod https://f95zone.to/threads/milfy-city-v1-0d-icstor.8012/post-11795618
    • Fastest so far but it's unclear exactly what it does and how rich/complete it is
  • Maid Lain's mod
    • TBD (not yet published)
  • "Pirate" mod
    • TBD (not yet published). For everyone's safety I won't get into details but there is some reason to hope that once v1.0 is [COMPLETED] a "pirate" mod may pop out restoring incest & other fetishes/content in a much more rewarding way than simply renaming appellatives.

People who will wait until the best combo of v1.0 [COMPLETED] + restore mods is available are in for a world of hurt in trying to determine on which mod(s) to wait for and for how long. So far we're "lucky" v1.0 is not yet [COMPLETED].
it is complete, to the extent that with the restart of 1.0d I only rechecked through the gallery

azz111

May 15, 2020
You're new around here smarty.. I can ask any question however I want..I don't care if that question was asked before or not I'm not expecting an answer from some weirdos or some smarties like you..I'm expecting answer from dev..if my sily questions never answered by dev, that's my problem. So get a life, play in your playground..
Well, why don't you try crying harder about it? Maybe that'll help?

• Haha
Reactions: Sturbuck

manneychin

May 8, 2017
it is complete, to the extent that with the restart of 1.0d I only rechecked through the gallery
Thanks. Nice to know your mod can already be used for a full play-through but the other side of the issue is knowing to what extent the mod changes things. Renaming appellatives (Linda > Mom, etc.) is a given but what more?
e.g. (The questions below don't hide expectations. They are exhaustive just to make the issues clear.)
Does the mod add visuals (images/videos) not existent in the official v1.0? (maybe visuals taken from older versions that got removed in v1.0 or visuals taken from fanart)
Does the mod add any completely new dialogue lines / choices?
Does the mod fully reformulate/replace some of the existing dialogue lines? (this goes beyond renaming landlady > Mom; it means taking one or more lines that sound bad/bland and fully replacing them with reworked versions)

I hope you get my perspective, which is that of someone who's trying to stay away from spoilers but also trying to determine which mods to select when v1.0 is [COMPLETED]. It's extremely hard to achieve both these desiderates unless mods are properly documented. A "sub-optimal" mod selection will pretty much spoil the game for those of us whose top priority is to get the kinkiest incest experience.

Reactions: RabidSloth

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
Some were being very entitled and abusive towards her for the Mods that they were getting for free. Thank you should be enough and if not, then move along.

Reactions: azz111 and JoeKent
5.00 star(s) 7 Votes